BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Anyone going to taiwan for a nose job?

Most probably I will be seeing Dr Kao for my surgery, which I will be doing alar, tip and using rib cartilage for my bridge.
Dr Kao charges me 110000 for the surgery which includes a night stay and under GA.

Hit me up if you're going to Taiwan for your surgery, maybe we can meet and go together to save cost! :yahoo:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking about getting mine done. im in the states so not sure about going overseas for this. they said it would take at least 2 weeks for the swelling & bruises to fade. are you gals planning on staying over there for more than 2 weeks? also how much will it cost, in US $$$. tia.

my other option is houston texas. there's a surgery center down there. i've heard that they have a very good surgeon from korea there. it would cost about $4k + trip expenses. it would take me over 10hrs to drive there. don't want to flight - don't want to scare people. lol

Hi, i'll be going with my sis at the last week of Nov till first week of Dec. We can meet for coffee & shopping if you're going around that time.

Hi all

I am 7 months post rhinoplasty with tip plasty with cartiledge and bridge augumentation with silicon at Banobagi clinic in Seoul. I do not frequent here much as I have had finals this year and now I finally have a bit of time to post (yay!) Initially in the first 4-5 months I was quite dissatisified with my nose. This was not necessarily because of the surgeons skills, but it was more my own mental state. At the time I was not unhappy that I changed my nose, but I was not over the moon either. Some days I would think the nose was not bad and other days I would dislike it. I guess nothing can prepare you for the change, and suddenly seeing a slightly different person in the mirror can be scary. I think I am slowly coming to terms with the way my face looks now. I can say I am 100% glad I went and had rhinoplasty, otherwise I may still be obsessing about it now. However, in retrospect I realise my old nose was not that bad. I actually didnt need surgery at all.....

In my opionion my surgeon did very conservative work for me, barely chaging the shape (maybe he lacked the skill to change it dramatically, maybe he coould tell I was not prepared for a dramtic change etc...I will never know!).

He just added 2mm height and lengthened my tip but left it a little 'round'. At the time I was disappointed with the tip, as in my mind I hoped for a 'sharper tip'--> NOTE: I DID NOT ASK for a SHARPER TIP at the surgery as I was too excited at the consultation and forgot to mention so many things, plus I dont really know what kind of nose I wanted. So another lesson to you is to make sure you are prepared to know what you want and dont want in your nose....research, research, research!! I actually spent 1 year researching, but still felt that I missed a lot of things out

Ultimately, I am glad that I didnt go for a more drastic nose with a sharper tip, as I may have not been able to cope with it psychologically. So I guess for me, everything happened the way it should have done.....

These are estimates for rhinoplasty. I remember all three clinics said silicone and Gore-tex cost the same. I did not notice the rib cartilage prices, but I saw them for comparison.

Two doctors recommended this procedure to me to go along with my nose job. They both said it would create harmony with my new nose. They said it would help with the deep furrows that run along my nose down to my mouth. I am not sure how they are fixed but they are Gore-tex. I am not sure how they look because I still have swelling. I hope they come out alright because my cheeks and nose look really weird now.

It took you one year researching and there are still things that you missed out ?!?! :shocked::wacko: I feel stress already.

I have just opened a new shop so I kindda work 10 to 12 hours/day. By the time I get home, I could barely open my eyes leave alone going to the net and search. But I do try to get as much info as could whenever I could.

I am thinking of going to Korea around the end of March or early April next year, when it slows down a bit with the business. It would be very appreciated if you could give me a list of what to search.

So far I have started with:
1. Choosing a clinic and doctor
2. Reading a bit about types of implant
..... that's all. That's not much. I know I need to read heaps more. But there are so many things and I have so little time. And I don't want to go to Korea knowing nothing. So all the helps from any one are very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that Dr. Jung did my nose and eyes. and that my eyes look really great! My nose is still swollen so I am not sure. But my eyes looked great after just two days. I get compliments on my eyes now. My nose, well, I look weird still.

Can I have his email address?

Would like to email him for a quote too..

Hi all:

Its time for an update. I had a revision nose job with rib cartilage at VIP and i can tell you that it is well worth the trip.

One emphasis of VIP is top notch service. Unlike BK where you'll feel like your in a factory being quickly shoved out of the building, VIP is different. They actually truly care for you. You will actually see the doctor often. every morning he will steralize your nose and examine it, and i mean everyday (except sunday where they are closed).

The nurses are sweet and the other workers there are really friendly, its like one big family. Also joann does the best she can to help you out. I don't think you can find this sort of service in any other clinic.

Now moving on the the nose. I used rib for my entire nose. One really good thing i have to have to have to mention is that the incison site is hidden. Its good that dr lee uses this technique. He makes the incison under your breast and uses an endoscope to find the 7th rib to harvest which takes great time but is worth it if you hit the beach in your bikini. I don't think any other surgeon does this since it takes too long for them and they make make other money with that time. But dr lee is different, he has this thing where he goes for like satisfaction or something. He doesnt seem to care about the money, he seems to just have some passion for doing the surgeries he does.

