BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey - on the fascia/ear cartilage for tip thing. I have that for my tip and my tip feels pretty soft. I'm glad I had agreed to do that. Even though my tip is still swollen considering I'm only 3-4 months post op. People that have touched my nose said that it feels normal and not hard.

I can feel tiny bumps here and there but nothing too major, so I hope that it doesn't turn into anything serious. I don't know how yours developed but I'm super curious!

Congrats on the new addition to the family and I hope you will start to feel better, girl.

hello! :biggrin:
wow ur really pretty now...great transformation!
i'm new here and i dont know much how to work around here...lol
i've been really thinking of getting my nose and maybe forehead done,
but im still kinda hesitant,
i'm scared of the complications that may arise later on!
and i dont want to have to go back for revisions everytime...especially if i get infections or if the nose moved to an awkward angle or something

hopefully when i get my nose done, that would be my first and last plastic surgery..if that's even possible??
coz i always read horror stories of people having to go for revisions 2-3 times!! and i dont want to go through that...

so my question is, what kind of nose job did u do??
from reading some of the posts here,
it seems there are silicons, fat grafts (?), rib, gerotex (?) or sth like that..lol

which one is the best for long term?? (the one that doesnt require revisions, and is VERYY low in infections)

oh and before i end this, let me just describe my nose! hehe
i have flat bridge, and kinda bulbous tip....
so basically i just want a higher bridge (i want a natural look tho)
and a pointed but rounded tip? :biggrin:

so i soooo confuse on what type i should get????
pleaseeeee help?
any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!
thankkssssss!!!!

@vk82 : Of course, I am not saying others' experiences are not true, especially if they share their own. I think people should write about their experiences (not just discredit others without sharing anything), that's the main reason for which I come on this forum, and to express my gratitude, I do the same. I only had the feeling that this forum has been directed, that trends were set by some (eg: "we all know who's the devil here" and then he says he's going to see Joann, but doesn't even share if it's for a revision, is he just a friend of that clinic which would explain his biased and passionate posts, which sounded like advertisements ?). So, I just wonder why he's flying to Korea. If it was for surgery, he would have said something. Also, it is ganging up and saying "thanks guys for meeting up" (not exact wording but something similar), as if most members of the forum were on his side or to use his wording : putting them in his "team". This is what I call the "gossip" attitude that is not useful for the Asian nose job thread (but on the other hand, it's called the Purse forum, so, little gossiping is to be expected, I guess...)
Anyway, the aim of my post was initially to explain the liposuction thing, as there was a debate between jenstar11 and Kain:

I went to Banobagi and PetitNoble clinic and ask for liposuction prices and risks.
I came in the clinic and I said I was considering a liposuction and I showed the locations : "arms, inner tights, outer tights, lower legs", each part USD1500.
I discussed about it with Joann and a lady from the reception. Joann did not propose to me to do the lower legs liposuction, I chose the areas, but the lady from the reception (maybe who they call the "general manager" as she was older, said I needed a boob job, even though they said my upper body was really good. I don't think I needed it (but I always was curious about the fat injection in boobs but apparently it is not recommended as cancer cannot be detected in a mammography if you have fat grafts in your boobs). I have the same upper body (from clavicle, nipples to belly button) as the picture below. I posted this picture, so you can appreciate whether it was justified that a boob job was offered to me (knowing that it is the most difficult surgery to recover, so if you make a last minute decision that wasn't initially your own, you might not be prepared enough for the recovery and especially if there's a trade off -eg: hard boobs + scars- and if your boobs already looked good initially). -I also think that they offered dramatic rhinoplasty changes to people who just wanted a small enhancement-. Nevertheless, it is true that if you send pics of celebrities that do not look like you, most doctors will automatically be left with the impression that you want a big change, even if you only wanted an enhancement.
What I mean is that plastic surgery is very important and the choice should come from the patient and saying "she NEEDS this... or that" is not ethical at all.

So, to go back to my first consultation with Joann concerning the liposuction, this 1st time was without the lady from the reception:
Joann said : "but you had too many surgeries"
Me:" I know but I feel like healthy enough to do it."
Joann : "But you have lost a lot of blood during the mandibular surgery"
Me: "...silent..." (I was thinking)
Joann: Let me look at your eyes. (She looked at the small veins under my iris, the sclera was really white and I almost had no red vein at all, except one, but it's normal).
Me: "Yeah, my eyes are super white, I noticed"
Joann: "Yes, seems ok."
Joann: "But, what if you don't wake up ?" "What will you do?"
Me: (silent, I was surprised that the question was even asked because if there was the slight risk, why would we even consider doing it ?) : "Anyway, we'll do the blood test and if it says I cannot do it, then, I do not want to do it."

So, I did a blood test the next day and it was all fine and I paid USD5700 in cash (bank fees deduction of USD300).
The evening, I slept at the clinic, I met Dr Lee at the elevator and I bowed and said hello. I said "I'm sleeping here because of the surgery tomorrow morning." He answered "You have a surgery tomorrow ?" I didn't really mind as it was a last minute planned surgery. He probably called Joann after meeting me, but I don't see anything wrong with that, but that's just me.

