BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hey guy for those of you that had their rib done, how long before you could exercise... I really want to get rib graft but I also want to dance very soon after. How long before you could push yourself to do like sit ups and push ups etc?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, for all of you who have had nose job before, how long did you all wait before you are are able to put on make up on your nose? Cuz wouldn't putting make up around the area where they cut it make you have infection? thanks.

same here :smile:

refer to bOLD! :P

downtime is really subjective to personal health. on the average should be;

post op;
1)drag yourself within 24 hours
2)walk slowly within couple of days
3)do light shopping within 1 week-12days
4)normal life as usual ; driving walk, light jogging within 2 -3 weeks.
5) light weight training ( avoid chest/ head involvements) in a month-5 weeks

blaqh blah i would say; in order to perform at least 90% of your usual sports/activity - u need about 5-6 months.

im on 6mths+ and only manage to perform 95% of my gym training.

dancing involves vigorous body movements--- << not something i want to within the first 6-8months.

well.. avoid breakdancing or u know.. passionate salsas.. but dirty or pole dancing is ok. even with casts on. ;p jk

i have been finding out how to judge thickness of skin. anyone knows?

can we judge by the thickness of our ALAR ?

JoAnn just replied me today and gave me the quotes. She seems really knowledgeable and nice. Thanks. =)

i don't know if this helps http://www.realself.com/question/thick-nasal-skin
But it did say that thick skin is usually found in most males and thick skin tends to be oily with large pores. However i think it's best for your doctor to make that assessment whether you have thick skin or not. i myself still am not sure whether i have thick skin. but i do know i have large pores and oily skin. Another method they explained to determined it is pinch the skin of the nasal tip. if it moves easily, then it is probably thin skin. Thick skin is not very easily slid over the underlying nasal cartilage

I wore makeup after they took the cast off. About one week post op.

I've never been told to abstain from makeup for longer than one week, for both closed and open procedures.

i don't know but i'd be kind of worry putting on makeup until your scars fully heal. Because i have read that makeup does contain and harbor bacteria through cross contamination. Especially after surgery you don't want to get any more infection. However their are members in here who wore makeup after a week. just to be on the safe side i wouldn't put on makeup until your nose heals

If there is an open wound then yeah don't wear makeup :cool:

They took out all my stitches within 2 weeks.

Actually let me rephrase this . if you used old makeup it does contain bacteria. but i suggest you buy new makeup kit so it does not contain bacteria so if you still want to used and wear makeup i think it is okay.

Thanks Bisousx that's what i meant to say open wound instead of scarr

I agree.

I can dance now; when you are nearing the 2 month mark (according to the post op instruction sheet they give you at VIP) you should be able to start with heavy exercise. By then, your rib shouldn't be so sore anymore, and you can start dancing.

At 1 month post op, my rib was sore after I tried to jog, but it was fine when I danced. Just see how you feel by then, and be careful not to overexert yourself.

pinch the skin on your nose and estimate the amount you have bundled up (width) then divide that by two since you are pinching two layers of skin. i think its different for the tip and bridge