BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fast reply kain,
are you completely satisfied with the doctors work? I just want to know if im making right choice with vip :sweatdrop: lol its alot of money and I want to know if its worth it.

hey thanks for sending me ure pics. ure results r really natural and even though there's still lots of swelling u can tell the huge difference it made on ure face :smile:

the ear cartilage in my tip absorbed by too much so now my bridge is a bit higher than my tip, giving me a bird nose from quarter angles. its difficult to predict exactly how much cartilage will absorb though, so i don't find fault in that. overall, i am happy with my nose job. i just wish it were possible to have a high nose with a softer tip.

my original nose was very flat and short, so even if i didn't use rib cartilage, i would have to get a columellar strut and shield graft in order to have a good result, so my nose would be stiff anyway (also, it wasn't very viable because i probably didn't have enough septal cartilage for a strut, and ear cartilage wasn't a good choice because it is too soft and reabsorbs more easily). so i don't think it was possible for me to have a soft nose tip even if i didn't use rib cartilage, and on top of that i would be compromising the aesthetic outcome. so rib cartilage was a good choice for me.

this part bothers me a bit. it is a bad idea to make your choice based solely on one other person's results. sorry if that sounded patronizing, but i really do not want to be responsible for someone's decision when they choose their surgeon. i just provide information when people ask for it, so that they can make an informed decision.
there are so many important factors to consider when you plan your rhinoplasty, like what aesthetic result you want and whether the surgeon has similar aesthetics. while i am happy with my nose job, another person may feel differently even if they got a similar result. and while rib cartilage was the right choice for me, it might be the wrong choice for a different person.
make sure you are comfortable with whichever clinic you go to, and that you have a similar aesthetic taste as the surgeon you are going to

good luck.

I emailed u!

i have a question for my fellow dr jung patients. i am post-op 3 weeks.

i was carefully picking my nose and a short white thread (or stitch) came out. normally, a short blackish/light brownish mixed color thread comes out (like 2-3 mm length?) but this time a short white thread came out (3-5 mm?).

i'm just wondering if anyone has shared a similar experience? just wondering if there are 2 different colored dissolvable threads in my nose.

thanks.

the brown might be bloodstains

@taeyang123: Yeah it's still really swollen thanks to my pole dancing inverts-_- Going upside down makes my nose more swollen sigh.

@Snowlicious: I think it looks more natural in real life because I was using flash to take my post-op pictures, so naturally my features and everything will look harsher in flash and you can see a subtle sheen down my nose because of my implant. I love that effect though, saves me the trouble of highlighting my nose hahah! The sheen isn't visible in real life, unless my skin is especially oily that day lololol.

@Sweetheart2012: Sure! Keep a look out for my email;)

hello,

for anyone considering shimmian clinic in korea, please be weary of their customer service. they only have one english speaking manager and he isn't always responsive when you call or message him. "you can call me 24/7" he says, lol. he doesn't even respond to me during business hours anymore. yes, i have been contacting the clinic a lot with questions but that's because they don't tell you everything after the operation. i had to be persistent just to find out the procedures they did to my nose (because the doctor told me he would have to open up the nose to see the situation). all i wanted to know was what type of grafts were used and where. anyways, i'm a gyopo and even i still have a hard time understanding what they say to me when they are trying to explain things to me. also, i went in for a post-op meet with the doctor recently and he kept trying to leave after 3 minutes. he said it was because there was another lady who waited a long time to see him. first of all, it took me 1.5 hours to get to his clinic, then i waited about an hour, i saw him for 3 minutes, then it took me another 1.5 hours to get home. f!#k that bulls!#t. so here i am wasting my time writing this post for the sake of justice.

just giving everyone a heads up. i've posted some good things about shimmian in the past. however, their lack of interest in helping me post-op kinda rubbed off on me the wrong way. i don't want them to gain future business from potential patients just because that person read my post on this forum. :shucks:

thanks kain. i always appreciate your response. but the usual thread-like thing that comes out is perfectly half black-half light brown. then today, a perfectly white non-stained thread (1 cm) came out of my right nostril. these two threads don't seem the same. maybe i am wrong and maybe you're right. i called shimmian to make sure and they said it's the same meltable thread. but here's what has me worried, i was told that it would come out between 1-3 months. and it's only been 3 weeks since the surgery. so that's what had me worried, whether or not the white thread came out too early.

again, thanks for the replies.

hmm wow that is terrible. since ure a foreign patient shouldn't they pay extra attention to you? on top of that they wont even let u know what u had done on ure nose!??

id be extremely upset if tht was me. since ure still healing they should pay extra attention to the concerns u have... i was planning on adding him to my list of clinics to consult but now not so sure, good customer service is a must.