BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi guys,

I have been in touch with both clinics O & Young and VIP. The prices they quoted me are very different from each other for autologous Ribcartilage. After reading a lot in this forum I expected O & Young to be the most expensive. It actually turned out to be the opposite for me. Have to mention that this is my first Nosejob. VIP quoted me USD $8300 and O&Young USD $5000.

I'm very surprised over the price they gave me comparing to what I've read from this forum. Has any of you experienced the same ?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way... I also asked O&Young about the risk of using Donor Rib contra Autologous Rib. They told me that there are no difference and the risks are the same. This confuses me a lot, because I've read that it's best to use your own cartilage.

Is it really true that there are no higher risks in using donor rib?

Hi,

I've done my research based on Taiwanese and Korean doctors including prices. Do email me if u r interested
[email protected]

I have actually checked with my friends who used rib cartilage for entire nose the absorption rate. Among 4 of them, 1 has almost 90% absorption, 1 has around 50%,1 has 40%, 1 has around 30% . If these aborption rate can represent the general aborption pattern among the patients, then they are not much different from the absorption rate for donated rib cartilage.
However most asian couldnt accept other ppl's rib inside their own body.

Hi, I am scheduling a consultation with him on 10 Sep..It will be nice if can see you around there..

You will be back on 14th Sep? That s a quite tight schedule

o& young nv replies my email.can let me know how u managed to contact them

Out of curiosity, I emailed O & Young my photos to get a quote. Dr. Kim responded and quoted me 5,900,000 KWN for revision using autologous rib cartilage on the entire nose. However, he said that he can't guarantee the price because the exact price will not be known until he examines me in person. He said that the price will be higher, but he does not know what that is.

This is quite different from what other people were quoted. Someone was quoted 10,000,000 KRW for first rhinoplasty and another was quoted over 11,000,000 KRW for revision (both cases using autologous rib). The price discrepancy really makes me nervous. How are we supposed to know how much cash to take?

I'm very tempted to check out O & Young due to the lower cost, but I think I'm just going to stick with my surgery at VIP. I'm not going to risk having to pay even a higher price at O & Young. It would be awesome if someone on the forum ends up having surgery at O & Young- please keep us updated.

Here are some major differences between O & Young and VIP.
O & Young harvests the cartilage from the 9th rib.
VIP harvests the cartilage from the 7th rib.
At O & Young, rib rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure, so you go home after surgery.
At VIP, the price includes a 2 night stay at the clinic where nurses monitor you and take care of you just in case you have a fever, infections, etc...
O & Young does not provide any services for international patients- I verified this.
VIP provides airport pick up, aesthetic services, hair washing, and accommodation at their officetel (number of days is dependent on availability, but the earlier you book the better).
According to this journal conducted by South Korean doctors, the 7th rib cartilage is the most ideal one for Asian rhinoplasty
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15277829

If you're going to be in Seoul for a substantial time period, then you should definitely check out your top choice of clinics before you make a decision. You would risk not being able to get the surgery date of your choice, but that wouldn't matter if you're there long enough. I don't have a lot of options since I'm using autologous rib cartilage, but this isn't the case for everyone.

Izora,

I am impressed with the amount of research you went into.
You are really so kind to share with all of us.

I am hoping to do my nose revision using full rib cartilage as well
but am just so worried about the absorbing rate.

DId you email them for any B&F photos for patients using full Rib Cartilage?

WHen will you be doing your surgery?

How much did VIP charge you?

I emailed them and got a price list for various matieral to be used thus just want to check if the prices they quoted are standardised.

I hope to do mine is mid november.

did you end up having rhino done by shah?

You can wait until I have my surgery at VIP next month to see if you even want to consider VIP. I will write about my experience regardless of the results. I will try to be objective and report concrete facts.

IZora,

Yes please do update!! ARe you using Full autologous rib catilage?
Me too and JoAnn and gotten back to me, but she told me they will harvest on the 9th rib instead of 7th which you mentioned. How much are they charging you for the whole operation, if you do not mind sharing can PM me? I can't work out where to PM you.

I gotten replies from VIP and MIGO, am more leaning towards VIP cos Dr Lee's is so confident that he can do the best job for me using rib cartilage where as MIGO is more towards Goretex and Septsl cartilage.

VIP Mr Lee state that Goretex can be more dangerous than Silicon but MIGO state Goretex is the more suitable choice. Why all this different information?

Mr Lee also mentioned that using rib cartilage for structure and Tip will have better results than using septal and ear cartilage because of quality and quantity.

When exactly are you going next month? Will you have a blog after your before and after? please let me know because you are the only one I read that I going to use full autologous rib for a revision with VIP that is my exact case.

I NEED YOU!!!

I contacted them first by phone, saying that I will send them an email.
And afterwards we have been emailing. I'm actually really surprised how quick they were to answer my mails.

I recommend you to call them, so they know they should expect an email from you.

Hi greatnose,
Yea that would be nice to see u around there, too bad you won't be there earlier. I will be only there for a week...so I will be flying out after stitch removal on day 5. Which dr have you decided on? Do you know which hotel u will be staying at?