BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

What procedures did you have done? Could you provide a side profile view too?
It does look somewhat swollen. Did you take Sinecch before and after the surgery? Sorry that you aren't happy with your rhinoplasty, I recommend you to wait a year before you consider revision. Right now, it's too early to tell. >__<

But I agree, it's gotten quite bulbous post op - possibly due to swelling. Did you not run into a pole several days after the surgery - what did JoAnn say? ):
Not sure what you were aiming for, did you show Dr. Lee some examples of noses that you wanted? Did you want your nostrils to show?

Send an email to the surgery center and ask Dr. Lee for advice on what to do. Let them know that you are unhappy with the results and see if there's something that could be arranged at a much later date

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hangook,

considering the feedback and recommendations i received from multiple korean clinic consultations, i think i can comfortably say that i am happy that i went with shimmian. it's not perfect, but my face isn't perfect either. i've been told by a couple people after the operation that my face isn't perfectly symmetrical. so i am accepting my situation to be the best possible result. i would recommend dr jung since he's a pretty good at what he does. but he is always busy and in n out of consulations/surguries most of the day. i went to see him several times and i remember him ending our conversation with "i have surgery, i must go now." xP haha. but when he does sit down with you, he will be honest and give you the facts real quick. there isn't really much time for coffee and chit chat about the weather for this guy.

my treatment was somewhere between 3 and 6 million won. i don't want to post up numbers and get legally screwed later (shrug) so hopefully you can make an educated guess from the range i've given you. heh.

aftercare was okay. i actually asked them if i could sleep over in one of their patient rooms and they let me. it was because my surgery was at 3p and i woke up at 7p, which is around their closing time. but i believe most patients leave about an hour after surgery. i would recommend having a friend or relative take you home since you'll be drowsy. they give you some stew-like rice meal, which is something Koreans usually eat when they are sick (if you're Korea, you know what I mean).

regarding pain, there was none. i had a reduction rhino/septo/osteotomy and I don't understand why I had 0% pain post op. the only time there was a little pain was when they pushed my nasal bones around to show me how nasal exercises are done (1 week post-op). so i hav been pushing my nasal bones using my fore fingers for the past week or so.

good luck. take care.

Just out of curiosity did you ask for a more subtle natural looking nose ?

And is the results as close to what you had expected ?

Based on your before surgery pics and the last two pics i can see that your nostril became smaller but the tip is still bulbous. I would really contact VIP and send them these pics along and ask for their advice

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. Did you email VIP and show them your pics? I emailed them asking for explanation and revision but they only replied that I have to wait one year for revision.

Seriously... my advise to everyone is if you have certain expectations--- go to Korea.. if you want your nose done without caring what it really looks like, then NYC should be fine -_-

@Kain, sorry for the late reply! I have been depressed for quite some time actually. My reason for doing paranasal augmentation is due to depressed mid face region (it was recommended by my surgeon and I never put too much thoughts on it before agreeing to it. So, I'm very worried that I made a wrong decision). The silicone is put beside my nose. Before the paranasal, when I'm not smiling, the face region around my nose base is flat and the laughing line is obvious. But when I smile, I completely look okay & nice in my own opinion.

I have been going through my old photos these few days. I actually realized that I hardly not smile when I take a pic. Besides, I'm someone who is quite cheerful most of the time. Now, due to this recovery process which has an impact on me smiling, I'm very disturbed and depressed. I'm very worried that I can't recover soon enough or maybe worst, cannot get back my natural smile. Because I'm controlling on my smile a lot, my close aunties think that I'm unhappy and sad all the time.

In addition, when I try to smile, my cheeks is higher than usual. So, I'm not sure if it is due to the swell or my paranasal. I looked at your photos, I couldn't judge if you have this similar problem.

I'm suffering some minor pain on the cut, do you have any suggestions on any gel to apply on the cut for faster recovery? Can I use oral gel?

I'm asking a worst case scenario question. If I decided to remove the implant, do you know if I will suffer the same recovery process ie. bruises, swelling, and most importantly unable to smile naturally for few months (upper lip become longer and go downwards)?

