BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's input on this site is so informative and great for those considering the same procedures!! ^^

- Does anyone know a doctor who is good at correcting "nostril assymetry"? I notice this when I tilt my head back and especially when I flare my nostrils.

I want a rhino with maybe a 2mm or less implant and tip-refinement but I wonder if the surgery will correct nostril assymetry or if it is too minor to address... I don't want to do an alar base reduction b/c to me it looks really noticeable, especially for people with very visible nostrils.

- Does anyone know how to lift the midface region forward (ie. implants)?

I feel like it would really strengthen my profile and heard of silicone injections (I would never do liquid silicone b/c it's just like goretex - may fuse/cause deformities and would need to be cut out. I wonder if they have any solid silicone implants for this?

- Lastly I wonder if you can do liposuction for the cheeks along the jawline (forgot the name but it uses a suction tube that has a light and goes right under the skin without needing general anastesia - I saw an ad for it on youtube - it "tightens" with heat/laser while removing fat) as opposed to botox injections to "slim" a wider face.

Thanks for any suggestions and help in advance ~!! :smile:

I understand. Do you feel that the pictures on his website are an accurate depiction of his skills?

Hi,

I've already booked a Chinese translator and accommodation at the translator's place, so I probably won't be able to travel with anyone. Would love to meet up though, to support and encourage each other throughout. :smile:

Some of you have been asking if I had surgery yet. Yes, I FINALLY had my revision at VIP exactly two weeks ago. I used 100% rib cartilage for my nose. I'm extremely swollen, so I won't be showing any pictures for a while. I have thick skin, so it will take me longer to deswell.

Dr. Lee did a fantastic job considering what he had to work with. I had many problems with my nose because of my first nose job. My nose was very short, mildly contracted from the silicone, saddle shaped, and bulbous. Plus my nose skin is very thick and tight. I didn't have big expectations going into this. I just wanted a longer nose and my columella to show. My columella was retracted, so you couldn't even see it from my side profile. Dr. Lee lengthened my nose a lot. He dissected every part of my nose and lengthened it as much as he could. He could have lengthened it more, but my skin was too thick and tight to cover my nose. It is a huge improvement, and I actually have a columella now. My bridge is so high right now that it looks very unnatural. Dr. Lee said that it will take two years for me to see the final result because of my thick skin.

VIP is a wonderful clinic, and Dr. Lee is very talented and caring. All the staff took such good care of me and my husband from the moment we arrived until we left. Everyone was so friendly, and they bent over backwards to accommodate us. They let my husband stay with me in the clinic after my surgery. They even made sure that he was fed while I was in surgery. I honestly don't know how some clinics just send you home after this kind of surgery. I was given various IVs during my stay in the clinic. They are overly cautious, but they have never had even one accident. They also provide hair washing and facials daily. The majority of the patients are Korean, and it was very busy every day even though I was there during off season. While I was in the clinic, there were only two other foreigners. They don't advertise like BK, Grand, and other over rated clinics. I truly believe that there is no need for advertisement if your services are top notch. In fact, it's such a big turn off when I see companies going out of their way to attract business... it just cheapens their image.

As for the surgery itself, I had a very rough time and even a rougher recovery. Almost everyone has surgery under IV sedation, but I was given general anesthesia. I have a short neck, which indicates that I would have difficulty breathing on my own. To be safe, I was given general anesthesia. It took me a very long time to recover from the anesthesia. My chest hurt, but the nurse couldn't give me any pain killer until the anesthesia wore off. My nose didn't hurt a bit. Recovering from IV sedation takes no time, and people are able to walk around a few hours after surgery. I couldn't even sit up the following morning after my surgery. Everyone was commenting on how I was having such a hard time and was surprised that I couldn't even stand up because it's not the norm. The breathing tube during surgery really irritated my throat. I coughed for days, and it was so painful every time I coughed. Dr. Lee also had a hard time during surgery because my cartilage was unusually strong for someone my age. He had to use a drill.

