BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hello everyone,

I'm a Korean-American male living in Korea. I have what they call a maverick nose with a dev sept.

I have visited VIP and Banobagi for consultation. VIP's Dr Lee recommended osteotomy, tiplasty and nasal augmentation (which I think isn't necessary since I haven't heard about people doing it) using septal cartil + ear OR rib. Banobagi's Dr Lee recommended the same using septal cartil + ear without the nasal augmentation, but he noted he could only shave the bone in a straight line instead of curving it outward a liiiiiiiittle bit (which I kinda want). He said if he curves it a little bit, there will be too much skin left, so he needs the bridge area to be a straight line so that the skin fits around the nose nicely. I've never heard of this, but okay...

Anyways, my next visit will be with Dr Jung at Shimmian. I am hoping he is the one since his clinic only specializes on noses and eyelids. That has to count for something, right? (I hope so, could be wrong).

But I've also found on Migo Clinic's website that Dr Euntaek Kang has a master's thesis on osteotomy and deviated noses. Their clinic looks a little fancy (from the pictures) but yeah...I don't know (shrug).

My hopeful op date is Jan 10 2012 so I am frantically researching last minute (I found out my vacation time recently, so it's almost like now or never in terms of time- and happiness?).

For people who have experience with Shimmian (especially males) or Migo, what did you think?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

izora, can you tell me more about your experience. :smile:
my email is [email protected]
thanks.

Hi ak212,

I did exactly one week earlier than u, also on Saturday and went for cotton removal on Monday. Doctor asks me to walk alot as it helps in deswelling. So I guess u should try to walk as much as possible:smile: but of cos, don't overwork yourself. Remember to eat too so you can gain strength to walk! :smile:) don't worry, I felt weak during day 2 so third day onwards will be a better day for you :smile: and don't get get scare when they remove ur cast, it will not look nice! Mine was like a soft pear attracted on my face n I was telling the nurse I look Like piggy woman! It's day 10 now and everything is ok but I still got to wait for the deswelling.. Hope everything is good for u;) keep me posted on ur nose too:smile:)

hey im glad u had a good experience. ive been on some korean sites that do that butt transfer thing. sounds really cool since its non invasive and u still get to keep a soft nose. glad u finally got the nose u wanted. hope the first rhinoplasty i get will be my last. i would love to see some pictures when everything deswells

my email is [email protected]

Thank you for replying!!! I hope your healing well!! Your tips are super helpful, let me know how it goes! Besides not feeling like going out, by day 3 are you able to go out? I definitely really wana go out to see seoul!! :biggrin:

Hey Knowsnose,

They have an off-site English translator who they bring in.

Hey guys,

I got a pm from a reader who cancelled last minute with Dr. Jung from Shimmian for rib. I asked Mrs. Park if she knew Shimmian. They have done revisions for patients from Shimmian as well. Just an fyi.

Happy hunting!

hello knowsnose,

yes, i believe i have their website (at home, can't check at work right now). thank you for the suggestion. i can't recall your past posts, but have you gotten a rhino recently? or are you still thinking about it?

We really should have a Google Calendar for this, would be helpful to see when people would be going in for their procedures at a certain clinic and if others could join in a group (so it wouldn't be so lonely / depressing doing it alone). What an idea!

EevaLeena and I will be going in early September 2012. It's a while but we're prepared! :smile:

everyone,

sorry for the constant posts recently, but i have 13 days left before my hopeful op date.

i am considering vip, banobagi, shimmian for what they call a "maverick" nose.

question 1: if i choose vip, are they (dr lee) popular and experienced for using septal cartilage for bridge and ear for tip? (if not enough septal cartilage in nose). I am hearing so much on this forum about how godly dr lee is with using rib.

question 2: for vip, dr lee recommended getting paranasal augmentation with my rhino, but i feel like he's the only doctor that recommends it. is there anyone who got their rhino with dr lee at vip WITHOUT the paranasal aug and how did it turn out?

question 3: lastly, i heard dr jung at shimmian is not a board certified plastic surgeon, just an ENT. but he is still so popular...why?

thanks a lot peepz. take care.

Hi knowsnose,

I will send u my b / a shortly;) I was out shopping on my 3rd day!! But of course, I was shopping around gangnam, so I could go back and rest when I am feeling tired:smile: by day 10 I am in singapore and had returned to work!! But countdown should be crowded and it takes around 2 weeks for nose to be "unblocked" so u may find it hard to breathe through your mouth.. Moreover, you wont know whose hands may accidentally land on your face, so ... Hahaa.. In generally, I am back to normal on day 10:smile:)