BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

"I was fully conscious and could actually feel them tugging and playing with my nose and ear!" :wtf: Umm, no. I'd much prefer to be :sleepy:dreaming of unicorns & rainbows.

VIP Patients: Were any of you conscious during your procedures? Do you have the option of general anaesthesia? If you have to be awake, I wonder if they can give you like you like a "unicorn & rainbows" inducing drug. I can deal with that, I guess.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VIP takes cash in usd. No you are under general anesthesia so you sleepmthrough the whole thing.

I have a question everyone!! =)

The time is finally approaching and I will be going to Korea in less than a month away! I am freaking out. I was relying on walking into these clinics and decided from there on which clinic I want to schedule my surgery with, howeverrrrrr.. someone told me that this is the peak season (winter break for students) and that all the clinics will be very busy. Does this mean that I have to make an appointment? Each clinic is telling me I need to put a down payment of like $500 to secure my spot.. but I'm not even sure if I'll be doing my surgery at these clinics! I just wanna keep my options open! :sad:

Any advice??

^All clinics are going to say that. Trust me, get your consultation at the clinic and your surgery will still be scheduled on the same day or at most, wait two days. No worries. Even the most famous doctors. doctors hate to lose a customer.

I came to korea a few days ago and scheduled a consultation at Teuim (they had refused to schedule a surgery because i could not pay the down payment from the states, where i called from.). I had surgery the next day after the consultation.

Just some updates on my rib nose.

I think I am the first one here who has an infection. There were two big bumps in my nostrils, oozing with pus and blood. Just went to see Dr. Lee's brother (who is also a doctor) yesterday. He helped to cut some of the tissues and squeeze the bumps to release the pus. He couldn't speak English but was sighing and shaking his head most of the time.

Well, the procedure was awfully painful till he has to give me some jabs. I was crying and shaking till his son and the nurse have to hold me down :crybaby:. Now, I have to go to the clinic everyday for cleaning.. :cry:

Acadabra: I'm sorry to hear of your rib rhinoplasty infection. Which clinic did you go to? You mentioned Dr. Lee & I wasn't sure if this the same doctor from VIP...

I hope your infection heals quick & you get the nose you wanted.

Thanks, elleah. I did mine with VIP but I am planning to go back for revision next year.

OM, im sorry to hear what you have to go through, i hope you ok, keep us update and hope you get well soon

Oh, my dear. I'm so sorry you have to go through an infection. I hope you heal well after all the cleaning! Please update us on your progress - I'm assuming you are still in Korea. If I can recollect correctly, you had your surgery about a month and a half ago? (can't remember) >___<

From immediately after your rib-graft rhinoplasty to now, was there anything out of the norm that happened that could have caused the infection?

Be strong! ):

Sorry for U... I thot the reason why we go for ribs rhino is becoz it is most natural thereby minimize d risk of infection...

I think U shld go get a second opinion.. If the doctor did anything wrong that might contribute/cause d infection, he wouldnt admit it.

Thanks, babe. U look good in ur pics! So pretty :love:

Thanks, Schrodinger. Yes, i went for my NJ less than 2 months ago. I am not in Korea. It is just coincidentally dat Dr. Lee's brother happens to visit VIP, KL for 3-4 days. It is very kind of him to assist Dr. Lee to address my problem. Honestly, I have no idea what is the cause of infection. I don't smoke. Neither have I drink nor consume seafoods, etc. Feel so scared of going for dressing and crying each time during the cleaning process. Just pray dat all will be well before Dr. Lee's bro leaves. Guess I am just one of the unlucky ones, blessed with not only an undesirable outcome but with infection as well. Again, received a negative feedback on my new nose today.. sigh... All surgery has its risks of complications.

Thanks for your advice, deoanalin :smile:

COUSIN!! how did that happen?? r u ok now? dr lee's brother?? hmm .. did smoke or something?! grrr

.. are those on your display..... LIPS??? ........:huh:"

Yo! Cousin!! Great to see u here. Dr. Lee's bro sighed and complained dat there is still lotsa pus. I still cried today but not as much as my 1st visit yesterday. Luckily, there was no patient outside. Otherwise, I will definitely scare them away :P.

I was on general anesthesia when I did my surgery at VIP, but with my previous rhinoplasties it was only under local anesthesia and I could feel every pull and tug. Local anesthesia didn't hurt... more uncomfortable.

Couldn't remember if I had dreams of unicorns and rainbows but all I remember was going to sleep then waking up to JoAnn's voice. I was groggy though for a couple of hours.