BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinecch is already on my shopping list, but, silly question (I'm sure all questions would be answered on the packaging of the box) - i just want to know in advance, when would the Sinecch dosage regime start? Do you take it before surgery or immediately after post-op?

I have to be back at work 2 weeks after surgery and slightly afraid I'd end up strolling into the office with full-on bandages and bruising (nightmare). I imagine my boss saying this to me: "So, hey...... Did a brick hit your face while you were on paid vacation?" :lol:

I really wanna know which clinic you did your nose at so badly now.
I heard gortex is harder to take out for revision in case it is needed, but that shouldn't matter as long as it lasts long and maintains its shape over the long run. Just wondering, how durable and lasting is gortex?

That's a good question. I don't know what else they offer aside from rib. I recommend sending them an email. They're pretty good at responding & they can answer any other questions you might have.

There were posts from other girls regarding having gotten gortex done but I think it was with another clinic.

vip offers other materials as well like silicone, but im not sure about gortex. they also offer different ranges of autogolous materials like fascia, ear and septal cartilage.

it would be best to email them and ask.

Do you think it will cost as much as Rib rhinoplasty?

nope i'm pretty sure it wont. alot of the materials i just listed are considerably cheaper than rib. i think to get a full rhinoplasty with rib is quite expensive because it is a long and major procedure to get done.

I came back already, after my 9th day post op. but I'm still swelling and I don't really look like myself yet. Today is my post op 19th day. Forgot to tell you that Nox doesn't have freezer in the room. You may need to go up and down to the reception for help. They have a freezer to keep the ice pack. But they are extremely helpful. Good luck to you!!

Hi AK212,

I always feel that we are in the same boat. I also feel the same that somehow my nose is not in harmony with my face. I also felt the paranasal could be a wrong decision because my cheekbone has been raised. I'm not sure if it is due to the swelling. But I took some photos with my iPhone, I honestly look swell and I don't look like myself now. I guess this is a recovery process that needs a lot of faith and patient. But say is easier than done. I'm equally anxious and impatient on this. I keep looking at the mirror whenever and wherever I can. Anyway, let's keep in touch to keep each other motivated. :smile:

I have one question and I hope maybe you or others can help to provide me some advice. I'm now on my post op 19th day (Good thing is all bruises are gone). I found my tip is extremely hard and dry especially when I'm in the air cond room for a long period of time. Besides, I feel my upper lip is being pulled by my tip when I move my lips, the feeling is very "tense". Do you have the same feeling?

Will it be improved (softer) in the future? If yes, usually how long does it take?

I had the same experience too. But yes, it wil be improved. Im now on my 2 months post op and its softer and my upper lip feels normal now. :graucho:

had a consultation with him today he seems okay but kind of abrupt. he told me to come back in 6 weeks because he said it is still too early to get a consultation for revision since i just had a nose job 2 1/2 months ago .I am bracing myself for his fees i heard he is extremely expensive.

I also did some research on Dr. Toriumi. I thought the work he did on the only Asian female on his website was impressive. I also came across several blogs & testimonials from very unhappy patients. One in particular: http://drtoriumipatienttestimonialsandsugges.blogspot.com/

Another: http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose-surgery-primary-revision-rhinoplasty/1170-my-dr-toriumi-rhinoplasty-nightmare-pics.html

On the other hand, here are happy patients:
http://melissanmi.tripod.com/

http://www.rhinoplasty4you.com/journals/paloma.htm

I'm sure he's very skilled but based on what I've read so far, he's preference to nose aesthetics may not agree with mine & he is expensive. Thus my reason to research surgeons/clinics in Asia that specialize in the Asian face/features. I tell ya, it's never an easy decision to choose the "right" surgeon among the many.

Best of luck to you!

I heard silicone is the safest implant to use for the rhino. Silcone was firstly introduced and is still widely used because of less side effects than other implants. don't stick to one clinic ! try to have consultations with several clinics and judge after what you hear from them. I'd recommend Wonjin, VIP, OZ, Regen.

You'll also have risks with silicone ranging from infections, extrusions, thinning of the skin around the tip, retraction, and so on. Some people experience no problem, but some experience problems & undergo revisions. I've had an L shaped silicone implant for 18 years. I had an infection early on but was not aware of it because the extrusions were hidden inside my nose. Lucky for me they did not grow out on my tip. Even though my implant is not noticeable to the untrained eye, I notice everyday the silicone at tip. My skin looks transparent & see the white of the silicone at the tip.

Everyone is different. What one experiences may not be the same for another.