BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

going abroad is kinda a last resort
i searched a lot online for a US doctor, even for something like raising the bridge, i can't even find one reliable doctor who does this. actually i can't even remember finding any. for something like cutting the bone for an asian face? US doctors just don't have this kinda experience. even a lot of people from the US who aren't asian will go to korea for bone cutting surgery. a lot of the clinics get foreigners (non-koreans, non-asians) because korea is known for its plastic surgery and to have good surgeons for something like cosmetic surgery. i am freaked out by the fact that i won't be able to understand anything when i get there. i don't even know how i'll get around, i'll probably have to ask someone every 2 minutes if they speak english. i'll probably have to take a cab everywhere, i couldn't survive the subway. i don't know anyone in korea. if something goes wrong in korea, you can't do anything about it. not even sue the doctor, and it's your face. the clinics get so much business they probably don't care if one person's face gets messed up. if i could stay in the US to do plastic surgery, trust me i would.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post is great! Swelling is down a lot and I'm on day 3 now. I'll email pictures of my nosezz. I don't want topper it since I want to keep it more private to the people who are serious about surgery. But the cast comes off Saturday so I'll be able to see I better then.
As for cosmgirl: I don't speak the language either, know how to cook nor do I even have asian parents. But I still love being asian. I just bought my first asian musician cd the other day by Bi-rain. He's pretty awesome. Why don't you stop hating being you and stop being so closed minded. And maybe you'd be close to your parents if you didn't hate Asians so much. Ever think of that? How about them apples?
Your self hating and it's sad to hear. But also, you make me mad.

i dont remember your screenname on the other forum, if it was the same or not, but i understand what you're saying, i guess we just have our own personal reasons for doing surgery
you say "till you found interest in your background," but i never will. i have no interest in it and never will have any interest. i don't want to force myself to find interest in something i have no interest in. i don't want to learn to live with something i'm not or to settle for something that doesnt feel right

id be pretty satisfied with just a jaw reduction, mandible reduction, and a lot of fat removal from my face, which is 100% achievable, even the before/after pics that the clinics sent me, i liked a whole lot better than how i look currently. and rhinoplasty in a couple months. the clinics are even suggesting a thousand other things which i don't want, like zygoma reduction, paranasal augmentation, etc. i'd never get anything done below my neck either, they suggested liposuction but i plan to lose the weight naturally, ive just been a bit lazy and eating too much the past few years. but i wouldn't ever do body liposuction, and i dont get why people do calf reductions... i didn't even know people care about their calf sizes lol.

you love being asian because you are asian identity wise.
i have no idea who bi-rain is, im guessing thats an asian boy band like the backstreet boys or something. im sure their music is great, but ill never enjoy that stuff no matter how open minded i try to be. im just not interested. im not close minded, in fact im very open minded lol. its like, if you hate a movie, watching it 1000x times and other movies like it to try to be more open minded and forcing yourself to like it will make you hate it even more lol. and i don't hate asians? i just don't want to look like one. if a boy wants to look like a girl its not because he hates boys its because he just doesnt feel like one. lol and im not close to my parents for other reasons
i don't hate myself just my looks because it doesn't match who i am. i mean there are some things i kick myself for doing and there are things that i can work on to be a better person, but i dont know if i "hate myself"
its nothing new its been like this my whole life so i am 100% sure about the surgeries i wanna do.
and im pretty scared of most surgeries and anything involving general anesthesia, so i'd never do more than a jaw reduction, that is the absolute worst surgery i'd probably ever do. even the rib rhinoplasty scares me. i think i'll be satisfied with a rhinoplasty, jaw reduction, facial liposuction. this would make a pretty drastic change in my appearance, and i think i'd look 50% more caucasian and have more caucasian features. that will bring me closer to my identity and i will feel better.

hey does anyone know if jaw reduction or lipo should be done first? how come some doctors can do them together, but others can't? (banobagi can't do them together, they say you have to come back in 3 months after the jaw reduction before they can do lipo). i don't get why they can't just do the lipo before the procedure though, i watched some lipo on youtube and it doesnt look like the skin is even bruised, and the lady just walked away and went home without much swelling even.

ill probably go to korea at the beginning of september or so, will anyone be there?
except this lipo and jaw reduction thing is throwing me off track
now i wonder if i should get the lipo first before the jaw reduction?
before i was thinking just do the jaw reduction, but then my face will still be fat and i think most of it actually comes from fat and skin, i think my face can be reduced more from the fat removal than from the jaw reduction

also if i do the jaw reduction, i might lose some weight naturally anyways afterwards, and i prefer to lose weight as naturally as possible rather than through liposuction

that sounds really great! congrats!
im going to seoul in 3 weeks. going to consultation at vip, but you had your nose done at dream, was it? id love to see a "dream nose", so when you feel comfortable, please show us your pix :smile:[email protected]

cosmogirl
maybe i didnt make it clear. im not saying you need to "become chinese", but why dont you just accept that youre asian and live with it? :s like kayrider is saying, is it so awful to be asian?

