BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

hi onemoreyear, I also like David W Kim's pictures however I believe he charges in the 10-11k range for a primary (which is what I need) and is very subtle. His base fee is 8.5k and then theres add on charges for anesthesia, operation, etc.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I had a very mild alar reduction with Dr. Kim 3 years ago, and even then his fees were if I remember correctly in the $6500 range ( I even got a discount). My results were so subtle that I barely looked like I had anything done. I was also supposed to have my tips thinned out a tiny bit along with my mild alar reduction, during the procedure Dr. Kim decided not to do the tip slimming as was planned. He told me as I was coming out of twilight sedation that I would look "weird" if my tips were slimmed out, that he wanted to be safe than sorry by going more conservative.

I never had a big, flat, wide nose to begin with...my nose has decent bridge as none of the surgeons that I'd consulted with had ever suggested I get my bridge augmented. I just felt that my nose could be more beautiful if it was more upturned at the tip and a tad slimmer. Looking back, I probably should've be more vocal in how I wanted my nose to look and not be talked into a very conservative procedure. That said, Dr. Kim's skills are excellent, and his office also gave me recommendations like taking Arnica Montana tablets few days before surgery in order to help healing post-operatively. I had my procedure when he was still the chief facial plastics guy at UCSF Medical Center, so I got a discount due to the fact that I was employed at UCSF as an RN.

I've been going to his relatively new, private practice for the past few months for skin rejuvenation procedures. Those are done with Joy, the aesthetic RN, who is wonderful BTW. I had my consult with Dr. Kim regarding another rhinoplasty recently after I had Juvederm on my lips done by Joy. She casually mentioned that she was post-op day 7 from a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Kim. I was shocked because had Joy not told me she'd just had a rhinoplasty a week prior, I would not have noticed. She said she had ear cartiledge reconstructed in the area of her nose tip. Anyways it's a testament to Dr. Kim's skills and conservative approach that a person could be only 7 days post-op and not be noticeably swollen.

Now for the cons. I STRONGLY suggest that you communicate just what kind of look you are after. I get the impression that Dr. Kim is against westernizing your nose even in the slightest bit, so in that aspect he is VERY conservative. If you want a definite change/ streamlined look to your nose, not just a subtle tweak, you probably shouldn't even have a consult with Dr. Kim. I'm not saying that Dr. Kim's philosophy is wrong, but I'm just saying that his philosophy most likely would influence the type of results you'd get if you decide to have surgery with him. I believe the surgeon and the client should be like-minded when it comes to big, permanent procedures like a rhinoplasty.

Thank you Blahnose and Uzura for the responses!

I am currently located in the los angeles area so having a consultation with Dr. David w kim in san francisco is a bit difficult at the moment. I plan on having the revision done next year around june so i will definitely share my experiences with doctors as I see them. I'm actually looking to do a more subtle look, fix a deviated septum and slightly raise the tip and the bridge using cartilage. that's why i was leaning more towards Dr. David W. Kim but the price is a bit beyond what i had in mind. Thank you guys for the responses once again!

Hi BBgurly,

You will be there from 1-11 Dec? Only 11 days, do you think it's sufficient for recovery? Will you be starting your work immediately after you go back?

I will be there for 16 days but im not sure if i should do it on the 1st day immediately once i reach or on the 6th day because between 3th-7th day i will need to go for a short course. And im not sure if i should take the risk to attend the course with my swollen nose in stitches and nose cast on! It will be quite embarrassing :P

May i know are you a westerner or asian/chinese? What kind of nose do you hope to get? ^^

Hi Milk, sorry about the late reply. I am going in December. With your accomodation, you really need ask JoAnn for help,let her know you want to save your budget by staying in the office-hotel. I am sure she will help you out if there are something available. I will use rib carilage for my entire nose. I will also have a paranasal argumentation together with my nose job, as I am looking for a dramatic change, I need something on my face to balance with my new nose.

Hi with my online consultation, Dr Lee addressed problems of my nose, and gave detailed procedures of how to correct those problems. It was a very good consultation and I did not get the same service from another famous doctor in Korea even I went to visit him face to face. I am sure the consultation will build up your confidence with the Dr. hope this helps

Hello - I'm a newbie. This is my first post in this forum, and I've read every page of this thread.

I'm Korean-American, but I've lived in Seoul for the past two years. I'm fluent in both English and Korean. I'm getting rhinoplasty and a chin implant here in two weeks.

I have to say, I'm really surprised that Dr. Jung is so well-known on these boards. He is virtually unknown in Korea. In fact, after trying to research him a bunch of times on various Korean search engines, the only thing I could find was a single newspaper article stating that he specializes in rhinoplasties for foreigners. I couldn't find a single review, blog posting, or even inquiry by a Korean person regarding Dr. Jung. I'm very skeptical that he's so good at what he does if he's so incredibly obscure in his own home market. Is it possible that his popularity with foreigners stems more from his proficiency in marketing and cultural flexibility than it does from his actual results?

A lot of the most well-known rhinoplasty doctors in Korea have not been mentioned a single time on this board. I imagine that's because the doctors a) don't speak English and b) don't make any attempt to reach out to foreign patients like some doctors (ie., Dr. Jung) do. But I'm confident that they are much better respected and more sought after within Korea than a lot of the ones that have been mentioned here.

Thank you. Both BB girly and I will really need some luck in this surgery. hehe.. Luckily Dr Lee appears to be very experienced so far, I will definately keep all of you updated once I am able to share the entire experience with you. I can fully understand your feeling of being anxious. I am the same when I first discovered this forum. I have found many useful information and very good supports here.

Hi Practiceboy, can you please share some of your research? That would be very much appreciated.
I am going to Korea at the end of the year for a nose job but still research about doctors. I really want to go to a doctor who is famous among local people. I don't mind if they don't speak English fluently or their clinics don't have good service for foreign patients. I can always hire a translator to help me. The only thing I care about is the outcome. So please please share the names of good doctors/clinics which are well known in Korea.
By the way, have you heard anything about Dr.Suh at JW clinic?

Hi all, just out of curiousity, does anyone think the same with me? With VIP clinic's before after photos, all the patients have amazing side profiles for their nose, but the noses are not well defined at the front?

I agree with you.

I have been doing crazy research..and I have read a lot of reviews on VIP here, but the results all look the same.