BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi Leepm. You sent me PM but i i couldn't reply because i don't have 10 posts to be able to send/reply PM.
I'm in seoul now and my surgery is on 2PM today. It's with DR.Jung from shimmian too. I'm going to have revision. My first rhino was with Dr.Jung too (in 2007).
Anyway congrats on your rhino :smile: and don't worry it's still too early to see the final shape! My last chin implant surgery, my left side look bigger than the right side and i freaked out i thought the implant shifted post-op. But i waited and it's been 6 months now and the implant look perfectly centered :smile:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jajngmyun and leepm, my revision was done by Dr Jung Shimmian too. I'm now almost 4 weeks post op. Good luck and wish you a better & faster recovery ya!, :P

1. it depends on the surgeon and material.
if you get silicone, you might get it placed under your nose like in this link http://www.beauty-korea.com/face/content/c5_0102.php
i had rib cartilage paranasals (which are smaller than silicone, but less smooth), and it was placed right behind my nose
2. no other side effects for me.
3. no effect on my cheeks. there might be swelling on your cheeks from your nosejob.
or it might be due to the placement of your implants. mine were behind my nose and did not push the skin/flesh upwards. if yours were placed to the side of the nose, underneath the cheeks, it could possibly have pushed your cheeks higher.
4. i'm not sure how the gap between your eye and cheek is smaller if your cheek is higher than before. i think i might not understand what you are saying for this point
5. my implant is almost entirely behind my nose, so i can't feel it without putting my finger in my nose. there is only a small part that extends past the nostrils, and i can only feel it on the right side (my implants are uneven)
i can also feel it when i feel at the very base of my nose (around the columella)

i tried to find the question but i couldn't :smile:
what did your surgeon say about the uneven placement? they might have shifted

i don't mind :smile:
i used rib cartilage. it was about the diameter of a quarter (or so i'm told) with a maximum thickness of 5mm (its made of rib cartilage, so it isn't as uniform as silicone)

Hello everyone!

Has anyone heard of Koreanovernight.com? They have this thing where they will recommend the best plastic surgery place for you and I just got this e-mail...

http://koreanovernight.com/bennett/

What do you guys think??
I don't want it to be a scam.. :/
Can someone call this Ms. Bennett and let me know how it all sounds?

i followed a link and found this page
http://koreanovernight.com/plasticsurgeryseoul/
you can fill out the form and let them contact you by email (jus give them a fake unreachable number or long distance number so that they don't bother calling you if you don't want to give them your real phone number)

let us know how it sounds :smile:

and ask them to send you the link for the clinic that they were talking about, even if its just a korean/naver site.

I've been emailing back & forth and he really encourages me to call Ms Bennett.... I'll do it sometime next week and let everyone know. :smile: If anyone does it before, please post and let me know!

Feels a bit shady. This "Ju Nei Cosmetic Surgery (Clinic)" seems to be sugar coating it's non-existent reputation as the "best" cosmetic surgery (clinic) in Seoul. Nothing to back up the bravado and the clinic seems to be not certified as an ASAPS worldwide certification / membership. That's something I tend to look for in a plastic surgeon (well, in America anyway).

No references or source material given.
As for the "finding 1%" part, what makes us so special, along with anyone else (that has an internet connection) to have an all-access pass to "the best surgeons in Seoul" referral program? Seeing as how they brag that their "CEO" Bob (I'm giving him a name since they didn't give us one) knows people in the Korean Entertainment industry and have celebrity clients to have procedures done on. What makes us so special?

Why are they being so kind to let us in on this secret? What have we done?
Nothing. Seems like a good ol' bait and switch. All glossed up with the suggestions of glamour and young/old K-Pop celebrities. Glossy, glossy.

What? This is the best clinic in Seoul? I need to call them? What can't be communicated through email? Why do you need to call them (something they recommend you to do). This is what is going to get you to pick up the phone and when you do, the story changes from there and things aren't what they seem from what you had been led on to believe..

