BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Anyone got their nose done from Dr. Samieh Rizk in New York? I heard he's one of the top facial surgeons in the world.

http://www.rhinoplastyonline.com/asianrhinoplasty.html

I'm Asian living in Toronto, Canada. I would like to go to Korea to re-do my nose but it's just too far so New York is my next option (FYI got mine done long time ago here in Toronto)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everyone! So it's been 2 days since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. I definitely felt worse yesterday than today or the night of the surgery. Thankfully, though, I was sooo tired yesterday that I just slept through most of it - I took about 4-5 naps during the day and slept about 9 hours at night, too. Everyone kept saying that I'd probably have trouble sleeping the first few days because I wouldn't be able to breathe through my nose, but falling asleep has been really easy! I'm actually really surprised about this because I usually have a fair amount of trouble falling asleep...

The bruising around my eyes has already started to go away, but my face is really swollen. I uploaded some new pictures that I just took (the link is at the bottom of this post), and you can tell that my lower cheeks are super puffy.

I was consistently doing cold compresses the day of my surgery and yesterday (including with cold packs of soon-dubu!), but I kind of got fed up with it today so I just stopped.

At first, I could only eat liquid foods like soy milk and protein shakes, but I've now moved on to being able to eat bananas, juk (Korean porridge), and even peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, as long as I cut them into small bite-sized pieces.

So this morning, I had to go into my clinic for my first post-op check up, and it was a scary/painful experience. They took out the packing from my nose, which wasn't toooo bad, but then they stuck some other stuff wayyy far up my nose to clean it out. Ouch. Also, some guy came in and started massaging my nose and pressing it down in certain spots, saying that I'd have to do this regularly to make sure my dorsal bump and crookedness don't come back. It really hurt. They also took a bunch of tape off my ear and chin with tiny little scissors.

Even though I don't have the packing in my nose any more, I can't really breathe through it. After the packing came out, it quickly filled up with other sorts of ooze and blood, so my nose is really congested and I'm still breathing through my mouth. They told me not to clean the inside of my nose, either, so I kind of just have to wait until the next time they clean it out for me... which, after today, I'm not really looking forward to.

Well, I got kind of bored tonight so I put on some clothes and my surgical mask and went out for a short 10-minute walk around my house. It was nice, but I kept worrying that I was somehow going to fall over and land on my nose.

That's about all for now - let me know if any of you have any questions!

Here's the recent pics (including one with my mask on to show you all what I look like when I leave the house!): http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day2/

PS - I've become obsessed with washing my forehead and cheeks since they're pretty much the only places on my face that I can clean!

did you get the incision for the chin implant inside of the mouth? is that why you are having trouble eating? i was thinking of getting the incision for my chin implant under my chin instead. does the rhinoplasty make it hard for you to eat or is it just the chin implant?
thanks for keeping us updated

^wow good luck! he is expensive doc

i believe i talked to someone about this clinic,
they dont speak good english and they only use Gortex and silicone not natural material.

Hi, everyone! So it's the 3rd day after my surgery. There's not much new to report... I think someone asked me where they made the incision for my chin implant, so I wanted to clarify that I had an intra-oral incision (inside my mouth). I suppose that's why it hurts to eat certain foods that require significant chewing. But today I had pasta, so I feel like there's a pretty wide range of foods I can eat now.

My next post-op checkup isn't for another 3 days, so I'm guessing I'll just be getting antsy until then. My nose is really stuffed up and gross - I can't breathe through it, and it's oozing out all this bloody snot. Also, it makes a bubbling "oozing" sound every once in a while, which is pretty gross. I asked my clinic if there's any way I can address the stuffiness/congestion, like taking a de-congestant or something, and they said it'd be best to just be patient and wait until my next check-up... arggg... if any of you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them!

Also, I uploaded some more pics from today (link below). I think the swelling has gone down a bit since yesterday, especially in my lower cheeks. But the "yellow" bruises have spread a bit more around my eyes/cheekbones. The skin on my face is all getting really leathery - it's not cute. I'm wondering if I should start moisturizing it, but it all feels like such a lost cause anyway. Looking at my pre-surgery video and the pictures from the night of my surgery, my skin looks so nice. It's so gross now.

