BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Haha ok I must have misunderstood. I'll probably be going again in Jan 13 as well since I'm not getting my rhino this time around, just eyes :smile: Decided to do it one at a time~

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o rlly? well if it all works out then we can go together for our rhinoplasty :smile: hehe

Hi Aladdin,

He has quoted me $5000.00 for Rhinoplasty- bridge and tip. 3D suture is $3000, and epi is $1000. I was speaking with another TPF'er who is getting her nose done and she had the same price as me.

Are you thinking of going to him?

Does anyone have any reviews on his nose work? and what is 3d suture ! lol I wish there was a YouTube video about it...

Oh your going on the 13th as well ! :O lol If you do your nose then I'll tag along :P I'm going to Pm you my email

What materials did he quote you for?

i have to agree with asianmodelboy about the photoshop issue.
the important thing is that a potential patient knows what they are getting into, and photoshopped pics are clearly misleading.
i understand some other things. for example, it is up to each individual person to decide whether they are comfortable with a clinic if the consultation is too quick. from the many reviews posted, it has been agreed that joann often conducts the majority of the consultation, and the consultation with the doctor is relatively short. most ppl are aware of it before they go to the clinic, as long as they read the reviews that were posted and do their research. some ppl are okay with it, (ie. everybody who has ever gone to bk clinic, or in this case vip) and if they aren't okay with it then they simply go to another clinic.
but i don't see how ppl can just brush it under the carpet when they photoshop pics...

that being said, my results are similar to the b&a pics posted on vip's website, with one major difference: my bridge is higher than theirs, but dr lee recommended a higher bridge for me because i have more prominent browbones and forehead, and i agreed to it. other than that, the style is similar.
if you look at the frontal b&a pics, the nostril width remains roughly the same because alarplasty doesn't seem to be common. but the tip becomes sharper, and longer if it was retruded originally.
at 3 or 4 months, my tip was still too wide to look similar to the b&a pics on the website. from my 6 month and 7 month post op pics, my nose looks better from the front.

from the side view, my nose has looked similar to their b&a pics even at 7 days post-op (except my bridge is still a bit too high)

looking at their b&a gallery again, it seems that it is a mix of low resolution/blurry pics, and high resolution/quality pics. i am going to guess that the low resolution pics are the ones that were photoshopped because they look out of place among their high res counterparts.
also, i am guessing that if they do photoshop a pic, it tends to be a front view pic since that is the one that is the most swollen when they take the b&a pics at 2 weeks post op. the side view usually looks at least okay from the start.

also, about the driver, he only sees ppl at two weeks post op, max. i left after 1 week post op and i was too tired to be happy with all those meds. my nose was really swollen as well. i don't think that seeing ppl at two weeks post op is a good representation of the results.

i think its disappointing because they could be so much better if they would invest more time in proper consultations and just not post photoshopped b&a pics. i'm sure they have recieved this type of feedback before so i'm not sure why they don't change.

note: they didn't post photoshopped pics of me. i was comparing my personal b&a pics to the style on the site since someone said that the style from patients on the forum was completely different from the ones on the website.
i thought i would post this note here since a certain someone misunderstood :P

Hi Kain, can you pls add me to your contacts too so that I can have a look at your photos? Thanks

I think that the majority of forumers here are between 18 to 20s. I am in my 30s and I think It is very irresponsible to say that photoshoppe result is accepptable because everyone is doing it?!! I didnt see anyone saying Bk, dream clinic or others r doing it also.

It is NOT acceptable! In making our decision to choose their service we would go thru their previous works nd it does influence our decision no matter hw small. We paid good money nd in case of VIP above market price, so hw can we'll just be oh ok nevermind with it. The young one shld learn that it is not OK, its my face we r talking abt, I av the right to see the actual image.

Btw I went for consult and was impressed with the service of both Joann nd Dr Lee who spent an hour w me. I was strongly influenced to go there nd made my reservation, but nw after reading this forum am not so sure.

And Joann accidently informed me that her daughter went to another plastic surgeon for PS.. Nd not happy with the result. I didnt pay much attention then but nw I'm like Hmm suspicious...

hi m 30s too. there r older ones here .I agree with you that it is ethically not right. and its not ok. btw, im a bizman,i think in beauty biz, sad to say, ITS LIKE THIS.

whenever u see a photo/poster, chances are they had been shopped. i think as long as they didnt make it too different from the predicted results that they can promise and deliver, its still acceptable to me.

very subjective topic. but like wot meegoreng said, her REAL current results are even better than the shopped one. oh well. :X

caveat emptor world, buy with confidence.

Hi,

Yes, I feel the same as you.. Right after more than 1 hr consultation, I was so excited and pretty sure I will choose VIP for this surgery.. But I am really not sure now..
Still finding other alternatives or maybe search more PS that may suitable for me..