BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Thanks! Haha, one of girls who went to VIP said she went clubbing during the last week :graucho: too funny. I'm sure I will be recovering and eating.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven´t gone through surgery yet. I posted previously that I had planned to go to VIP at the end of this June, and after that I posted some concerns of mine as a reaction to HHer´s surgery and recovery experience expressing my sympathy to her and saying that I too was afraid of not being able to recognize myself.

I just wanna say that I´m totally aware of the diffucult recovery with rib, but still can´t help being a little scared of it all. However I do feel like rib is the way to go for me since I live in a country where the winter is really cold and don´t wanna walk around w a blue nose all the time among w other cons like higher risk for infection and the fact that it is a foreign material.
I have postponed the surgery because I don´t want to rush it. Wanna have more time to plan and to prepare.

Haha, aw thanks.

I'm not sure I'd want to replace it or if I want it to begin with. To be honest I am not too bothered about having a flat/no bridge. I think I'd still look cute with a better nose (tip/alar) but still a flat bridge. I know a bridge would also be more attractive on me but I'm not 100% sure it's necessary in order to make my features more harmonious. so if there was a problem with the silicon, I don't know if I'd want to bother with another bridge implant.

everyone I read has different things to say about silicon vs goretex.

I think Jung def prefers goretex and from what I hear he is very skilled at it. however what he says about it is the opposite from what I've heard from Charles Lee, a well known surgeon in LA. his website says:

"While some surgeons advocate Gore-Tex™, we find the prefabricated shape to be too limited. The original use of this tissue was for use in Caucasian rhinoplasty. A thin 1millimeter sheet is laid on top of the nasal bone to smoothen out any small bumps after shaving the bone. The manufacturer subsequently made thicker sheets measuring 3-4mm in thickness for use in non-Caucasian patients. Although appropriate in some patients, we have found that the broad wide sheets do not conform well in the myriad of Asian nasal shapes."

but Dr Jung's office just told me that their silicone is ready-made and goretex is shaped and hand carved by the Dr for the individual's nose. which is the opposite of what Charles lee is saying. I have also heard that Jung is very good at goretex so even if it's hard to remove, he could do it if it comes to it, hmmm...

also Dr Paul Nassif, very skilled and wellknown Beverly Hills rhinoplasty surgeon prefers only autologous material like septal, fascia and rib but has said in some cases if he must, he has used goretex. but refuses to ever use silicon.

So definitely a lot to consider while I decide what to do. I think I MAY just go with goretex if I'm going with Jung because that seems to be his specialty and what he prefers. also his clinic is not pushing a bridge implant on me at all and is happy to just do alar & tip, so that's always nice.

though some things give me a bad feeling about his clinic... PM me if you want to know what, maybe we can discuss it because maybe i'm just being crazy and it's normal and nothing wrong.

anyway sorry for that essay! bisousx I'm gonna go in late Sept. my cousin in China is getting married so I figure I'll go to Korea to do the surgery first and then China to go to see the wedding.

I still haven't ruled out VIP since I do like the work I've seen them do on forumers here, even though I don't want rib.

oh and @HHer, thanks so much for the review. you're gorgeous, even before the surgery. I agree with JoAnn, why did you want a nose job? :smile: and I think you DO look like your old self, just a different nose. I think the biggest difference in you is actually the colour of your skin, you look darker in the before pic, but that's the biggest difference besides the nose. :smile: anyway happy healing, hope the fat grafts absorb soon. have you gone back to work yet? or was the milkyway who was worried about going back to work?

very useful info! thanks very much, I shall look into this

I am new here and I have read every single post in the two asian nose job threads. Choosing a surgeon seems like the most difficult task at the moment. I have contacted VIP and I am inclined to going there because Dr. Lee saw the same aesthetic problems with my nose that I saw myself. We agreed on everything, so at least I know we are on the same page. I also want to have zygoma reduction done but it seems there has not been anyone that got it performed there, so I have no feedback.

However, I have been reading a few negative things about them and that makes me a bit wary. It's not cheap surgery by any means and I think their prices are comparable to american prices, so it's not like if things go wrong, I would have extra money to possibly have it fixed. I need to get this right the first time.

I just want to thank everyone for opening up and being so kind to share information, so that, people like me who are still searching for the right surgeon for them greatly benefits from that information.

do you think the clinics are quoting this 10% tax in their price quotes? because the prices I've been quoted don't seem to have changed from now (I'm going after July) even though there is a tax. or is it like in the US where the tax is added on to the price later? (in the UK the tax is always included)

how far are you from California? if you have to fly, maybe Korea is still best? I think it'll still work out cheaper, but I don't know. I'm in the UK so going to America for surgery costs just as much as staying here.

Hello everyone :smile:

Reading everyones progress and experiences is making me so jealous and impatient. Can't waiit to go ahead with my rhinoplasty but will have to be patient since I plan to go a year from now hopefully. I was curious to see if vip updated on any of their before and after pictures, and to my surprise they did. I think this is on the english site. Here is the link. Plz take a look and tell me what you guys think. The before and after Is pretty nice. I don't read korean so if someone can translate and tell me what she got done tht would be great.
Hehe I wonder if this is anyone from this forum, any lurkers??? Anyone willing to come forward??? Lol

http://www.beauty-korea.com/nose/gallery/view.php3?kind=&id=379&start=0

It says that she had a revision rhino with rib as
well as rib paranasal augmentation.

I'm from singapore & I intend to stay for 2 weeks, i'll see hw it goes when vip replies me. I got a reply from dr.jung's manager too, vip must b really bz ><

where are you from? i'm have a impression that you lived in korea. nt sure if it's right. but what you mean by fun?

I really haven been to any cold countries so i'm gonna have to borrow from my friend winter clothings, how many layers do you think i will need? I was thinking if it'll put pressure on the ribs

I'm very scared of pain so i'll probably feel the same way hher did. hope i'm stronger that what i think. lol...

Wondering if anyone else is going during this period as well? Haven really set my date yet, but within the next few months till jan, anyone else going?

Mintminttang, how is your surgery, improving? you have pictures of before and after to share. I am still inseach of a doctor for my eyes and nose. Please send to [email protected]. Thanks. KL

rawdude just add a couple of years to that number. Yes, most likely just define the tip and alar (most important). And raise bridge slightly. Glad that there's an honest person out there! First things first, I have to make money~~lots of money...

If i do go then I'm going with friends that speak Korean and then live with them. Less costly also to shop around for clinics. (I just like the fact that VIP takes care of their patients after surgery, still leaning towards the clinic .)
Anyways gtg
good luck to all!

p.s. Thanks HHer for the review:smile: !!

im quite impresssed with this before & after....any profile views available???

so she did not have silicone paranasal right?

the paranasal was completely made from self rib?

Does anyone know if sliding genioplasty can fix a protruding mouth?

or is silicone paranasal implant the only way to create a drastic improvement?