BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Is it just me or do her nostrils look weird?

Her face is quite frozen as well. The features all look too delicate to be "real".

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks like a woman who had an accident, had her face burnt/jaw broken etc and got restored. The result is good as it can get, but it will never as beautiful like her original natural look.
Only that she did not have an accident but made some wrong decisions.

Thanks for the info. I took a look at Dr Lee's blog, the pics are looking pretty good. And not just for the rhino.

Why did you say diced cartilage but not crushed? What's wrong using crushed cartilage? O.o

Do you have any tips for helping with the healing process? Any special diet, etc?

What did she look like originally?

We're talking about the Taiwanese girl right? I thought she looks better post-op than before. But they went overboard with what they did; they didn't need THAT much of a dramatic change, especially when the features are too sharp. Her cheeks look frozen, like a Jack Nicholson smile. Her nose looks pinched towards the tip.

She just looks so plastic. It's a simple question, if you ran into this person on the street, can you imagine that they were "born" that way? It's like her face forced to be extra feminine when it would be more natural to have a few "male"/"blunt" traits left in because that's how I'd imagine most girls to be, feminine but not perfectly so.

It just goes to show that even with the best skills, it's all still really up to the doctor's artistic ability to create a BELIEVABLE and NATURAL look.

@xKasperx : I met a girl who had a tip definition+tip projection+alarplasty at Banobagi and she said she had a piggy nose like you. It went down a lot with the swelling. Nevertheless, she thought her bridge was too curved and Dr Lee from Banobagi injected some fillings for her. Her nose looks good and not piggy anymore.

@lovely_bag : I have sort of the same nose, same facial movement (nose/mouth area) and same space between lip and nose. So, if she looks like she was reconstructed, I understand why I can't get used to my new look in this area. I want to fly back to Korea and have all the rest of the rib removed as quick as possible but I'm so scared of the other cut in the columella. All I want is my old smile back. I also did not have a car accident but made wrong decisions.

@tonyjim: I did not pay attention to the weird nostrils as the space between the nose and upper lip is (like me), I think, the main thing that is making her not that attractive.
By the way, the "frozen look" that you mentionned is what I was describing by the stiff and immobile tip and struggle in moving the upper lip while smiling and talking.

@taeyang123: Yes, iti s very creepy how her upper lip doesn't move, I think it is worse than the big fish lips. And this is how I move my lips now. So, if I send before and after pictures, people may think, "oh the nose looks better" (after my rib bridge removal though), but then, I'm a freak when I start talking (unlike before I went to Korea in June), so that's why I was saying before and after pictures do not mean much. When I saw the picture of the caucazian woman on this thread that cosmgirl posted (with browbone), I thought that it may look like an improvement, but I can't even imagine how creepy her facial expressions would be if she starts talking or smiling.

Wonderfully said!!!
The feminine/masculine-balance is the key! Thank you for this food for thought :smile:

that's the point! photos tell not even half the story, you need so see the face how it looks when it is moving.

Do the clinics provide only photos or also videos on their websites?

@prettypremed: How do you do warm compresses without getting your nose wet? Do you put a piece of plastic over it?

@angleplane: That's a relief. Thank you! I also got paranasal implants like you. I like them a lot so far. I feel like my face looks younger without those ugly marionette lines. I can't smile normally yet, but I'm only 1 day post-op. Are you still considering removing them?

I do not have natural facial expressions and I think it is due to the stiffness of the rib. So yes, I want everything made of rib removed. By having the rib grafts in my face removed, I'll hopefully have natural facial expressions.

Hi everyone,
I had a nose job nearly 3 weeks ago in Korea and I am so depressed now...My nose looked good and natural after the cast being removed and I was very happy. The doctor raised my bridge with permacol (porcine dermis) and my tip with septal+ear cartilage. However, now I suffer the same problem as angleplane. My smile looks fake as my nose doesn't move and my face looks really weird when I smile. I want to fly to Korea to remove everything and get my old nose back.

Can everyone please tell me if RHINOPLASTY IS REVERSIBLE!!!! Please help if you know anything!

I want to have everything removed as soon as possible as I cannot live with a frozen nose and face like this. Do anyone knows if it is possible to remove all the bridge material and ear/septal cartilage in the tip without making the nose collapsed. I desperately want my flexible nose back. A tip built with ear cartilage is not as hard as a rib tip but still not soft and flexible as your own nose. You can never squeeze your nose after rhinoplasty and I cannot live with a hard tip like this. I am always scared of bumping on it even when I wash my face.

Having rhinoplasty is the biggest mistake in my life but I hope that it is reversible. If your nose is not deformed or anything, please please do not touch it. I made the wrong decision and now I would pay anything to have my old nose back.

Wow, after hearing about many people and their frozen noses or unnatural movement of noses post rhinoplasty is definitely making me opt out of my revision right now. I think I should be thankful for my natural looking rhino results, although not perfect (its bulbous and my nostrils are big sniff)... Makes me appreicate it. I'll hold off and do my eyes first.

Are there any ways to make nostrils smaller? Naturally? :sad:

@winterntht: Don't worry about the ear cartilage tip. I had it in 2007 and my tip was still movable from left to right, very flexible, but I couldn't do the piggy nose, but still I could move it. An ear cartilage graft on top of the tip is very soft and flexible.

As for septal cartilage tips, I don't know how hard it can get.

As for the smile, it might be because of the open rhinoplasty (nerves may be cut when the columella is cut), or if something is obstructing your muscle from moving properly. Also, you have to ask your surgeon if he touched the septi nasi muscle (eg: if you complained about a droopy tip) because that does affect the smile significantly.

As for reversing rhinoplasty, your nose will never be the same as before as there will be some scarring.

I would like to reverse my osteotomy, but I don't think it is possible.