BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hey girl! I work from home and don't have coworkers that I see on a daily basis. So far I've only received compliments about my nose. Some people have not been able to recognize me (like my tailor, ppl from the bank, etc.) and my next door neighbor commented that I look like a white lady lol. I expected these comments anyways, so I'm fine with it now. I feel much more confident than before and am glad I got my nose done.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kain! What exactly do you mean by swollen? Will it be incredibly scary looking? I'll be comfortable going back into work as long as it is not distracting? Will it be only obvious to just me or will my coworkers notice something odd about my nose?

How about bruises around the eyes? Will that dispersed within 10-14 days?

I read in your previous post that you had surgery done in April and had to go back to school in May? What was the time frame? 2 weeks?

Thank you so much for your help!

BTW, your transformation looks great! You are healing so well!

np. yeah, 2 weeks.

it really does depend on your comfort level though, and your rate of healing. some ppl deswell faster than others (and if you get uneven [de]swelling, its more obvious).
the swelling wasnt too obvious if someone was to glance at me. but if they looked longer then they would probably notice the the (uneven) swelling. so i guess it depends on how much time you spend face-to-face with your coworkers, and how fast you heal. and if your bridge or tip is raised by a lot, then you will look quite different and they will notice

i didnt have any bruises from the rhinoplasty, but other ppl might get those for a few weeks. if you get your nasal bones broken (osteotomy) you are a lot more likely to bruise. i have some bruising from my genio, which was gone by two weeks.

Thank you so much for being so informative! I believe people will notice the change no matter what, so as long as there is no major discomfort, then I will go back to work within 2 weeks. I actually will spend more face-to-face time with students, then my co-workers. We will see how that goes! lol.

I am assuming if I get any bruises, then make-up will cover it for the most part. *Crosses fingers*

Do you think I will get to enjoy Korea while I am there? I understand that the cast will not be removed until 1 week later... I hope to be able to go out and shop/eat for the last few days I'm there! BTW, about eating... will I be able to eat? Totally forgot about how genioplasty may affect that! Eeks.

you can go walk around as soon as you leave the recovery room a few days after the surgery. ppl wont rly take notice of you even with a nose cast.

eating was difficult after the genioplasty. had to stick to soft foods for a while. i couldnt open my mouth too wide or the stitches would start to pull. and food kept getting stuck under the stitches. i could eat solid food, but it took longer than usual to eat.

so try to sample the food you want before the surgery. you should be able to eat what you want before the last few days if you stay for a week after surgery. and if you stay for 2 weeks after the surgery, then you should have lots of time to make your way down the menu. it will probably take longer than usual to eat though.
i didnt have any pain from the genio(except when i pulled a stitch while eating), but some ppl do

That's good to know! Makes me feel a lot better; however, I wasn't nervous about genioplasty until you mentioned about not being able to eat or open mouth wide.

I will stay in Korea for a total of 14 days. I will have my surgeries done a few days later leaving only 10 days left to recover before heading back home. As long as I can start eating normally within 1-2 weeks post-op I'll be one happy camper!

Dr. Lee also mentioned that my braces will not affect genioplasty, so I hope that holds true.

Are there any other suggestions you have so that I can better be prepared for this trip?

That's good to know! Makes me feel a lot better; however, I wasn't nervous about genioplasty until you mentioned about not being able to eat or open mouth wide.

I will stay in Korea for a total of 14 days. I will have my surgeries done a few days later leaving only 10 days left to recover before heading back home. As long as I can start eating normally within 1-2 weeks post-op I'll be one happy camper!

Dr. Lee also mentioned that my braces will not affect genioplasty, so I hope that holds true.

Are there any other suggestions you have so that I can better be prepared for this trip?

First off. Rawdude and Kain, thank you for answering my enquiries. Is there any other way to get in touch with the other VIPers here on Purseforum? Are the rib stackers on Google Groups? :biggrin: I'm not sure if I like the idea of jabbing my nose into people's faces, it actually makes me kinda scared. I hope it's not going to be that sharp!

Also, Kain. You look great! Your most recent photos remind me a lot of 吳彥祖 (Google image search him). You're so handsome! :P

Dr. Lee also recommended me to have paranasal augmentation done also with my Rib Cartilage Graft Rhinoplasty. What he had said: "Since the nasolabial folds are also depressed, I would recommend paranasal augmentation along with her rhinoplasty. Then I could use rib cartilage to fill in the depressed folds which will make one look younger and give more give definition for the nose." I'm kinda on the fence about it. I'm really, really love my full, pillow lips.

