BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Too be honest... im a WEAK person.. i was born with asthma, i have weak ribs from my childhood..growing up i was not allowed to run or exhaust myself cuz i would cough out blood.. i really was a sick skinny weak child. I also heard asthma is uncurable. So having rib surgery.. it really worried my parents but im a adult and i assured them if the Health Test comes out that im not healthy enough, the doctor would not allow me to go through with it. BUT PLS dont go doing it thinking it's a peice of cake! I read many ppl who went to korea and did rib found it not as rainbows and butterflies as me. I want to remind you, i heard korean doctors stick something in you to find that certain rib so that could be the cause of the pain (i dont know) in taiwan the scar will be a bit lower. (right under your bra line -.-) If u do not request anyhting, they will cut right there. Perhaps thats why mine was pain free? Im not sure... again.. the most PAINFUL part is the preparing for that needle that will be stuck in your hand for 2 days (the IV-drip needle prep) also each time they put antibiotics really scared me... oh and also when they give u GA, it will sting for 10 seconds. LOL oh yeah for some reason.. i thought that gas mask thingy puts u to sleep.. but it doesnt lol =_= its the injection that puts u too sleep.. the 10 seconds u can feel GA going into your blood stream kinda hurts =_=

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi izora,

i'm new in this forum and in fact i joined purse specifically to speak to you. well, you see, i've been searching for a good place and surgeon to reconstruct my nose that was ruined by some "self-claimed surgeon" in thai. i've been saving hard for the last 2 years to hv this surgery and i recently came across your post in sgexpat forum. That was how i got to purse. i'm really thrilled to see that so many ppl here are excited to have their surgery at VIP, i believe that it must be a trust-worthy and reputable clinic. However due to my bad experience previously, (my nose is now slanted, big n simply out of shape) i really want to make sure VIP is the right place for my to have my correction. I suppose perhaps you may not be comfortable with posting your pics yet, but i really need your help here... i badly need a new nose and i need the assurance that VIP will be the last plastic surgeon that i'll visit. i'm sure you can empathise with the anxiety that we all have prior to face surgery and you are the only one whom i kinda "know" and who will be able to help me with this. i'll appreciate very much if you could send a couple of pic of your nose, preferably before and after. i'll feel a lot better with the reassurance of your pictures. if you do not want to post it here, perhaps you may want to email to my personal mail box or PM me? i'm not sure which will work out, but i'll check this forum regularly. hope to hear from you soon! :smile:

Hello Megoreng,

I completely understand your anxiety and hesitation. Would you mind giving me your email address? You can always delete it later. You can't send or receive private messages on this board yet.

During the two weeks that I was in Seoul, there was someone getting rib cartilage rhinoplasty at VIP everyday. When I went in for my daily follow up and nose cleaning, I saw new patients. Out of all the patients, I was the only one who had a very hard time. This is what the nurses told me and what I also gathered by seeing how other patients were walking around just fine. I'm not sure about other clinics, but it's very rare for people to have a rough recovery at VIP.

It's supposed to hurt less when an endoscope is used to find and remove the 7th rib. It's harder on the doctor, surgery takes longer, and the scar is not visible. However, I asked Dr. Lee not to use it and to just cut me where the rib is. He cut me just a few inches below my breast and still used an endoscope. Perhaps this might be the reason why I had such a hard time, but it's what I requested.

As for the IV, I have really small veins, so I was very scared because I always get so bruised after I get blood drawn. My bruise is always so big and discolored that it looks like I'm a drug user...lol... The nurse used an IV catheter on me, so I was only poked once. The catheter was in me for about 5 days because the small pain killer IV bottle is still attached when you get discharged. It really helped to have the catheter because you receive various IV fluids while you're in the clinic and you also receive an antibiotic injection when you go in for your daily nose cleaning. The catheter didn't even hurt, and I didn't even have one small bruise after it was removed. The nurses were very careful and meticulous. Maybe it didn't hurt because it was inserted in the lower part of my arm above the wrist where the skin is thick (palm facing down). Of course you don't have to get a catheter, but it makes your life so much easier.

Yes i think i got it! Because I did my online consultation with Dr Lee a couple of months back so she has already prepared one for me.

in Dec!!! thats great!!! I am sure you have made the right choice!

IZORA!

So it is actually lesser pain if Dr is to cut higher and use a endoscope?
If that is so, i will go accordingly to it!!

Btw, how is your scar healing? is it very visible?

hi Izora

so glad to see your reply! :biggrin:
my email add is [email protected].
thanks in advance! =)

Hi Vivibee,
Oh thank you so much for replying!! i am so glad to hear i am not the only one. i googled and found that there were some other similar "lump" cases. yes!! it is freaky. but guess what? dont get grossed out but i was cleaning with q tip the other day and some of that white lump came out and moved, so i really think its hard mucous that was stuck! i am at 7 weeks so i hope to be a lot more normal at 4 months, like you. i cant fully smile yet, only part of my top row of teeth are showing. nose still feels tight. did you have your surgery at bk? do you love your new nose? so at 7 weeks, do you think i will see much more of a difference in the next couple months? my tip is still very hard, doesnt move around. dr kim did a tip plasty for me, using septal cartilage. this thread is great- has the most info about PS, and in particular PS in Seoul.

We must have made the right choice. I confirmed with JoAnn and she gave me two weeks' accommodation as well! I have gone through four nose jobs and this is the very first time I have 100 percent confidence and faith in a doctor. I will let u know if I can change the date a bit earlier. So we can keep each other accompany:smile:

Hi Izora, I just want to say thank u to u.You r such a beautiful soul. You have been so helpful from the minute I communicated with u. Now I have made my decision to go to Dr Lee at VIP. I can not go this far without ur support girl. Thank u so much. I really really appreciated your help. Would so love to say your before and after photo as well. Lol

Yes that will be great!!!

I am so happy for you too!!!

I cannot agree more.

IZORA, I must say you are the one that gave us immerse confidence as well. You have unselfishly share your feedbacks and researches. I am so glad to have found you in purse forum too!!!!

for me, this will be my first revision!
Had it done when i was still young, like 17? I didn't have the money, nor courage to do a revision and lived with my unsatisfactory nose for more than a decade!! I tell myself, this is it!!

DO it now or live with it forever!!!!! There will never be a better time to do it so, even I have to bring my kids along, i will go for it!!

Luckily i manage to ask one of my friend to join me and help out with the kiddos.

VIP is so nice, they did not discourage me not to bring them along. In face, JoAnn says that she is excited to see the children. I am sure we are in good hands!! Talking about good service.... !!!!