Many, many, many surgeons will talk you out of using rib. Reason is that alot of them dont have the skill so they would prefer to be on the safe side and use implants. They might try to convince you that theres complications and all this other stuff but then when you ask them about implants, remember to ask if they can guarantee it for a life time. Because no surgeon in the world will be able to say silicon or goretex can last a life time. Implants are good for people who know and are prepared to go through another surgery maybe 4 or even 20 years down the track, but theres no telling when that extrusion or contraction will start. It happens when it happens and noone really knows when.

So moving on the downside of using rib. Yes, there are down sides. The bad thing is that during the first 2 nights you will feel very very very uncomfortable. The pain is bearable just dont try any sit ups. But the discomfort is pretty high. However after that faze you will be fine and recovering faster and faster as time goes. So be prepared for this, but other than that i cant really think of any bad reasons of not using rib, after all it is a part of your body your just...hrmmmz shifting it to your nose ahaha. You can also tell people your not plastic like truthfully because rib is not plastic.

I asked for a really high height so he gave me 6mm. Im just hoping it becomes more symetrical but just looking at it it looks symetrical but when i feel it its not perfect straight. So thats the only worry ill have.

In an all honest opinion, i do think VIP is worth the visit. even if your just going for a consult add them to your list because other doctors in seoul will convnce you to use silicon or goretex. Why? Simple, because its one of the fastest money makers. Shoving a piece of plastic up someones nose doesnt take long compared to finding a rib through an endoscope, harvesting it, shaping it then finally adding it to your nose. These rib procedures are not financially profiting for big clinics, its much easier to just deal with 10 silicon patients a day and make triple the money of two rib surgeries. So its quite rare that youd come across doctors who use rib in seoul. Other than VIP, onyoung and dr jung i cant really think of any.

Im trying to remain as objective as i can ahaha, pretty hard when you get pampered at VIP lol. With their daily facials, hair wash and free food ahaha. Anyway, seriously speaking they are honestly a good clinic and im posting this to let you know there are options out there other than silicon and goretex, im deeply suprised at how i oversaw that in my primary nose job. The doctor at samsung talked me out of it. But im glad that i used it for my revision, well thus so far.

I'll keep updating. So, so far iam happy, but the final result comes in months later, until then. i'll try remain reserved and express opinions that arent impulsive.

Hi there.

I also went with dr. Lee this summer and got rhinoplasty done, thanks to all your info and help.

I wanted to ask you a few questions regarding your healing period. I hope you can share.

I have been super paranoid and anxious that the nose will be infected, and you know, basically be the poster child for doing nose surgery overseas. So far so good though. I was there for two weeks, swelling and bruising was minimal, and stitches and all were removed in a timely manner. I felt good to go home and finished all my medications.

However, now that I'm home I'm slowly starting to develop a headache mainly on my right side. Sometimes it wraps onto the top of my head. It's not severe...probably 2-3/10. But I never suffer from headaches before, so this is a little scary. I've emailed Dr. Lee, but it always takes them a few days to reply, so I wanted to ask if you had the same sensation after returning home?

So me being paranoid and all, I looked up things like headaches, and what not, and came across meningitis and toxic shock syndrome as being a risk (low risks, but still a risk). So then that definitely is starting to freak me out.

I'm 3 weeks post-op and the nose is beautiful! (but I'm just getting scared bc of these weird sensations).

when were you completely free of discomfort? and did you suffer from headaches after?

I don't know if I'm just having anxiety (which I never had before surgery) or stress?? Gosh, I didn't even know that surgery is this emotionally draining.

Who is doing your follow-up care? Do you have a surgeon where you live to look after it? I've tried calling one doctor where I live, and his office manager seems pretty much annoyed that I went overseas for a nose job. I told her I will pay each time I go see him for a followup, monthly then quarterly, but she didn't sound interested.

any information is helpful thanks so much. if you prefer, you can email me privately, [email protected], or [email protected]. I have two email accounts. thanks in advance!

You just made my day reading your post!

I have already made an appointment with Dr Lee this November for a revision nose job using autologous rib but meanwhile, still searching for anyone that has experiences with him..

Do you mind sharing your post op photos with me?
please do PM me if so...

DId you stay 2 nights with them as well?? How is the hospital like? I mean, is it a private room like in a hospital or clinic, or apartment with nursing care?

I am travelling with my parents and 2 children aged 4 and 2 thus I asked them if it is possible for me to resume back to my hotel after operation.

Are you able to walk after the operation or you just rested in bed for the 2 days? This is my only concern because my boys are very attached to me. Especially the young one. He needs me to be around when he goes to bed at night thus it will be impossible for my mom to take care of him in the night without me around...