it makes me sad :sad:

Honestly, all of us here who have had ps have changed what we had to look like something else. It doesn't matter if we had subtle changes or not, IMO it's not right to tell you that you shouldn't change your features to anyway you want. My conern is more practical, telling a doc to make you look caucasian seems like a huge risk in turning you into a not quite caucasian looking freak. Just the surgeries you are considering will make you look more caucasian, so concentrating on making those look good will help in your goal.

should deaf people just accept that they are deaf and live with it?
i dont think its awful to be asian if you identity with being asian
but its awful to be asian and look like one when you dont
like if you dont wanna be deaf then its pretty awful to be deaf
even if thats how you were born and you dont consider it a handicap
deaf people have their own community and identity
i can't accept something im not happy with

im not expecting to look 100% caucasian, just as much as possible, even if that means like 70%, 50%, or even less, whatever is the most, i just want to be as close to my identity as possible
even the after pics where they put in the rhinoplasty changes and jaw reduction and facial fat reduction alone, would be a big improvement like you said, and would help me look more caucasian
i dont want to look like a freak
ive already had some surgeries and the changes have not been that much, i mean just double eyelids, and hairline lowering, i am pretty scared of surgeries in general so i wouldn't even dare do some surgeries that would make me look like a "freak"
jaw reduction is the worst surgery i would ever consider, i wouldnt do any other surgery that involves general anesthesia

i think the rhinoplasty, jaw reduction and losing weight would make me look more caucasian, maybe 25% ;) cause i think with the rib rhinoplasty they want to raise my bridge a lot, a drastic change, and it won't look bad or like a "freak", maybe just a bit unusual like people won't know what ethnicity i am but i am fine with that.

its not that i only want to look caucasian. even if i didn't, i'd still get a lot of the same surgeries cause my face still has some problems with proportions even without wanting to look more caucasian. i think i will be satisfied with looking 50% caucasian, maybe that can be my goal. or maybe 25-50%, that is realistic enough i think.

i dont think a rhinoplasty can be so bad to make someone look like a "freak"
i will be clear about what type of nose i want, and bring in pictures.
i wanted my bridge raised a lot, and a certain look at the tip, and if i bring a picture i dont see how they can give me a nose to look like a "freak", i tried photoshopping those noses on a pic of me to see how it might look, some look weird, some don't, when it doesn't look good it doesn't look like a "freak", it just doesn't look good lol but not a "freak"

and i dont see how telling a doctor to make your jaw more caucasian like can turn you into a "freak"
it just means to make your jaw more angular, and i wanted a drastic change
like maybe ashley greene's jaw or something, i like how her jaw looks, and ill bring in some pictures

and i dont see how they can make someone a freak through buccal fat removal (which is so common and there's only so many ways you can do it) or liposuction.

these things will only help me look better because i have a wide mandible, a lot of buccal fat that needs to be removed, and other fat, and a super small nose.

I lost 100 pounds and it majorly changed my cheekbone profile. Heck, at my weight now gaining o losing 5 lbs changes my cheekbone prominence. If you didn't already know that your face was wide at 100 lbs I would recommend trying to lose weight on your own and see what happens. But since you already know your face is wide at the lower weight, liposuction seems like an option. I think its still better to do the lipo when your closer to your ideal weight. It doesn't take a huge difference in fat in your face to change your look considerably. If they make you look good now, then you lose weight and it takes fat out of your face, you will look old, like a man, or poor.

Well then, go marry or fined a white boyfriend. Tell him how much you hate being Asian, and how much you don't like your parents because they are Asian, and then tell him that you wish you weren't born from your parents. go even further and say that you did plastic surgery for all these reasons. You sound like a real keeper right there. You make me mad, I'm done with you
Finding identity is jus \t accepting who you are. you really need a psychiatrist

[​IMG]

Do you mean the after photo above look Photoshopped? I find it hard to believe too. But if it is real, the result are really amazing. It is really difficult to find a clinic that are aggressive enough to do dramatic changes to a nose. The following clinics located at korea that do drastic changes are the ones I know of :'(
O&Young clinic is way too expensive for rib graft.
Wonjin clinic
wannabeps clinic

lol i alway proud being asian, white boy over here chasing for a asian gf, i dont understand y u hate to being asian so much, and even you do surgery it will not change that much and if you do too much u probably will look like MJ cuz he want to change his identity to white and he look horrible, i just feel sorry for u, no matter wat you said about ur identity is not asian but the fact is you are and no matter how much surgery u will do u still are asian