Concerning my nose, it is really stiff in the septal cartilage side walls because of rib grafts. When I take a picture of my nose from the bottom, there's like a ball covered by my skin on the left wall of my septal cartilage (like a pimple that is 3mm high and that doesn't hurt). I don't know if this rib cartilage works as "spreader graft" but there's a big ball on only one side (when we look at a nostril, it's supposed to be black, because empty, in my left nostril, we can see my skin as there is this ball). But anyway, I don't worry too much as next week, I'll fly to Korea (exhausting but necessary) to have all rib grafts removed and hopefully, I will be able to talk to people without feeling depressed that I cannot share with them the focus of my attention : this hard piece of rib in my nose, preventing me from making cute faces without feeling it pushing my muscles.

I just found this (beware sensitive persons, it's a rhinoplasty video -the actual surgery-), I don't know what the clinic is worth, but apparently, those who just need a tip plasty can do so without a transcolumella scar. I guess it is just a closed rhinoplasty, but I was surprised as my two previous closed rhinoplasties were done using only one nostril to access the cartilage and both surgeons said closed rhinoplasty is kind of a "blind surgery" unlike open rhinoplasty. In this video, they take the entire nose cartilage out to work on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE7QKviDeM&NR=1

Jesse!! Any photos you'd like to share w/ me?? ^__^*

@rawdude im alittle confused by your statement. if anything their have been more dialogue and exchanged of information then before. When i first joined the forum i would go through hundreds and hundreds of page just to extract maybe a couple of valuable information because most of it was alot of nonsense chit chat about meeting up or what's your favorite food etc. and which is really irrelevant to the this forum (and i don't have a problem with chit chat ). But the goal of this forum is to share our experienced and information whether it be positive or negative/

i tried to remain neutral on all sides of the issue . But sometimes i agree with @angleplane like she said if you want to contribute then share your experienced on the forum instead of just meeting up with a innercircle of friends . Now im not saying you should shared your whole detail experienced like angleplane but maybe just give us some valuable information.i normally never asked people about their surgery because i don't feel like pressuring people to share their experienced because some people are uncomfortable/ and that's okay with me. I'm just thankful their are people like angleplane and Heidi and not to forget Kain for sharing and contributing valuable info. If anything this forum has moved on for the better.

Okay i forgot to include other helpful forummers like Jesse00 and JFranc
migook and Bisousx. And to any other forummers who contributed valuable information i would liked to say thanked you !

@vk you're most welcome :smile: I hope that my experiences (w both silicone and rib) were helpful to the readers. I don't regret either surgeries one bit, as I believe the quality of my life has improved from looking prettier. I am more confident in my business and personal life. My nose is as stiff as bone, but aesthetically, it suits my face perfectly and the bridge looks even more natural than when I had silicone in. I definitely can understand why others wouldn't want a stiff nose. When I wrinkle my nose, it kinda hurts. So But I live my life in daily discomfort for the sake of beauty (high heels, waxes, lasers, form fitting clothes, hair bleach, etc) so it works for me.

hi friend, i had shared all i can if u had read thru the entire thread, even maps n guides. i even email ppl who pm me pics n a comprehensive run down. im sorry i sounded kinda given up here as i think there are ppl here who d twisted facts and i think it had defeated my purpose here. whatever i had given n said was out of gd will and i think its not necessary anymore. how ever if u are genuine and need advices on rib u can always pm me.
anyhow i just wanted to move on. but once in awhile i poped in n read things ppl posted which is not quite concrete or true abt any doc or clinics i feel unjustified for them. but i dont wanna get into unnecessary disputes with anyone here- pointless. i dunt gain anything out of it for being helpful anyway.but i find myself wasting time countering others rebuttals and causing more doubts of whether im genuine or not. lol its a joke to me. i am buisnessman with multiple assets to watch over and really really bz. no time for all those. but im willing to advise those who are genuine.

anyhow- i think for RIB nose surgeries, if anyone who had read this thread thoroughly will not need anymore advises. ALL IS HERE. and being said repetitively. just concentrate on what KAIN, HHER,izora,uzura,beefsoup,meegoreng,bbgurly and myself had reviewed and said. quite comprehensive and enough.

ok byebye GL all

great, :smile:

lol y not go be a writer? i think u have great potentials! really! beat steven spielberg handsdown!

@rawdude : It is very easy to say that it all comes from my imagination, but how are you even supposed to know what happened since you are just a previous patient who wasn't even in Korea at the time of my consultation? Also, you surely have an interest in defending VIP as you try to discredit me without sound arguments.

and also your last post answering to vk82 : sharing maps and guides, that's what clinics do that doesn't mean you're genuine, also, these are stuff easy to find, but your own experience in details (not the just "I'm satisfied" post), is what interests the forumers I believe. PMing does not preclude the fact that you're a paid patient (a previous patient from VIP was paid to become a model for them at the VIP branch in Malaysia).
Also, if anything I have said was not true (or "not concrete" using your terms), there would have been tons of people proving me wrong with real facts. It's easy to doubt the fact that vk82 by saying "if you are genuine you can PM me". It shows your bad faith.
Disputes are pointless, but that was the only aim of your last posts. Did you bring anything useful or interesting recently that would help those in search of a rhinoplasty clinic ? except passionately defending VIP or rib ? (knowing that many girls have been traumatized by rib). How can you passionately encourage people to go for something they might not feel comfortable with or that may even ruin their life until they can be re-operated to remove everything (each operation means needles, no one wants to go under the knife more than once) ? You say you're afraid your sister might not do the rib nose job because of my experience, but if you really cared about her, you wouldn't force her into something if she's not ready for.
Anyway, I don't even know if your sister thing is for real.
But in general, people attribute to others their own weaknesses. Maybe you were the "devil" directing the forum, maybe you are the "Steven Spielberg", re-inventing VIP as if it was a dream seller.