I think you can kind of tell from my pictures today and yesterday, but my nose tip is sort of pointed upwards like a piggy nose. Is this normal? My friend says it just looks that way because of the way they taped it, but I'm kind of worried that my doctor gave me a piggy nose. Also, I know I'm staring at my nose constantly and obsessing over it now, but I swear it looks like the nose tip dropped a teeny tiny bit between yesterday and today. Does it look that way to anyone else? Anyway... any words of wisdom you all can share with me would be much appreciated!

Pics from today: http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day3/

Previous pics:
(day 2) http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day2/
(night of surgery) http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/night%20of%20surgery/

vivi_bee

May I ask why you're going through a revision? Who was the PS?

i can't see your tip from the front view because of the bandages and swelling but the profile view looks pretty good, it doesn't look upturned. i think since the nose is swollen, it is uniformly larger so it just looks like the tip is higher than usual(making it look upturned from the front). i'm sure it will look good once the swelling is down

You may refer to this link - http://www.realself.com/question/rhinoplasty-exercise-flying-normal-activites

Hey, guys. It's now been 5 days since I had my surgery (I had it on Tuesday and it's now Sunday night). Not much new to report... the swelling and bruising in my face keep going down each day, and it looks like my nose tip has dropped significantly. I can get some air through my nostrils now (not too much, though), and my nose has stopped dripping so much - yay! The tape on my chin has almost completely fallen off, so I can sort of the see how it looks when I lean over a bit in the mirror... I'm kind of worried the chin implant is placed a little too high because the bottom of the implant is a little bit higher than the bottom of my chin bone, but I guess I'll have to see what it looks like with all the tape off to really be able to tell.

Yesterday, my friend pointed out that I have huge dark yellowish bruising all around the ear where they harvested cartilage from. The bruising starts around the top of the ear and goes all the way down to my neck. I hadn't noticed it because it's sort of hard for me to see the skin behind my ear, but I looked at pictures of myself there and there's definitely a ton of bruising there. I'd say the bruising there is way worse than any bruising I've had on my face!

Tomorrow, I go in for my 2nd post-op check up. I'm guessing they'll clean the inside of my nose (thank GOD - it feels sooo gross inside), remove all the taping around my chin, hopefully remove the taping around my ear (although my ear still sort of hurts). Oh, and the guy will probably come in to massage/press down on my nose again... not looking forward to that! And then I get my cast off and stitches out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know most people really look forward to getting their cast off, but I think I'm sort of anxious about it. So far it's been easy to stay calm and positive because I have no idea what my nose looks like, but once I actually see it with the cast off, I think it'll be hard to stifle any disappointment I might feel. Also, it'll be sort of a wake-up call that it's time to get back to work and the real world and out of my comfy bed where all I've been doing is watching Korea's Next Top Model and Modern Family!

Well, wish me luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day5/

is there any sort of indent where they harvested your ear cartilage? can you tell that it is gone in any way? does your ear feel lighter than the other ear?

your nose is looking much better today. also, i can't help but notice your teeth. i wish my teeth weren't so yellow =(

I don't know if there is anyone can read Chinese. Dr. Park Won Jin dose not have a very good reputation on some Chinese forums that discusses Korean and Japanese plastic sugery. (http://www.beauty100.com.cn/site/bbs/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=41&ID=95223&skin=0) This girl said the doctor gave her a crooked chin and then did another surgery to revise it, but the chin is still crooked. If you can read Chinese , you can find many stories like this on that forum. Overall they say Dr Park does occasionally do nice jobs, but his skill is not that consistent.

I joined this forum several months ago in order to GET information, but too lazy to write something until today. In contrast, koreanboy joined on Oct 28th, have written 11 very long posts so far, just to share his extraordinary experience at wonjin's. I think I have to admire that.

P.S.English is my second language, and if there is something confusing, I'm sorry about that.