BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor! it's BT =) I'm so glad to see your post, hope you and J are doing well. Wished I could have spent more time with you girls. The last chat we had could have gone forever!!! haha

p.s. I had to use another account name since I could no longer sign into my past user name :s so weird.

BBgurly@

Hi, the hospital stay is in a room with beds, tv and internet pc. You will have to stay here for 2 nights. There are two rooms which is shared with one other person and one other room that is private like with only one bed. But its always nice to share with someone so you can talk to them and not feel so lonely. You will be able to get up and around like 5 hours after the operation. But its just such a hassle because you have to wheel around that iv thing with you everywhere u go so i chose to stay in bed. I couldn't find onyoung so i didnt go to them and with dr jung when i got to seoul i was told he went to LA so yeh. I think Dr jung is like an ent doctor though so he specializes in deformed noses like car crashes, if your born with a deformed nose e.t.c not sure if he is really really good with shaping noses for cosmetic purposes though. From what i heard it will be pretty hard with onyoung since they dont speak english and they dont let you stay overnight after the surgery. Sorry, i can't send pics for privacy reasons, but i can say i think im still swallon.

beautiful_nose@

Hey, it was really nice talking to you that night =]
Hows your nose going? Are headaches related to the nose though becuase i havent heard of that symptom before. Why dont you try call dr lee from banobagi? Hope everything is ok.

Hi Taylor =)

Well I already emailed him but it always takes a few days for his response. So I figured I'd ask another member who also went to him.

Who knows, maybe I'm just stressed about my nose, and I just want recovery to be over with already.

So when are you girls going home? have you done anymore shopping??

You really made me consider about going for an implant using rib. But I am not good at enduring the paint and doctor's gear, especially needles, freak me out.

Could you share more details of how the rib was harvested? Like:
+ did they put you to sleep or just numbed the area?
+ How did you feel during the procedure? was it hurtful?

And when Dr Lee did you nose, did he anesthetize you?

Thanks in advance for your answer. And please keep updating how you are doing.

Hi HouseOfTaylor, can I ask how much does the total surgery cost you?
In terms of the flight tickets, surgery fees, staying in there, food cost, everything.
Cause I'm really interested to get my first nose job done there and I really want to be prepared for everything!
Hehe, thanks! :yahoo:

Whoosah @

Hi, Well i myself is really scared of needles. First thing you have to have to realise is that you will go through many needles and tolerated pain. Blood test involves needles, 2 days worth of antibiotics involves needles and the anesthesia as well. Just make sure they get the right vein because if they do, it doesnt hurt even a bit. They put you to sleep with IV drip anesthesia and honestly i did not feel him cutting through me or anything. After the surgery it was already 5 hours after the operation, i woke up and was like did we even start. Everything was such a blurr. I dont even remember how i got to my room.

But all in all, i think the pain is higher with rib than using implants but the benefits outweigh the cons.

MathMath @
Hi, i think i brought quite alot with me. I bought like 2 suitcases worth of clothes, shoes e.t.c

It probably came down to about $13 500USD, this was because i bought expensive airfares that i kept changing dates with and it cost quite a bit to change it. But I think you will be more than fine with about $11 000 if yours is primary rib case. Mine was revision, thats why.

I will also be there for surgery during the same time as you!
Shall we meet??? I intend to go consultation on 4-Aug, and do on 5-Aug.
Dr Jung is also in my consideration set!
I can speak English and a little Korean. Will be staying with my friend in Gangnam! email me at [email protected]! =)

geeezzz. How did you get over the fear? did you have any mental preparation? So you were asleep during both rip harvesting and nose job. Was the pain from rib harvesting really bad? could you move afterward?

I have to establish that i have a really bad phobia with needles like this was my first blood test that i could remember. While your going through it it feels scary and all but after all that is finished you'll be like it wasnt that bad.

The harvesting and all that stuff with the rib was not extremely painful. It's tolerateable pain, like it will only hurt when you do stupid things like purposely breathe in really really deep or get up too often. On the firt 2 nights it will hurt for like 3 seconds when you try get up from the bed but it only lasts a little then it wont hurt.

The bad part was never harvesting the rib, for me it was the whole needle faze. So if you can handle needles then you'll do fine.

Also! If you've had a kid, this surgery will be a joke for you.

Thank you so much for replying. I myself have a very bad needle-phobia too. I think not only needles but the whole hospital-atmostphere. Looking at the surgery gear only, makes me quite sick :sad:( although I handle the pain better. I've had any kid though.

And you said there were 2 days worth of antibiotics involved needles; what exactly did they do to you?

I might have to find some books about overcoming needle phobia :sad: any suggestion?

I have found something really promising for needle phobics: Dr Numb Cream at www.DrNumb.com. It eases the pain when the needle goes in. It can also be your mental assurance,like your security blanket, when you have to deal with needles. It looks like I will be going Korea next year now :biggrin: