BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

fyi - this was in response to curious's last post lol

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ flychick : yeah, people here are super friendly and supportive. i just wish i could feel 100% about something and go through with it because i feel like i have some time right now... and re: cost: i think with airfare and hotels added in, it might be around the same as having it done in north america... i think the reason i wanna go is because they're familiar with asian noses and they must have done so many cases... however, i know what you mean, it would be so much easier to have it done at home if there were someone to do it and have that support right by where you live instead of an ocean away... have you consulted with any doctors in your area? i heard doctors in nyc are quite expensive... here in canada, it's about $5500-$7000+ for a rhinoplasty, is it much more there because a lot of the renowned docs are there? and haha about the "more procedures" :roflmfao: ! hmm, one good thing is, they seem to give more multiple surgery discounts there than they do here but i'm sure you don't need them :smile:! anyways, really glad you're here and can't wait to talk more... i hope everyone gets what they're looking for :smile:!

@ julabula8d_aim : welcome too :smile:! i was super impressed by dr. jung's work as shown on his page too! sooo many pictures! just kinda hard to look through them all... he definitely looks very experienced! seems very busy though :sad:... what kinds of procedures are you looking to do? are you looking to get any implants?

Is this primary or revision?

The thing is that 8K might not be that much once you think about it. You can ask for accomodation at the officetel which is a really nice place.

Im not sure about Dr Kim's work but i'd say dr lee is worth it. Depending on what sort of nose you are after. I hear alot of girls opt for cheaper surgeries but end up getting a bad result then have to spend even more on the second so it sort of adds up.

Thanks for sharing this. I was skeptical too after reading many reviews on how he has used YouTube to promote his image. I have also read many disastrous cases and how the patients who do come out with good results are those who he uses specifically for practise and show off with perfection. He is also overpriced, and seems to have found many sites on the internet to write reviews about himself having the skills and eye of an artist :shocked:

I do wish you all the best of luck as this is obviously not what you had intentionally bargained for.

Which Dr. Lee is this and where is he based?

Houseoftaylor,

Yours is a revision as well right??
Is there any other charges that I need to pay?

WHat kind of xrays do I need to take?
Is it your full body or your skull or just the nose If I am doing mine?

They use credit cards?

Is it convenient to move around the city just by walking?

I am bringing my 2 kids over with me, I know it is crazy but there is no one to look after them. I am asking my friend to help me out, is the accomodation provided enough for 2 adults and 2 children?

I think the lowest I read was 8K.

Is there someone that is quoted lesser??

I think the only 2 person I read was HouseofTaylor and Izora...

Dr Jung's prices

Updated 27th August 2010
Primary (1st) rhinoplasty USD $4500
Revision rhinoplasty $5500
Rhinoplasty Contracted nose $8000
Rhinoplasty Reconstruction surgery $11000
Rhinoplasty paraffin and filler removal $8000
Cleft lip deformity $8000

Additional expenses
Self rib + $3000
Donated rib +$1500

so 5500 for a revision using goretex, or 8500 for revision and rib harvesting. or 7000 for revision using donated rib

Has anyone had rhinoplasty done (or know anyone who has) by Dr. David E. Kim of Beverly Hills?

This is my first post, but I've been following the discussion thread for a while now. Today, I just had my consultation with Dr. Kim, although overall I'm quiet pleased, but I do have 2 major concerns.

1. Any thoughts on open vs. close procedures? Dr. Kim suggested open procedure, since I want to build a nose bridget (mine is almost flat), bring in my flair nostrils, and uplift the nose tip.

2. Dr. Kim mentioned that there is always the risk of the silicon implant becoming a bit wobbly. That sounds very scary to me. I have met doctors who promised me that would never happen with their implants, so I don't know if Dr. Kim is being overly cautious against a possible unhappy patient, or if the other doctors are over-promising.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I've never had surgery with Dr David Kim, but I had a consult with him a few weeks ago for rhinoplasty. He wanted to shave down a hump I have on my bridge and put in an implant. When I told him that I wasn't bothered by my small hump and only wanted to bring up and project my tip, he said it couldn't be done with my cartilage and quickly ended the consult...

Most of the doctors that I've spoken with in Los Angeles like to go with the open approach because the say it gives them a better view when they're doing tip work.

I'm not sure why Dr Kim said the implant might become wobbly, because other surgeons who also wanted to give me an implant said they would suture the implant to my nose so it wouldn't move.

If you're also looking for a surgeon in LA like me, then let me know if you'd like to share notes...

Im not sure where you read it but i paid 9.5K

Regarding accomodation i think it would fit 2 adults and a child at most. You don't pay other costs. They take x-rays of your chest and blood test and this other thing i forgot, but it shows safety is a priority which is important unlike other clinics that just inject you with any anesthesia.

When are you planning to go? How old are your kids?

I am planning very hard. I need someone there with me because of my 4 and 2 year olds. I hope one of my friend can folllow me there. She has not confirmed yet. There is this another girl whom is interested to go for a revision as well. But I think she might not want to help and look after my boys when I am doing the surgery itself.
This is getting me a big headache man.

How long is your surgery?
The scar under your breast, is it obvious now? Is it very painful
after surgery?

I definitely want to stick with surgeons in the LA area (may consider SF too). Going abroad poses two concerns for me:
1. With only limited amount of holidays, I feel rushed having to find a doctor, do the procedure, and have enough time to recover all within two weeks.
2. I worried about needing follow-up visits.

So far, I've had 3 consultations: Dr. Yu in Temple City, Dr. David E. Kim, and Dr. Grigoryants in Glendale. I'm definitely leaning more toward Dr. Kim. He was the only one who really spent time explaining how he would do the procedure, and showed me roughly how my nose would look (took pictures of me, and sketched an outline of my future nose).

Dr. Kim noticed my bump too, and he also said he would need to shave it down in order to put in the bridge. But I think that makes sense though, if the bump is still there, it seems it would be difficult for the bridge to fit over the bump.

I'm looking to have the rhinoplasty done early next year. But I still want to visit a couple more doctors before making my decision. However, I still need to research to see who else in LA is good with Asian noses. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry I can't suggest a surgeon for you in LA because I still haven't found one that I like and I've been searching for the past year.

I didn't want my hump shaved down because I don't want an implant put in; my bridge is fairly high already. I just want my tip raised and a small part of my dorsum filled in with cartilage to even out my bridge.

Besides our aesthetic difference, my main concern with Dr. Kim is his experience with Asian Rhinoplasty. His clientele seems to be mainly Beverly Hills' housewives, and caucasian rhinoplasty is very different from asian. But you're right in that he was detailed in explaining how he does tip work and I did like that. How much did he quote you on the price?

I've also consulted with Dr Charles Lee, Harrison Lee and a few others. I have positive things to say about each, but doubts about each as well.

How did you like Dr Art Yu? I tried to checkout his website but couldn't find much info, and it was all in chinese.