BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi all,
Had any of you ever remove rib cartilage and replace it with something else? Some of you may remember my previous post, I had done my rib rhino in NYC and the result was not pleasing to me at all. I don't look like myself anymore because (1) the bridge is too high (2) too thin - making my skin between my eyes red and thin ( you can see the rib graft thin) (3) nose is crooked.... So needless to say, cried for 2 months. people had said I looked older now... And seriously who wants to look older! I think it's the thin bridge that's causing me to look older. Anyways, I Wanted to get the whole thing removed but my sister said I should think about going to Korea and get the nose I want instead of trying to get my old nose back.
Please let me know your experience with revision and which surgeon is better? How do I start the process of emailing them? Thanks!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hii! just did my nose surger in early May it's been about 7 months now.. but looking to go back in spring 2012 for a revision.. Went to GRand surgery clinic in Gangnam. I just wanted to remove my bump n raise nose very slightly so it's not so noticeable.. HOWEVER. it turned out i had a deviated nose ( which I did not know, prob associated with why i have a bump on my nose too) and the Dr. did not tell me, and he didn't correct my deviation and just basially put silicone on top its obvious my nose is crooked -,-......... and also my skin is pretty thin so feels like I always need to wear bb cream or something to even out my skin. I feel so self consicous I have to wear glasses all the time -.-. and because of my deviation my nostril isn't exactly the same. Prettttttttty upset about it. I think I paid 2900 or so for my nose surgery. I feel like I don't even want to go back to the same Dr. to get a revision because if he would have done it right he would have the first time. I'm not going to risk having him screw it up again 2x and not like they will give me a refund....... so I'd rather spend the money n do more research n go to a different dr. .... Surgery wise, went pretty well. did GA and slept through it all. felt absolutely NO PAIN. ( pain meds helped i guess hehe) Only experienced a lot of runny nose ( such a pain in the ***) but i'm so sad i have to go again. I have family in Korea but I feel to embarassed to go again . first time I went with my friend but this time I might not have company:sad:
btw I'm Korean and live in canada.. :P

I know that everyone would be very happy to be under GA during such medical procedure, however, I wonder if in Korea it was done by a qualified Anesthesiologist instead of the doctor himself. It is a seperate practise altogether. Thats why I think some surgery is done with local A where U will be awake instead of General A.

A lot of complication can happened if anesthethic was administered by non expert.

uve been notti arentcha! pls take gd care of yourself!

I feel the same too on th thin skin... My nose is also crooked which I never had an issue before. My biggest issue is my bridge between my eyes, it's so thin & tall. my skin is also thin in that area and I can see the graftvvery clearly!
Question for the people who had flat bridge before... Did you get wide bridge? I wish my ps had created a wide bridge, since I think it makes people look cute and sweet. Thin bridge make people look older... Any comments? Thx and if you know any great ps around the east cost, please let me know too as I want to continue to seek 2nd opinions

omg ya ur case sounds very similar to mine!. was your nose crooked to begin with or just appears that way after surgery ie., your implant or cartilage? ya my nose looks too thin and shows through my skin too. because the people who had "good" surgery from the front u can't even see nose bridge but for me you can see it. if that makes sense haha I'm planning to get a revision and just take out the implant and fix my deviated nose and maybe just put cartilage or smth on the tip of my nose.

wow @hangook: when i have consultation at Grand i have the feeling like dr. lee from banobagi too. The two doc from JW and Migo both said i have deviation so they told me i need to fix it other while even but the implant on top of it later will shift, but the doc from Grand and Banobagi keep told me that it ok and wont b a problem later, after see ur experiment im so glad dr lee recommend me to wrap my bridge with fascia, bcuz i think im like you have thin skin and dr. lee told me if im not wrap it, the rib will show, i dont knw if my bridge wide or not but im still look young to other people like b4, they still think im 16-17 which is good :smile:

When are you going to Korea?

atleast yours turned out good! Grand surgery has 2 clinics i think one in gangnam and apku. but there are soooooo many dr's . btw mine was so hot LOL. but that didn't factor in with my decision on why I did it there .

@azn_kid: From where did they get the fascia from? Which part of your body?

Jewelry vs VIP: The one thing I do like about VIP's Dr. Lee's work is that not all of the noses look alike & all appeared to compliment the patient's face. I was reviewing the Jewelry website, and although the girls in the B&A looked great...I did notice that all of their noses looked the same. They all had that same pointed tip, which (to me) looks very unnatural. But then again, that's just my opinion since I prefer the not so obvious nose surgery. I must say that Jewelry's transformation of that mature woman was amazing!

Cross my fingers, I hope Dr. Lee can perform miracles on me! :graucho:

the one i went to have consultation was the one across the street with VIP so it in gangnam, and yup yup he is hot lol (i dont knw if the one i have consultation with is ur surgeon or not but he's the one in charge of nose dept in the gangnam clinic) , but he turn me off since when i said i want my deviation to be fix and if i use silicon i want it to b wrap with fascia ( by that time i didnt knw i have thin skin yet i just want a natural result and i think wrap with fascia the silicon wont make my skin thiner by time) he alway said it ok you dont need it, when i told him i want fascia wrap the silicon he had a surprise face and ask me where did i heard about it?? the fascia dr. lee got was on my skull so the scar wont be visible, and my hair grown so fast i dont even have bald spot:cool:, but it been stiff for a while

@elleah: JW im talking about is not Jewelry, it's rit beside VIP, and the doc seem pretty good too, i like him and the doc from Migo a lots

Hi everyone! I have been planning to go to Korea for a long time but I know there are a lot of alternatives like Singapore, Thailand, etc. So if anyone knows any good surgeons who are not too expensive but very skilled, please let me know! Also, if anyone is interested in going with me, I'll be going in end of June/early July 2012.