BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

heyy so i think im gonna do a mini surgery trip around mid august or so
5 days, 2 days of consultations, and then some facial liposuction and *maybe* forehead/brow fat injection (i dont know if they can inject fat into your brow area to raise it? lol)

i just wonder though,
does getting liposuction make your skin stuck so if you lose more weight later the skin doesn't shrink, since the fat that was attached to it was removed?
but if getting liposuction still allows you to lose skin when you lose weight naturally then i think ill do it

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was actually searching online for plane tickets yesterday
so i think i might go the week of august 9-14 or so
itll be a 2k trip
i might as well get a mini surgery while im there right?
like facial liposuction or something
what do you think?

i think you should ask this question to a surgeonn rather than relying ont he advice of laymen over the internet. didnt you say that a surgeon said you should wait before lipo? he probably had a good reason and it isnt wise to disregard that

i dont think thats realistic. any surgeon can make a mistake. and no surgeon has a 100% satisfaction rate.

and not liking the name of a clinic isnt a very good reason for saying that you dont recommend them...

if you want a list of recommended clinics:
vip, banobagi, dream, verite (japan), shimmian
oz, jw, wonjin,

and there are more. some ppl posted a list of websites but youd have to find it urself.

:true:

Hi everyone, has anyone had their paranasal implant removed ? If so, would you please to us which clinic would accept to do so. If yes, how many days after the surgery ?

As I have said before, my middle face is too projected forward (like a guinea pig, I know the image seems a bit strong), but to be honest I think I was better before I had paranasal implants (PI). Also, it has significantly affected my smile and I did not know about this before the surgery. I do not think that when I will have de-swollen, it will be less protruded.

Paranasal implants do change the face. If, like me, you had no idea what it was, don't make my mistake thinking that it can only improve your face. I hope I will get my old smile back after the PI is removed.

I have emailed several reputable doctors in the U.S. about removing the paranasals. All of them said to be very cautious in removing the paranasals because it can cause your nose to collapse if it was done together w/ the rib rhinoplasty. In addition, they recommend to wait at least several months and to return to the original doctor. None of these doctors would do a price quote or were willing to remove them personally.

Does anyone else have different advice?

One doctor's reply to paranasal question:

You are still going through the immediate postoperative phase and, as with any surgery, some changes may be attributable to that (such as swelling, pulling, firmness, some irregularity and asymmetry). These changes should resolve with time, approximately over the course of next few months.

However, some of the changes you are describing may be secondary to the implants placed. In this case, these changes may improve but will likely persist to some extent. You wanted to change your midface with the procedure, didn't you? As far as smile is concerned, this may improve with time once your muscle adapt to the new facial structure.

In any case, at this point of the game you just need to be patent and wait it out.

Another doctor's reply:

You should wait several months before doing everything. It may not be as easy as taking those out because depending on what the doctor did the nose may collapse and give breathing problems.

@Bisousx: I wonder if surgeons refuse to remove the paranasal implant because they think we might make a decision too early or if it is really dangerous for the structure.

I read this "The key to any facial implant removal, albeit a synthetic material or a graft, is for the patient to be sure that they really want it removed. At three weeks after surgery, there would still be some swelling and the final facial appearance has not yet been obtained. Since in your case the 'cost' to get paranasal implants is higher than someone who used synthetic implants, you want to be careful to not have them removed too soon. There was reason you had the procedure done and you invested in cartilage harvesting to get it, so you might want to slow done and wait a few months to get an accurate assessment of the results. Otherwise, it would be fairly easy to remove the cartilage under local or IV sedation."

So, according to this surgeon, removing the paranasal implant is easy.
That's why I think the other surgeons may be reluctant, because we might regret to take a decision too early. In my case, not only my smile is very different than the one I used to have and that I liked, but my middle face is too projected forward and this is not something I like. Therefore, even if my smile goes back to what it used to be, I don't want my facial muscle to get used to that new facial shape that I do not intend to keep. That's why I think having the paranasal implant early is not a bad thing. I cannot wait until a surgeon decide when it is safe for him to remove it (and not taking the risk that the patient had made a decision that he/she might regret). Also, I understand that it is better for the patient to wait a little longer after the swelling goes down, but my face is adapting to something that will not stay there and I don't want this to happen.

I posted that question, but I forgot to mention about the rib rhinoplasty. :cool:

When I asked some doctors via email, I did mention the rhinoplasty and that's when they replied with concern about the nose collapsing.

Another doctor, who does rib graft rhinoplasty and used to do rib paranasals but now has switched to diced cartilage paranasals, replied via email:

honestly, i have never had to remove rib grafts from that area. maybe tricky. my best suggestion is to go back to korea to get it removed by your surgeon. he knows how and what he put in.

Hi Bisousx,
Do you not liking your PI? Are you thinking of getting it out? Please tell me more. I remeber you said you were excited about the PI before the surgery. Besides it makes your smile look different, whatelse are you not comfortable about? What do you mean by you can feel it? When you touch your philtrum/alar base area? I honestly think you look good in your post op pics, but I don't have your pre-op pics to compare wtih.....
I'm going there next week to fix my nose, should I cancel the PI.......

You're nuts.