BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm going to Dr Jung at the Shimmian Clinic this April for a nose job and chin implant.

I think I will stay at the Han Suites Serviced Residences (~$80/night) for 8 days.

The primary will cost 4500 USD, and the chin implant will cost 1500 USD

-bring less than 10000 USD so i don't have to declare it when i enter korea.

- passport that is at least 6 months from its expiration date.
- verification (receipt of ticket) that you will be flying somewhere else afterwards. for instance, verification that you have gotten a ticket for the flight back to canada.

buy a plug adapter for the laptop
http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=159

1 Singapore airlines $1250

2 HAN SUITES SERVICED RESIDENCES
by their airport pickup service costing ~$60
OR
SEOUL TOWER VILLE
take airport bus ~$10 to sejong hotel. pre-arrange for Mr Koh to pick up

3 bank to exchange traveler's cheques

4 Clinic, consultation

5 Back to Hotel

6 Shopping for groceries, sleep

7 Clinic, Surgery

8 Back to Hotel

Do you guys think I'm missing anything?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to google maps, Han Suites Serviced Residences is 24 minutes away from the clinic, riding one bus and walking a bit. So it sounds quite convenient. I also checked out the reviews on tripadvisor.com and it got favorable reviews

oh ygosh!!!!!!!!!! my is accomodation os expensive... i really REALLY thought it would be cheap.. like around 45-65 dollors... per night -.-

yes yes im also waiting for Izora's summary of her trip... forgot when she was going,

well Seoul Tower Ville got some pretty good reviews and it cost 45 000 Won/night, which is like 40USD/night. But since I will be spending 8 days almost exclusively indoors, I think it's worth paying extra for comfort

make sure you research the accommodation using tripadvisor.com so as to avoid going with a bad hotel. I read a review about some other hotel where there were bedbugs and the managers refused to give them a new room. They just changed the bedsheets -.-

http://www.seoultowerville.com/eng-charge.html
you can take an airport shuttle which will bring you in front of the Sejong Hotel. You should pre-arrange by email for the STV owner to pick you up from there. Total cost for transport from airport is ~$10USD
http://www.hansuites.com
They have a pickup service where a Han Suites driver will wait at the arrival hall with a name card to pick you up and bring yo to the hotel. ~$70USD
for anyone who is interested.

an objective look at goretex vs silicone
these studies helped me choose goretex
=)

long term studies of goretex
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20644229
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18645088?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_SingleItemSupl.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=3&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

long term studies of silicone with alarming results (the first study gives a removal rate of 67% over a mean period of 13 years [and a minimum of 4 years])
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19146004
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9734450

regarding goretex being a carcinogen, I could not find any definitive evidence, just a lot of speculation with no science to back it up. Their reasoning is simple, goretex is produced from PTFE, which uses PFOA to produce it. PFOA is a carcinogen. However, according to wikipedia =D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytetrafluoroethylene#PFOA
teflon ptfe cookingware did not contain significant levels of pfoa. and it would take temperatures much higher than those encountered in cooking in order to release minor amounts of pfoa. I don't think this should be a problem if the goretex is in your nose

and besides that, goretex has been used to repair heart valves and such for 30 years or so, so i'd think it is rather safe.

also more info about dr jung

Q&A

why is dr jung not a member of the korean society of aesthetic plastic surgery?

Dear User

Dr Jung is a facial plastic surgeon. We specialize in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery on the face, neck and head. He is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstruction Surgery, which is the largest professional association for facial plastic surgeons worldwide, the International Academy of Cosmetic Surgery among many more.

There are many professional bodies for aesthetic surgery. We do not routinely join all of them.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to join you guys in the pursuit of a better looking nose. I've finally decided to get mine done but am torn between places. I'll be getting mine done in late November or anytime after November and have been considering Bangkok(Thailand). Been doing a lot of research about clinics and hospitals there but I'm still kind of uneasy. I'm considering Bangkok because I've got siblings studying there and thought it'd be better getting it done there.

Is there anybody in Australia or anywhere else who's planning to go to Korea to get their noses done between this November to January? I'm nervous about going it alone and would love it if I could go along with any of you guys here?Please let me know~

Hi beechu,

I'm from Australia too and going to Seoul in mid - late November to get rhinoplasty, among other things. Let me know if you end up deciding to go to Korea during that time!

Wow the before and after pictures for that site are amazing. I browsed around the site and from what I can tell they use rib cartilage on their patients alot and are quite good with it. I am going to get rhinoplasty and have been contemplating on whether to go to a clinic in south korea- I have been emailing a clinic called Vip but I am not sure if they will give me the drastic results I am looking for. By the way I am in Canada and am not asian so going abroad will be a big thing for me. I think I am going to go to that clinic in China you suggested. The results are the same as what I am looking for. I plan to go when I save up enough for the rhinoplasty, flight and accomodation. I just emailed them about the costs, so hopefully I get a quick reply. If anyone from canada is thinking of going to, who lives in ontario I would be happy to have a partner. I do not want to travel all by myself. I am a girl by the way.

My best advice to any of you going to Seoul is too see several doctors. You would be amazed how close they are to each other. All our drivers had GPS and knew exactly wher eto go. We even did drop in and the doctors still met with us for a short consultation. They are business men after all. I was so set on BK because of all my research, I did not think there was any need to see Banobagi or VIp or Grang or Shimmian. Two of the clinics are farther out but the rest are really close to the plastic surgery district. Take two extra days for further consultations.

Hey I am new to this forum. I just emailed Dr. Ting (Tim) Wang yesterday, and I got a quick response from him a day later. I asked him how much it would be to get the following done:

Septal and ear cartilage for tip, shaving of dorsal hump, narrowing of nasal bones, and alar base reduction: $4000
and for the same procedure with rib cartilage instead of the ear and septal it is around $5000.

I recommend you guys to check out his site

http://www.wangmd.cn/
Scroll down to the bottom of the site and you'll see a ton of before and after pics
Please tell me what you guys think, and if any of yourselves or your friends have went there. I am excited and worried about getting my nose done but still have not saved up enough :sad:
I will probably get a chin implant to to balance out me new nose

If any of you guys went to him or your friends please tell me, and feel free to share before and after pics :smile:

I'll be in taipei this december. I'll be seeing dr. kao on the 22nd for a consultation and surgery for the 23rd. Let me know if you're going to be there too! I'm going alone and would love to have company ^^v

Airport pickup / discounted price hotel / shopping guide / and guide for visiting famous clinics by Lexus such as BK / ID/ JK / Dr.Cho(Bandoeye) / Dr. Jung (Shimmian), etc, will be provide by $80 per a day.

Price list is as follows,
youngdong hotel : $80 / shanggia : $43 / Stay7 : $85
Airport pickup , shopping guide and medical guide by Lexus rx330 will be provide by $80 per a day.

I will book your consultaton and help you to visit famous clinics in Seoul.
After having various consultation, you can choose suitable clinic.
In general, we can visit 4clinics a day.

Please contact me any time you want.
My e-mail : [email protected]