BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Actually there is a link on the top page for English if you click on the website it does have an English Version. The results of before and after look good and promising !

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, I'm glad you're feeling better. i went thru the same thing during my first 2 weeks so i feel ya! Hope everything will get better from now on. :smile:

I appreciate her contribution and i've ever told her be4. This relaly has nothing to do with VIP in the end really. If u don't want to talk about clinics that ur choice. People have talked about the dangers of rhino and nothing is ever guaranteed. No one told these ppl to base their decision because of this forum. We're just here to discuss about nose job and out experience not tell them where to go.

oh the ability. dunt worry then. when the swellings go, u get back your smiles. the swellings are causing the stiffness and frozen feel.

my skin on the nose returns to normal and can stretch more now at 6.5months. just take time.

I'm not convinced that Dr Lee (VIP) even knows or would care to know about this forum. That's Joanne or whoever else's job to bring in customers, keep potential patients satisfied and what not.

And it is weird that he didn't want to give you wrapped and diced cartilage. When I sent in my pics, I was first sold on silicone, the rib option wasn't really empathized on. Maybe he gives different opinions based on what each patient needs.

But now after reading what angleplane and a few others have written, I'm still lost as to sort of "implant" to choose. For the nosebridge/radix area between the eyes, is rib any good? Or would diced rib/cartilage wrapped in fascia be better?

EDIT: Also, this is an excerpt of an email I had with VIP (Joann) from some time ago for just a quick online consultation. I know it's her job to "sell", but it's stuff like this that worries me:

"There weren't any complaints from foreign patients, in fact, they went back with more satisfaction than they expected."

YAYYY

I'm so happy for you!!!! =) =) =)

Photos pleaseeeeeeeeee :smile:

@Milkyway52 : What I get is that you are a VIP patient and it would have been more comfortable for you that this forum stayed the way it was before, so you would have a sort of "after sales" service of VIP, like a place where VIP patients can gather and discuss about the healing of their rhinoplasty.
That's why there's nothing wrong about creating a new thread.

@vk82: Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. If you base your opinion on this forum. You will find more positive feedbacks than negative, and the reason is because no one wants to be in bad terms with the clinic they went to, especially if this clinic is reading the forum.
When I was in Korea and at VIP, there were 50% unsatisfied patients I would say (and I count myself in the patients that were satisfied at that time, you just have to read my praising posts right after the surgery when I was still in the euphoria of this forum). On this forum, the reality is not reflected at all, as it seems that everyone was satisfied until someone popped up and suddenly there's a negative wave to this forum.

If you base your opinion on this forum, you'll see that in few weeks, it's all going to be about VIP because the previous patients will want to share about their healing, the others who went to other clinics were already deterred from posting and also the staff of the clinic they went to do not read the forum, so it's kind of pointless to post just for the fun of posting, it takes time to contribute to this forum, and posts are based on our voluntary will to share our experience. I'm sharing what I've learned from my experience because I don't mind that VIP reads my posts as I had no plan in going there for any sort of revision even if it was offered to me for free.

So, there must have been complaints of Korean patients. Those unsatisfied who went to one of the doctors jenstar11 mentioned were Korean I think. From the pictures, the doctor showed me, I had the impressions that they were locals, otherwise I think the doctor would have told me that they flew back to Korea to go to him or that they were foreigners like me.

Also, foreigners cannot really complain as they have to be nice to Joann, so "she'll do something for you" asking Dr Lee to fix the problem. I think she counts those who go back for a correction as satisfied patients, as if it was a little "touch up" where in fact, a rhinoplasty should not need revisions, and she just skips all the foreign unsatisfied patients, because up until now, on the forum, those who expressed their dissatisfaction, did it in a very subtle way, as they still need to be in good terms with the clinic, and those who are very unsatisfied and not forumers they would just go to another clinic and she would never know they were not satisfied. If I didn't do the liposuction at VIP I would have never told Joann that I was unsatisfied, only on the forum, but no one expects that when you write on the forum, it is like directly talking to the clinic. I went back there to have a high frequency treatment (generally done one month post op liposuction). Initially, I wasn't even going to go there for this treatment, but by pure chance, I met the receptionist of VIP in the escalator of Sinsa station (she was going up, I was going down) and as a reflex, I said "I'll come to VIP"(maybe Rawdude knows about that anecdote, as he seems to know about these kind of stuffs).
Also, when Dr Lee corrected the bridge of the unsatisfied patient -the one operated the say before me-, he just shaved it down a little bit whereas the patient wanted the paranasal implants removed too. As for the bridge I'm not sure how much he wanted it shaved, but he's going to fly back to Korea to correct it too, so maybe he wanted it more shaved or entirely removed. I would not want to be dependent on a clinic salesperson's will when it comes to the nose you want, when you know you have to wait 6 months every time you touch the nose (to lessen the risks).

@tonyjim : By the way, the assistant of another clinic said to me "You don't know Dr Lee's wife (VIP) ?" and I said "No, why ?" He answered : "Because she works at VIP clinic with him and she speaks very well English. " That's all, he did not know her name.
But as Joann is the only person speaking English in VIP clinic (apart from very young interns that change), it could only be her, but I may be wrong.
If this is the case, I can conclude that when Joann knows something, she must tell her husband (maybe, like being less pushy in recommending rib right away now that it was mentioned on the forum that rib is too extreme and mainly for those who have no ear or septal cartilage left; whereas they would have sold it hard before).
By the way, on the surface Joann loves all customers, she even called me "honey" in the eyes after my long post and after the email in which she said she'd never forget me because I ruined her reputation (while all I did was sharing in details everything that happened to me).

If what you say is true that Joann is indeed the wife, it makes perfect sense why she is such a powerful person at VIP. It's strange to see VIP proposing silicone now when they are known to advocate autologous. Why the recent change? It's obvious they are reading the forum and have seen a wave of dissatisfied patients after rib.

@rawdude: out of curiousity, when I first followed this forum which was back in feb/march, you said you only had augmentation of the bridge using rib and that dr lee did not propose paranasals for you. However, someone recently asked you if you were happy with your result, you said you love yout paranasals. Why the inconsistent info? I might be wrong but I remember you said you didn't get paranasals.