TQ in advanced :smile:

Hi elleah, understand you are just few days post op now. Hope you are recovering well. I'm starting feeling even more worried now than ever because I have been told that it will take longer time to recover, 2 months, 4 months and you are saying up to 1 year :wacko: Currently, I'm 4 weeks post op and not much progress. I still look very weird when I smile (even though I hardly can move my upper lip) and I also think that my face still don't really look like me. It attracted a lot of attention from people that know me. I'm definitely in suffering depression now and I'm not sure how to overcome it despite so many forumners telling me that I have to be patient :sad:

I need some emotional support here.

I could be a bit paranoid now. Somehow, I still think that the gap between my eyes and my cheeks are bigger even though the cheeks are higher now.
Anyway, I think the cheeks are higher now and it could be due to the swelling from the nosejob. But it could be due to the paranasal too.... I don't know, Sigh! :sad:

@AK212, how's your recovery so far? Are you ready to send your b&a photos? My tip is still big and i think the recovery is stagnant and progressing very slow now (almost 5 weeks post op). Sometimes, I can feel a bit pain at the nostrils.

Yes I did ask for a natural looking nose, and I emailed them several times and Joann just tell me to be patient since I can't have revision until 1 year anyway >.<

I completely agree with the lack of talented ps in NYC. You would think that in a city like NYC there would be a handful of talented ps! I think it was Dr. Kwak that did my friend's eyelid surgery. He thinks it came out great but in my opinion, I think the fold is way too think for his eyes and the line is somewhat distorted. It looks like a zig zag.

@CindyEatsWorld: Sorry to hear about your experience. In my opinion, plastic surgery can be quite emotional in regards to the recovery and the anxiety of the final results. I think your original nose looks great. I can see why you wanted just a tip plasty because from the frontal view, it looks like your bridge does have height. I'm guessing you wanted more definition for your tip. I agree with Schrodinger that your tip does look more bulbous but it does look swollen as well. I'm wondering why your surgeon used both septal and ear cartilage for your tip.

I would definitely keep in contact with your clinic and if possible, I would consult with other surgeons just to ask them for any input.

Best of luck!

Hi Richbaby: it's okay to feel anxious & go through the post rhinoplasty remorse of uncertainty. I couldn't help but feel panicked when I read CindyEatsWorld's post/complaints & saw her pics. However, I thought her tip was nice but may need more time to heal. Because my nose bulb is smaller than some & thin skinned (especially at the tip where my L silicone implant tip was becoming apparent) I had fascia & ear cartilage to help build the foundation of the tip since I wanted a certain amount of projection to go along with my paranasals.

Yesterday, at 4 days post op, Joanne said it looks good but still very swollen. You can imagine soon after that & reading/seeing Cindy's pics/post made me sooooo anxious I couldn't sleep. Then again, I was also PMSing, so negative thoughts, self doubt, & insecurities come floating up without warning & fill my thoughts & manipulate my emotions without mercy. Thoughts of whether others will approve or disapprove..my boyfriend, family, friends? Ugliness? I had to take a deep breath & reminded myself of my promise to be patient & that I did not go through with the revision for other people's opinion. This will only strengthen my insecurities & lower self esteem. I waited over a year before choosing Dr. Lee because after seeing other patients results, I'm confident in his ability to execute the procedures in a result that I will be very happy with.

I too smile & laugh a lot. I was always complimented on my smile, but the paranasal implants hasn't stopped me. I just smile/laugh differently, smaller. ; ) I'm sure that will change.

I accepted before hand that the procedures chosen will result in a very different face based on other patients results. I wouldn't have gone through with it if I wasn't ready to look different. I'll have to get used to my new face, new smiles, new expressions, new profile. But one thing all of us has to remember, no matter what we do to our physical being as it is always subject to changes..aging, accidents, surgeries, who we are in heart will never change.

Lift your head up Richbaby & smile. You're beautiful & you know this. Be patient. Revisions are an option but don't think too far ahead when you're still at the early stages of healing. I expect to heal slowly. I still have my cast on & can't see what my nose looks like. I feel the hardness & imagine it looking like a potato with all the swelling. I'm a firm believer that if you believe it...it will be. So instead of imagining a potato, I imagine a beautiful nose when the swelling goes down. Fill your thoughts with positivity & remove the doubts -- it's toxic. We're all beautiful butterflies going through the early metamorphosis, cocooned, waiting for the final results.

Sorry for the long response & for any typos or bad grammar. I now have to leave for my nose cleaning. Oh what fun to be had!!! Oy yoy yoy...