I'm actually completely clueless on what the surgeon would do during a paranasal augmentation. Where do they make the incision? And would it effect my mouth (speech, eating, talking)? If anyone could fill me in about the surgical procedures, I would be most grateful. (:

i got some muscle relaxants which vip got me to buy from the pharmacy. i didnt start taking it until i left the recovery room 5 days later though, so if you start taking them earlier, maybe it will be easier for you to open your mouth. and you can ask to start taking the pills earlier if you want. it still took a long time to eat though.

btw, they usse dissolvable stitches, so you will have the stitches in your mouth for about a month until they dissolve. i thought that they were kinda annoying. and you have to get food out from under the stitches.
i have a thin white line scar where the incision was made.
and dont forget to consider the risks associated with genio, like temporary or permanent numbness or nerve pain. not trying to make you nervous or anything, but you should be informed about the risks

on the days before your surgery, try to scope out places to eat or shop for groceries before hand. and stock up on whatever you need beforehand if possible.

i cant think of anything else atm , but ill post if i do.

no, just this forum. and some ppl posted their emails

apparently the paranasals make the lips look smaller. if you've never been bothered by your 'depressed nasolabial area' before, i guess it could be a good idea to leave it as it is rather than risk a procedure that you might not like. if you do notice it though, you should consider it and weigh it against the possibles negatives.

the incision for the paranasals is made under the upper lip, above the upper teeth. then they insert the implant. idk how the implant is secured, but i cant move mine so it is pretty secure. it doesnt affect speech, eating, or talking. but it can make the lip look smaller, some ppl get a granny effect. read previous posts to find out how several ppl feel about theirs.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!! I need to speak to my orthodontist before I go because I actually have an appointment with him set 3 weeks after my surgery and there may be a possibility that I may not be able to open my mouth wide.... (?)..

Also, thank you for advising about the risks I may encounter. I remember posts in regards to numbness. I pray that I'll be fine!!

I'll definitely look for places to buy food. Perhaps yogurt (something soft and mushy) that won't cause food to go under the stitches because that does sound painful!

Please do keep me posted on what else to expect or what else I may need. Again, thank you thank you!

o ya, yogurt and soy milk is a good idea because it repopulates your intestines with friendly bacteria. after taking so many antibiotics, you should stock up on yogurt and soy to prevent stomach-aches. also, cranberry juice or tablets are a good idea cos i think 3 ppl or so reported getting UTIs from the catheter. cranberries help prevent that.
pumpkin and pineapple helps reduce swelling. ppl who have cheekbone surgery on another forum posted a lot about pumpkin porridge to reduce swelling.
here is what i copied and pasted into my notebook. i never actually ordered the porridge though. but it might be useful to someone

2. Bon-Juk porridge: If you need to eat soft food after surgery, call the number to order the famous pumpkin soup which is the best remedy for swollen face. Bonjuk means “original porridge”, and it is franchised like McDonalds, you can find it almost everywhere. (website: http://www.bonjuk.co.kr/intro.asp) They deliver the soup for free to your hotel room! How nice! While I was recovering in my hotel room post surgery, I ordered it in my hotel room. The average porridge soup is 7000 Korean Won.

Pasted from <http://forums.cozycot.com/health/30625-cheekbone-reduction-surgery-130.html>

so it looks like you can have food delivered to your room

you will probably be able to open your mouth as wide as you need by three weeks.

they also had a plug adapter at my officetel room

I am noting all this down in my notebook to make sure I have all this with me when I'm there.

Phew* Good to know that I'll be able to open my mouth as wide as I can. I don't really want to tell my orthodontist! :-/

For cranberry juice/tablets, do you recommend taking it before hand or during the time that I *may* be infected with UTI? Catheter. Need to google this word because I have no idea what that is.

Plug adapter -- k! Something to do while I'm in bed rest.. on my laptop. :smile:)

your orthodontist will probably see the scar in your mouth (under your front teeth, at the bottom of your gum).
if you use cranberry tablets, i think you should start taking them on a regular basis for about a half a week to a week before the surgery, and continue taking them until a week or more if you want

Oh, that's right. You did mention about a white scar! Will that heal over time as well?

K, I will begin taking the cranberry tablets starting tomorrow. I read in earlier posts/ or maybe VIP website to stop taking vitamins and medications.. this doesn't include cranberry tablets right, since you are suggesting for me to take it? :smile: