BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi to all,

Newbie here; so glad I found this thread - reading through the last few pages, I find you guys very helpful. I am here to find reviews of clinics to revise my nose.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very interesting....but will the buttock tissues absorbed in the long run?

Whoah...4 times revision seems like a lot. I wonder what went wrong? And now U wants to try new procedure that is not encourage by other clinics? Isnt it risky?

But it seems that you re quite experience in this. Would U mind sharing w us what went wrong and with which clinic?

Here's a translation on what it is, I got it from one of the clinic's web:

"We use the graft from between your buttocks to raise the height of the nose and use ear or septum cartilage to mold the tip. It's not ideal to use ear or septum cartilage to raise the height of the nose b/c there's just enough material. Rib cartilage can be used but it can warp once in there and the procedure will leave a visible scar on your chest. However, the graft from your butt doesn't warp, it gives the most natural looking curve, and is more safe and secure. In 3 months time, if any reabsorption has occurred, the adjustment is simple. We will transplant fat into the area. The skin is the thickest on the buttocks. Any scarring will remain discrete between the cracks (for lack of a better word.) This graft consists of 80% skin (derma?) and 20% fat. The downside stories we hear when things go wrong with this procedure is the reabsorption and the nose bridge feeling too soft. This happens as a result, when the graft is placed directly beneath the skin of the bridge as opposed to beneath the periosteum that wraps around the nose bone. Which when done this way, chances of reabsorption decreases by 10%. The temperament of this skin graft has the ability to morph with its surroundings. For instance, it can become hard and firm like bone, or become tendon-like. This is the reason why graft placement above the nose bone will result in a feel like your real nose..."

The consultant showed me the donor site. The scar is visible but was a faint line. About 2 inches long.

@deoanalin
You ever see those photos where you're like, "damn, she's got a silicon nose!" That's me.
Caucasian surgeon gave me an over-sized nose implant, which F'ed up my nose. Had revisions since.
I see this as my final attempt to restoration.

@multitess
Thank you. I hope you find a resolution soon as well.

@nkr
The skin won't but the fatty part can. The clinic showed me many of their photos. Even ones like 8 months post op, nose looked good. Surgeon explained to me, initially the nose will look thick and high, but over time it settles in and soon drapes over real nicely giving you that natural curve.

Allright guys, I fly over tonight. I don't have to fast for this procedure. Just avoid supplements and aspirin. I am dreading the anesthesia-it makes me dream lucidly. Feels like an acid trip. I don't know how I'm gonna stay aware while he works. I hear some people cry during the procedure. it would be nice to have a plastic surgery approving boyfriend to hold my hand at times like this...

Wow I didn't kno there was such a thing as over cleaning ure nostrils
And the infection sounds very painful, I can only hope this doesn't happen to me when I get my rhinoplasty

How is ur nose doing? Is the infection gone yet? Did the infection change the apperance of ur nose?

over-cleaned?!?!?! WTF, i'd clean my nose like more than 5 times a day, i have to work in dusty environment so im afraid my nose gonna get infect, now they said over-cleaned cause infection?!?!?!?!? weird

http://www.realself.com/question/1-week-post-op-cleaning-nose-frequently

this one is about piercings, but it applies to incisions from surgery as well.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/body-piercing-aftercare.html
apparently it can happen. i never knew that :huh:

http://www.dodsbir.net/sitis/archives_display_topic.asp?Bookmark=38063
i guess a very simple way of looking at it is that: cleaning it too much disturbs the natural balance of bacteria (since bacteria are always competing for resources, different bacteria actually limit the other strains of bacteria). if you overclean it, the remaining bacteria will have a "power stuggle" of sorts. and there is a chance that one of the stronger bacteria will become more prevalent and infect the wound. (which was not possible before, because that particular strain of bacteria was always competing with the other strains of bacteria for resources)
idk, i'm not a biologist so don't smack me for saying that bacteria are having power struggles or politics and such :P

i didn't know bot the effect of over-cleaning too until I heard it. My infection is still there. When the bumps are big with pus, my nose will be swollen. After draining the pus, the nose is smaller now. However, I have to control the bumps from growing by inserting cottons dipped with salt water in my nostrils overnight.

Don't worry, i don't think infection happens to everyone.

Yup, that's what the girl told me. Well, I only clean my nose 2-3 times everyday as instructed but I still get it.

We are not going to smack you but would kick your butt instead :lol:... JK.

You have a point there. I agreed with what you said :smile:

ouch, lol
D:

i think cleaning it 2 or 3 times a day is good enough. i don't think that 2-3 times a day is enough to cause an infection. i only cleaned my nose with the saline rinse once or twice a day though

ehhh, but i work part-time as a nail-tech, have to do acrylic and smell chemical liquid all day, start to get worry now......but i notice once in a while when cleaning my nose i saw some blood spot on the q-tip, dont really knw y im still bleed inside my nostril (not a running bleed just a spot)