BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Kain,

You look super handsome after your surgery and it's one of the best results I have seen. Can you tell me whether, in all honesty, the genioplasty has lengthened your face? I am female and my chin is slightly retruded. There are only two surgeons I am considering for surgery, Dr. Lee and a US surgeon (I'm not fully asian). Joann assured me that genioplasty does not have to change the vertical length of my chin and face. I have read a lot about genioplasties and there are genioplasties done to actually shorten the chin/face, so it seemed very believable.

However, last week I had a consult with the US surgeon who is an expert on genioplasties and wrote a huge book on it. He recommends genioplasties a lot to his patients and really likes to do them. He told me that my chin is just only slightly retruded and he doesn't think it is worth me having a longer face. So basically he was saying that the reward may not be worth the risk and the genioplasty does indeed lengthen the face. He says I need minimal improvement and he doesn't think it worthwhile to go ahead with genioplasty which might make my face look too long. Dr. Lee, though, still recommends the genioplasty and I am really confused. I would like a few mm advancement but not if I will have a long face. My face is of normal proportions at the moment, not long and not short.

Can you share some insight as to whether it affected the length of your face? It would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and one other girl will b there on SEP 19 and we go to VIP, both of us contract JoAnn b4 july so she said she will keep original price without tax, but even you have to pay tax there will be some discount if you ask, but like migookinamja said 10% is not really much if you serious about PS

If you get a sliding genioplasty (cutting the bone), the doctor can cut the bone at an angle. So instead of moving it straight forward, he can move it slightly upwards/downwards depending on what you want. Also, you need at least 2mm of advancement for it to be "noticeable".

what's up roomie xD

I leave in a couple of days to Korea! I'm excited but nervous at the same time! I believe I am "mentally/physically" ready!

BTW, any make-up/drug stores like ULTA (in US) and shopping centers that y'all recommend to go that is near VIP/in Seoul? Places to eat? :smile:)) I want to enjoy it before I get my surgeries.

http://en.seoulcitybus.com/sub.php?PN=course_circulation&mainNum=2&subNum=11
if you go there and click on the locations on the right side, and go to the details button you can find info on different places to shop. i remember going to dongdaemun, myeungdong and insadong markets. you can get there by taxi for ~10usd or if you use the bus tour, you pay ~15usd for an all day pass to use the buses

you can also go to coex mall, but idk about the prices :S

whether your face is lengthened or shortened vertically or not depends on the cut the surgeon uses. my face was only advanced horizontally, not vertically
here are some different cuts. if you get a straight horizonal cut, it wouldnt make sense if your face lengthened verticallyhttp://www.vipps-clinic.com/face/content/c4_0103.php

@taeyang123: I have seen that you were interested in Dr Wang from China, but look at the pictures below, I don't believe that a good surgeon does alarplasties with huge scars like that. He has even put that picture in his before and after pictures as if it was a good job. The tip definition is nice, but the scars he does are not pretty. So, I'm not sure if I'd go to him if I were you.

Yes I can see one of my paranasals, although the doctor said it looks like swelling.

Is an overjet the same thing as an 'overbite'? If so, then yes I have a slight overbite. I thought most people have this? I don't count mm's.. if it's a seriously minor imperfection (like an overbite), I personally would not think too much about it.

Perhaps you could ask the surgeon what his thoughts are on conservatively done paranasals. I chatted with Dr. Sam Lam from Texas, who said that he uses diced cartilage for paranasal implants and has received no complaints about smiling - although he says that his results are not as impressive as rib cartilage paranasals.

FYI my medical record says my paranasal implants are 5mm.

I usually went shopping dongdaemun since they got a lot clothes for youth :biggrin: Good thing about myeungdong was that I could disscuss the price easily :graucho: If you are a big shopper, just bring the most necessary clothes. Otherwise, you might pay for over weight package at the airport after shopping. Grhhh.. And I did :tdown:

There is a Drug Store just near to VIPS, you can ask Joann.

hey thanks for ur concern. ya those scars look pretty ugly. but i dont plan on getting alarplasty anymore, since the procedure is irreversible and surgeons that i consulted with said i didnt need it. im really interested in going to him cuz my main goal from rhinoplasty is to get a really refined tip, to match my slender face. ill have to be extra careful to make sure i dont get scarring like tht. by the way how is ure healing coming along?

Thank you for the response. Did you discuss the lenght issue with Dr. Lee before surgery? Did you have a preference or did you just let him do what he thought best? I would really like to make it super clear that if my face will be lengthened, I rather forego the genioplasty.

lol nope. he quoted in the movie while he was trapped at the canyons:

"Never trust anything MADE in china" .. lol

opps :X GL

a couple of drug stores at alleys corner besides hyundai dept store, near the underpass exit. north east opposite of VIP alleys> restaurants and all. another drug store just beside VIP basement. check with them.

food and shopping as mentioned by kain... FOOD is all over VIP area. nice dumpling right opposite. nice puffer fish soup opposite officetel. explore the alleys at sinsa station opposite officetel all the way down towards hyundai dept store too.

coex mall is basement shopping, with kimchi museum n all.. foodcourt sells nice food.