I asked Dr. Lee to make the incision on my chest lower. He normally cuts on the breast crease and uses an endoscope to find the 7th rib. I have large breasts that sag, so it was more important for me to be able to wear a bra. I don't care about a scar. He was very concerned and surprised when I asked him to cut lower. He kept asking me if I was sure. My scar is not bright at all, and it will hardly be noticeable in a year or so.

Even though I had a rough recovery, I am very glad and relieved that I finally had a revision. Most importantly, I don't have silicone inside my nose anymore. The doctor said that I'm lucky because the silicone was starting to contract. I honestly believe that I chose the best doctor to perform my revision. I seriously doubt that I could have found the same level of quality and service anywhere else. I am so glad that I didn't go to Taiwan. VIP actually gets a good number of revision patients who had rib rhinoplasty in Taiwan.

I will post updates as I recover, and I will be glad to answer any questions.

hi, everyone, nice to see all the discussion continuing on here. i'm highly leaning towards dr. jung in seoul now but i am just so hesitant to commit because i'm a little scared of going through with this. it's a permanent change to something you were born with, y'know? and you just hope it'll turn out good. but you're still scared :shocked:... do you think i should be? i've tried going back to the old thread and messaging people about their experience with dr. jung but they might have left this forum after their surgeries...

anyone else highly considering going to dr. jung? in late sept. or oct.?

i am going in april 2011

@kain: thanks for the reply! so you're set on him too? have you emailed or corresponded with him yet? i am quite set on him because he is an ENT, which i actually think would be good... even for cosmetic surgery... however now i'm worried because i sent him pics and he said he thinks the changes will be "a lot" and i don't know if i'm ready for a big change... also the email didn't have too many details although i know he must be a busy doctor!

i am so impressed by his work on his website (so many pics) and admire him though and if i get surgery, i am right now really wanting him to do it... but i don't want to have drastic changes and i don't know if i should ask him for more details in email because i don't want to annoy him... :sad: ...

Wow thats pretty good! Dr Kim from BK charges 12,000USD for revision if your first time revision was with rib and if u wanna just improve your nose it still costs 12,000USD crazy eh?

can someone link me dr jung?

i have emailed him and i think one of his associates handles his email. I've also asked many questions on his q&a board and again, that is handled by his associate. they were able to give me very good responses though. i sent about 7 emails and asked maybe more than 10 questions on his board so i wouldn't be concerned about bugging them. i recommend you email them with any questions you have. but if you ask a vague question, they will only be able to give you a general response. i suggest you prepare your questions carefully.

you might want to think about what kind of change you want. by "drastic," does he mean drastically better or drastically different. i know i would have no problem looking drastically better, but drastically different might put me off.

try to imagine for yourself what you would look like after surgery and see whether it looks better, or just different. it's easier to imagine the end result after you know specificaly which operations will be performed on your know and how they are performed. for example, i will have a goretex implant, tiplasty, and possibly alarplasty and osteotomty. i did research on these procedures and saw diagrams so i think i am able to predict the end result to a reasonable degree.

from looking at the examples on his website, the results are not drastically different. they are subtle, yet look much better in some cases.

@ kain: thanks for the reassurance... i've been looking up and wanting this and then deciding against it, etc., over and over! i finally might be able to have time to do this this year and just am a little stuck in terms of finding the right doctor... i am still really wanting dr. jung to do it though... have you already booked your appointment and/or flight, etc.?

@vivi_bee: hi, girl! i remember reading a few posts by you awhile back before i disappeared due to work/ school... how are you doing after the surgery? what kinds of results are you looking to achieve with revision?

@ everyone: hope all of you are well!!!

i haven't booked anything yet but late april seems like the best time to do it because my semester ends a bit before that and I can recuperate over the summer semester while I take a light courseload.

i was also considering vip clinic but they don't have much info on their website. i couldn't see many b and a pics, pricing info, or anything.