You came to talk to a doctor and then you've come to realize, well... We never got a doctor's name (they never supplied a name - perhaps to elude searches like the good old' google detectives we are). We only know Ms. Bennett and how well she speaks English. That's it.

I find it also hard to believe that the TOP PLASTIC SURGEONS do not speak a lick of English. It's understandable if it's somewhat simplistic and broken. But none? How top are they then?

I also like that part where they bash anyone with "clinic" at the end of the name is considered "fake". Earlier in the beginning of the paragraph, if you read:
"Based on your demand for the highest quality plastic surgeon team, we recommend that you call Ju Nei Cosmetic Surgery in Seoul at +82 (0) 10 9297 8708. Ask for Ms. Bennett (help?). She speaks perfect english. And JuNei has the best reputation of all the plastic surgery clinics in Seoul."

Did they just confirm that they were a clinic? :: gasp :: :roflmfao:
I'm not sold on this shady website / thesis / long advertisement written by ever-so-helpful "Bob".

Bob, Bob had ______. (Fight Club reference).
Just my 2 cents. I don't know, I could be wrong and maybe you and everyone else will have connections to the Korean entertainment industry plastic surgeons.

Just to let you know:
Mr. Bob owns several other domains (mainly to do with marketing - viral marketing):
IP Link List (as I do not want to be responsible for extra advertising hits on his multiple websites that solicits individuals to hand over money for stupid ideas and tips (ie. see domain number 4)

You've probably seen him on YouTube. That's the main point. YouTube = a source of viral marketing.
There is also a forum he made that has tips for viral marketing and marketing in general to get the most clicks and traffic to a page. Gee, if we put the two together.... He might (possibly) be marketing for this SUPER AMAZING PLASTIC SURGERY COMPANY.

Don't fall for it. Don't fall for Bob.

In his video about plastic surgeries in Korea, he starts off by saying:
"In this episode (rambles)...... we're also... we're also going to explain to you where you can find the best plastic surgeons that specialize in any field for the lowest cost. We'll give you an itemized list of who to go for, for what.

(half way into mindless babbling)
If you're interested, if you DO want that list of cosmetic surgeons that we (?) hand picked (like fruits?) that are the best in their fields in Seoul Korea, just look up LINK.
"

Link leads to data collection and so on.
Marketing ploy 101.

I went to his youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C746VSnX4Qs

This guy did made me question whether he is actually advertising or working for certain clinics ? But he did give a good tour of apugojeong and the whole Plastic Surgery scene in Korea. I couldn't believe how open Plastic Surgery is in Korea by just looking at the the Plastic Surgery ADS Plastered all over the subway.

PS. I was able to get a glimpse of REGEN ClINIC he was standing in the big tall blue neon building /:smile:

Hi Richbaby: I'm actually going to have my revision in 8 hours! I'm also getting para nasal implants using rib cartilage. I believe the implants directly below the philtrum are called maxilla implants. This allows the achievement of a nice profile of the space between your nose & lips (philtrum). I was warned that I would need to be patient with the healing process as it does limit your ability to smile for several months or a year. Everyone varies in their ability to heal. We often get so caught with the magnifying glass over our imperfections that we only make our healing/recovery worse or jump the gun of getting it corrected when we never allowed it the time to fully heal. Be patient with your healing process. You'll drive yourself crazy & into depression if you obsess about it too much. As long as you're not having any infection in the surgical areas, give yourself at least 18months before making any decisions. It's hard. I know. But be patient. : )

elleah - Hope your nose revision surgery went well. Can I ask why you underwent a revision with Dr. Jung at Shimmian? What are para nasal implants used for? Did you get Gortex implant and tip plasty for your first nose job (this is what I'm considering now)? Thanks!

have you decided on your own that you want to get paranasals? i notice that some surgeons tend to recommend it, and their patients sometimes accept it without really knowing what its for. i don't recommend paranasals unless you have a protruding mouth or a depressed mid-face region.

sorry, i'm just kinda worried