BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

I'm sorry to hear that you had an infection with your rib nose... Do you know what caused it? I'm just curious. I had rib rhino as well and I'm 5 months post op. I did mine at VIP and i'm happy with my nose and so far i haven't had any problems (bumps or anything). Isn't an infection with rib easier to treat? Like antibiotic shots or something? Don't know if it helps but the mineral Lysine is really good for wound healing... I took it post op.

good luck

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SassyGrl. I'm going to VIP in mid Jan & I'm going through motions & preparation...mentally & emotionally.

How was your experience? May I ask what procedures you had done? Do you like the result?

Would you mind sharing your b&a with me? You can PM, if you'd like. Thanks again for sharing. :smile:

I thought the same thing, but wasn't sure. Thank you for the reassurance. Do you think I'll be safe?? I don't want them to be booked for a week and I'd have to go to a surgeon of my second choice -___- that would be awful. I know that all the students in Korea are on winter break as well so I heard that clinics will be extremely busy :sad: I hope you're right..

I don't want to pay right now, esp when I'm not sure where I want to have the surgery. Argh~ Anyway, can you give us al ittle more info about Teuim? How much did they quote you? What did you get? Would they do discounts w/ cash?

Thank you :smile:

may i ask what u r planning to revise? is it because of the infection or just some things aesthetic wise that u want to change? im very srry to hear that u have an infection, did the doctors let u kno what caused it? that is very worrisome that even with rib, infection is still possible. hope it goes away soon.

np, your worries are normal but trust me you'll be okay, you won't have to go to your second choice doctor.

they quoted me Much less when they thought i was paying with cash. 2,700,000W vs 3,070,000W. I ended up having to pay the 3,070,000W with my US credit card (which ended up being $2600USD as i see on my online activity).

they initially quoted me 4,000,000W. I objected and it was brought down to 2,700,000W. When they learned I had only credit card, they moved it up to 3,070,000W.

Hope everything will be ok for you. Be strong! Maybe it is a silly question but are you given any antibiotics?

@J_franc: Thanks for the tips. Will try looking for mineral Lysine in the pharmacy tmrw.

@milyway: Thanks, babe. Dun worry, ur question is not silly at all. I just started consuming antibiotics again 3 days ago, prescribed by Dr. Lee's bro as I have finished the earlier dosage when I was in Korea.

@taeyang123: I am not happy with my ski-slope nose. Those who have seen me told me dat there is no difference compared to my old nose. However, VIP Korea assured me dat my bridge wud be higher once both sides of my bridge deswelled... hmmm.. Anyway, there is not much swelling on both sides now and my bridge is still low. JoAnn also commented dat i deswelled very fast. After three days of pus drainage, the swelling is even less. VIP KL initially thought dat i have not done any NJ saying dat my bridge is low. Even asked me if I have used rib cartilage. Gosh! Wonder if my nose really looks dat bad... :faint:

I'm so sorry to hear that you had an infection. ^Btw, Lysine is an amino acid (not a mineral) Hope this helps in finding it easier without confusion.

Oh, ok. Thanks, kitty995. Really appreciate it :smile:

I was under GA the first time, so I just assumed it would be the same second time round... Never assume! And always ask too many qs!!

I think about 2800 000 in total? 1000 000 for the revision though.. I think I was only under local cos it was relatively a short and simple procedure? Plus safer and cheaper for them? Plus I never asked for GA so I guess they just chose for me.. Also, they said I should've been in a light sleep but my body was too "sensitive" so that's why I was conscious? I don't understand either but it's over with so it's ok

Even with your own tissues, there is a likelihood of infection. I had tiplasty with septal cartilage and a month later while driving from Las Vegas to LA, it developed into a pink colour and later that week, it turned angry red like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. I went to see a dermatologist and she told me that it was infected and told me to see my surgeon. I told her my surgeon is in the East so she prescribed some antibiotics with the advice that I should see my surgeon if it didn't clear up. Luckily it worked. I think the sun and the crowd in Las Vegas helped to cause the infection, I believe.

Thanks so much! You're being so incredibly helpful. What did you get done?

Also, how do you haggle down the price? I'm not good at negotiating AT ALL :sad::sad::sad: