BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reiyuna... I think whats making your bridge stark-white and shiny looking is the type of silicone implant you have. I had that problem with my silicone implant before. IF you are contemplating about revision (although I think its still too early) and would still like to use silicone implants, try to ask for one that is beige in color. I forgot which brand it was but it does minimize the shiny look of silicone implants. I had the beige one before and a friend of mine had the usual whitish/opaque ones and my nose was less "shiny" but unfortunately it still was a bit shiny

How hard is the implant? I don't remember my former silicone implant feeling 100% natural, but it's not supposed to be rock hard like rib cartilage either. It always felt like there was something in my nose.

I would give it til at least 6 months before you do a revision. When I had my silicone implant, it took 2-3 months before my radix finally went down. Give it some more time, things may change in the next month.

Hello all. I found this blog a while ago and I've been reading this thread. I want to contribute. So here is a rough translation of a review of VIP from Naver. If you can use Naver or a korean friend to help you, I ask you to read Korean reviews because You can get so much information.

Jenstar,

I am so proud of you for sharing information on those clinics and your personal experience with JWbeauty. People need to know that this forum is not a VIP forum only so please dont be intimidated.

for everyone, please please...I can't stress this enough...DO YOUR RESEARCH and take a few days while you are in Seoul to visit these clinics or any clinics of your choice before you make your decision. There are many skilled surgeons out there and consultations are free so what do you have to lose?

@ ExpatInKorea: OMG i just make an appointment with VIP this sept, this freaking me out, i alway thought rib is the safest one but now im getting nervous, are you korean? and do you live in korea? this is my primary nj and i dont want anything go wrong with it

I am a Chinese Expatriate living in Korea right now

Wow, that's freaking me out.
Can you give me the direct link on Naver? The english translation didn't say exactly where he/she got the nose job from.

Thanks for all your advice.. Hearing about your experience makes me feel a whole lot better. Jesse00, what I mean about the 3/4 angle is I think the same as what some people call the 45 degree angle? Somewhere in between a profile and frontal view, like a diagonal view. Yeh, it looks real ugly like I have a huge blob on my face. Funnily though, it looks real good on the side and good from the front minus the shiny hard white line between my eyes.
Bisousx, how long post op are you now? Does your nose look soft and natural now? The silicone doesn't feel hard, but it does feel like there's 'something' in there. I think it's more of a mental thing though lol

pics pics pics! God, my 1/2 profile was horrible before my surgery. Better now but probably still my least favorite view. I don't think 1/2 profile is a common view unless you have a job where you are presenting something in front of a crowd. Maybe it's also a nice view for photos if you're female.

Well i went to the website Naver.com but i couldn't really read or understand Korean . I'm sure their are members in this forum who could translate some of it. As far as VIP having 10 bad cases of rhinoplasty im sure there are also 10 more bad cases for any other plastic surgery clinics like OZ ,Shimmian, Dream and the list goes on. There are risk and complications with every surgery and one must put that into consideration . Doctors sometimes make mistakes. So far from reading this forum VIP has produced good results according to some members but i'd be interested to see in 5 years what happens since rib rhino is still a new concept. i would love to hear from any other members who had this done for over 5 years to see how it's holding up. Thanks for the info it's refreshing to hear another side to VIP because of all this hype up publicity in this forum. By the way i still am considering VIP for PS / until 2014.
Maybe i'll change my mind or doctor by then who knows ?

Hi reiyuna,

I'm 1.5 months postop with rib cartilage, so yeah, it's hard but it's a distinctly different feeling from when I had silicone. When I had silicone, I always knew that I had something implanted in my nose, whereas now, I forget that I had a nose job all the time (even though it's stiff from the inside out). Does that make any sense? Nevertheless, when I had silicone, it looked super natural and no one knew I had anything done.

My silicone implant shifted after about 5 months. After the swelling from my 1st surgery went down, I was so bummed to take it out! I don't recall ever having a shiny line between my eyes, but then again, I wear makeup and powder everyday so I don't think I would've noticed any shininess.

Did you get a hold of Jamasian? She was really helpful during my recovery the first time :smile: If not, I think there are a few ppl on here who just had silicone done and hopefully they can advise too.