BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

i think you would be refering to destiny1682 but i don't think she's comfortable sharing her pics right now < at least until she gets another revision. That Japanese lady got her head implanted with cement is what i read or heard. or no i think they open her scalp open. not to sure though /

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a member named Verity [not sure if this is the full nickname] if you go back to the beginning of this thread. You can also use the Advanced Search option to look up their names and PM once you have the ability to do so (a few days after joining or a certain amount of posts)

hey thannks for reposting my post. i too am waiting to see if anyone can hopefully translate it from chinese to english.

lol hopefully this will catch someones interest :smile:

sorry I meant it shouldn't be a cause of shifting :P

during my consultations, i asked one of the doctors about septi nasi and he said that when you perform an open rhinoplasty, you cannot avoid cutting the septi nasi. he also said that within a couple months the muscle will reattach unless there is something hard, LIKE RIB, blocking the way.

but don't panic!!! my guess is that dr. lee builds noses differently for each individual since a lot of the forumers report that they got their smiles back 100%. which means, there was no rib piece preventing the septi nasi muscle from reattching :smile:

my septi nasi was also transposed and sewed, and i didn't use rib. my grandma smile was really bad for the first week and a half but now it's about 98% back to normal. but it does take a lot more effort to smile like before. and i think within this week i'll have my smile back. maybe transposing and sewing of the septi nasi is a dr. lee technique thing...

so... i thought that once i regained my smile, my nose wouldn't look so out of place on my face but i realized that for me, it's not so much that the shape of my mouth that makes my smile weird but like angleplane mentioned, MY NOSE DOES NOT MOVE when i smile. that's what's making my smile look really strange. i was comparing before and after photos of myself smiling and when i look at my smile (my mouth shape) alone it looks pretty similar but when i look at my overall face, something just doesn't seem right in the "after" picture.

i'm so SO SO SO worried that i'm going to be stuck with a frozen nose forever. because my nose (nose skin?) doesn't move when i smile, it looks really unnatural, i keep imagining that i'm mr. potato head and dr. lee just got a plastic nose and stuck it on my face :sad:

do you think my nose doesn't move because the septi nasi was cut??
and since it's been transposed... maybe it won't ever be able to function like it did before?? :sad:

the receptionists at JW don't speak english too well but the main rhino doctor's english is excellent so you won't need a translator. I think April 31 will arrange for a translator if you let them know in advance. I'm not sure about other places. I think most doctors in korea speak english to some degree... since their education require it.

JW is a great clinic :smile:
I really like the doctor in charge of rhinoplasty there as well. He's really down to earth and mostly importantly, he actually LISTENS to what you want (a quality that's lacking in the other plastic surgeons i consulted with). If my face doesn't go back to normal within the next few months, I think I'm going to go to JW to repair my septi nasi and to get rid of whatever is giving me this frozen nose look. but i'm only 2 weeks post op so hopefully things will heal and I'll look more normal soon...

why? are you thinking about getting your rib implants removed??

btw, when i was visiting different plastic surgery clinics in korea, one of the managers asked me which other clinics i plan on consulting with so i showed her my list. two of the clinics on my list, she approved and said that they were very good. two others she advised me against. vip was one of the clinics she told me not to go to... she said that she has former vip patients coming to her clinic for revisions.

Now she didn't say whether there were 1, or 10, or 100 unhappy vip-ers
and it could also be that patients from her clinic goes to vip for revisions...

i don't know the whole story but i thought i'd pass on what i heard to you guys :smile:

i think a lot of people are interested, myself included :smile:
soft rib actually sounds like a perfect implant material!

Jesse, thanks so much for keeping us updated. I always thought i wanted a frozen nose, lol. I dont want my nostrils to flare out when i smile :sad: maybe i should think it over?

To anyone: is it awkward walking around in korea after having work done? Im going alone and im sooooo self conscious. I dont want everyone staring and glaring. :sad: also, i might stay at a hostel after 3-5 days at a hotel... Do you think the foreigners at the hostels will freak out?