BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I've just recently considered getting a rhinoplasty as well. I made a trip to Vietnam and checked out a doctor that my coworker went to, bc her nose looks really good, and she went to him 10 years ago. When I got there, I really freaked out bc the place was someone home, and it wasn't exactly a clinic. I speak vietnamese but he had a really hard time answering my questions... So I was too scared to do it and left. A friend of mine was actually in vietnam the same time, and she just got the surgery done 2 weeks before my arrival. Her nose looks very natural but the tip was still big and it looks like she haven't had any surgery done. When she flew back a couple days and go and I just saw her. I love the result! After the swollen has gone down, it looks SOOO MUCH BETTER. cute and small and natural looking. Exactly what I'm looking for. My nose curved downward, I'm trying to correct that problem.. and a higher bridge. But I'm not looking for anything drastic that might make me look caucasion-ish. I'm actually consider flying back to Viet nam to go to him. He's a korean doctor that fly to Viet Nam occasionally. He charges about a thousand. The vietnamese doctor I went to, that I chickened out of.. only charges 300 US dollars. 500 is actually expensive in viet nam. I was really amazed at the price... but my coworker nose has turned out well. I couldn't get the surgery done at the time bc I had to fly back to California bc of my job. I was considering doing it, then flying back home right after.. but I want to be safe and stay there atleast 3 weeks. If I have a chance, I will post picture of my friend after surgery! She look so much better, and she's in her late 30s and it made her look younger. The only part is I'm scared of being awake during surgery. I rather be put to sleep.

My question is... the majority of the oversea doctor do not put you to sleep right? My friend told me that they just numb you through the needles and you are awake the whole time. I'm really scared of that part.. Thinking of laying there awake throughout the surgery is definitely terrifying. If you have experienced that, can you please give me some insight of your experience? I'm really hoping that the doctor that she went to have the option of me paying more for putting me to sleep.. but I don't know if its available. I also heard that most of the oversea doctor, do not put you to sleep, bc its very dangerous. And if they are not skilled, you might never wake up.. is that correct? I'm really looking into this... and am thinking about doing the surgery sometime this year.. or possibly the next year. I'm still looking for the right doctor, and possibly someone that will do the surgery with putting me to sleep.. Please send me a message if you have a doctor that you personally recommend. I have a friend in Korea, so I might consider flying there as well. Thank you for your help!

Thank you for ur help in advance =)

hey... for people who's already done rhinoplasty, are u able to push up ur nose to do "piggy" noses at all? i'm one month post opt, n people around me can see i did my nose already.. there's still swelling and i look really different, just waiting for all the swelling to go away. : (

This is amazing!!! Jamasian, I think I have missed it - where did you do your surgery and what material did you use??
Many thanks!!

Houseoftaylor

Thank you soooo much for sharing your experience. Your post is very encouraging:yahoo:
I have been thinking of a rhino surgery for a while. I don't mind having a (slightly more) "dramatic" nose and am not concerned with other people commenting on it. However, am afraid of any surgical failure or any possible future revisions. It would be time-consuming and energy draining!!
Please keep us posted re your recovery and hope everything goes well with you!!!

BTW, I have three questions. Can anybody shed some light?

1. If I use rib cartilage for the whole of my nose, can I do piggy nose in the future?
2. I wear thick frame glasses (short sighted) and can I continue to wear that if I will also have my bridge done?
3. Do people change their passport photos after surgery?

I don't understand everybody's preoccupation with the 'piggy nose' pose. Is it a particulary attractive look? Do you all do it many times a day as you go about your daily lives? Is the ability to give everybody a glimpse deep inside your nostrils an important factor in the decision of whether or not to get your nose done?

No, you can't do it once you have a rib nose, but then again I think I can count the number of times I've done it in my entire lifetime on one hand - nay, one finger.

After all, you are sacrificing certain things in your quest for a more pleasing appearance; a flexible, squashy nose being one of them. Therefore, you have to decide - do you want to have a nicer face for the rest of your life, or do you want to be able to make a piggy nose for the rest of your life?

Hi,

need help on a question.

When is it safe to conduct facial after a rhinoplasty+tipolasty surgery?

Im emphasizing on the point where by they have to squeeze/drag out blackheads/clogged pimples on the nose. The pressure is intensive.

Pls advice, thanks

Those were my thoughts exactly- nicely said! You are too funny! I have never made a piggy nose, and I can't think of any reason why I would ever want to. For those of you who like making a piggy nose, why is it so important?

i used ear cartilage n i was wondering if for ppl who also used ear cartilage if their nose became really stiff after like.. a year, two years.. not trying to piss anyone off but yeah its not easy to kiss ur boyfriend if u have to worry about him hurting ur nose.

To shed some light regarding the piggy nose thing, I read that the reporters have been bugging this korean actress about her nose enhancement, so to refute their suspicion, she did a piggy nose to prove that she didn't.

I've seen similiar questions posted in doctor's Q&A too. L shape silicon definitely cannot & I don't think rib or ear cartilage can too.