BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hello HouseofTaylor and Izora,
First of all, thank you for all your informative posts on VIP. I am looking to have a revision rhinoplasty in April/May of next year. Currently I have a silicon bridge and septal cartilage tip. I would like to change to full rib and it seems that you two have had great success with VIP. I contacted JoAnn and she sent me a price list :

Rib Cartilage Tip + rib cartilage bridge
US $7,700
US $800
Revision - Extra US $1,000

Izora, you had yours for $8000, correct? And HouseofTaylor, this seems to coincide with your $9500? What was the reason for the difference in your prices? How is the healing going? Would either of you be willing to to email me? I just joined so I cannot PM yet. :shame: TYVM

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everyone! So it's now been 6 days after my surgery. I went to the clinic today for my 2nd post-op checkup, and everything they did to me hurt yet again. First of all, they cleaned out my ear, which I realized is still in a lot of pain - I think it's consistently hurt more than my nose or chin so far... Then, they changed the taping on my chin, and I realized that there's like one stitch across the outside of my chin keeping a pad in place that hurts every time I move my muscles down there. Then, they took out two big pieces of plastic from my nose, which, by the way, I have no idea how they got there... I had my "packing" removed 2 days after my surgery, so I'm not sure when they put this additional plastic stuff up in there... But on the bright side, the plastic totally explained why I was having trouble breathing through my nose, as now I can totally breathe through my nose again! Then they cleaned reeeeally deep inside my nose, which hurt as well. And finally, they cut off most of the excess taping on my face

I'm going in tomorrow morning to get my stitches out and my cast off. I'm really nervous about 1) the pain (especially the ear stitches!!!!!!!) and 2) the possibility I might be disappointed with what I see! I especially am starting to think that my chin implant is maybe too high... it doesn't sit on the very bottom of my jaw/chin like it's supposed to, the bottom of the implant is actually a few millimeters above the bottom of my chin :sad:

Well, I'll keep continue to keep you posted... I uploaded some new pictures from tonight: day 6, http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day6/

I can't read Chinese, but all of the big famous clinics in Korea have a mix of good and bad reviews, at least from Koreans. I think just because of sheer numbers, the bigger a clinic is and the more patients it sees, the larger number of unsatisfied patients there'll be to write bad reviews. I've definitely read some negative reviews about Wonjin in Korea, but it doesn't have any more bad reviews than any of the other famous clinics in Korea (Dream, BK, Grand, ID, etc). And of course, its good reviews far outweigh its bad reviews, as is the case with most of these places. I don't think anyone has found a "perfect" clinic that has a very large number of good reviews and no negative reviews, or else we'd all be going there... I think that in the end, choosing a hospital is a personal decision and that everybody uses different criteria. I really do think it's interesting, though, that what gets written on Korean message boards about our clinics seems to be so different from what's written on foreign message boards about them - maybe different cultures just value different things, because the most popular Korean clinics that Koreans want to go to don't seem to be very popular with foreigners...

I will say, I'm kind of nervous that they screwed up my chin implant. I'm worried they placed it a bit too high... but Park Won Jin didn't actually do my chin (someone else did), so I can't really blame him for it if it does turn out to be messed up

Hi everyone, I’ve been searching for information about Asian rhinoplasty for several months, and I ‘m really thankful to those who share their knowledge and experiences here. Many of you may have heard that many hospitals advertise themselves on the internet by making stories, pretending that they are patients and posting detailed experiences with their hospitals . Sometimes it is the real patient who writes this kind of posts. Many patients would like to do this because the hospital promises if they speak for the hospital, the hospital does their surgery for free or gave them a discount, and normally the result of these surgeries would not be bad because the doctors are more careful.

I didn’t even think about going to Korea doing a nose job until this July when my silicon nose showed signs of infection. I am a Chinese speaker, I began to search for information in both Chinese and Englsih.

I thought the information on this message board would be more reliable, because I have the impression that U.S seems to have very strict law against this kind of scam.
In China, because there is no relevant law, many hospitals using fake stories to attract customers. Even worse, some hospitals pay the websites to delete bad reviews against them.

In this August, I told a girl on a Chinese website which many Korean hospitals are very familiar with about this message board. I ‘m deeply sorry to everyone here! !!! I did not realize that some hospitals are so desperate to advertise themselves that they would even follow you here until yesterday I found some posts concerning a hospital with a very bad (if not the worst)reputation on that Chinese website.

In 2006, 2007, the hospital seemed to use stories attracted a lot of patients from that Chinese website successfully, but now many of them are not happy with the results.

I’m not sure if this certain person’s experience at wj is true. I hope it is.
But if it is an advertisement, I am trully trully sorry~~ I think at least I should warn people here, because I shouldn't make this forum exposed in the first place~~

Again I am really sorry!!!!!

Hey Koreanboy! Thanks so much for giving us all a detailed walk through of every step of your experience. It's really been helpful for those of us who really have no idea what to expect. I hope your results are all you've hoped for; from the pictures you've shown us so far, everything looks great! Even though you're not satisfied with your chin right now, I can tell you from an outsider's perspective that it's looking really good so far :smile:

Which hospital you talking about with the really bad reputation...is it Dr. WJ??? It would definitely make sense for hospitals to target the foreign market and advertise themselves in English forums.

So close to going to Korea for my surgery, was quoted decent price and was offered free pickup service and accommodation.

Thanks for warning us dayibaqu!

BTW thanks for sharing your experience koreanboy!

I haven't posted a reply on this forum for a while now buh I have been going on it everyday to see what people are saying and what surgeons their recommending. Earlier I thought of going to VIP buh like how many other people explained on this forum the front view of the patients doesn't seem to be defined at all. I am looking for a surgeon who can dramatically refine and give the front of my nose a sharp look. The best surgeon I've stumbled onto so far is one in china. You can see before and after pictures on his page. He does everything from nose to boob jobs. I rlly liked his before and after pictures for the nose. Jus go to the top of his website and clink on the subtitle photos. http://www.wangmd.cn plz check out the pics n tell me wah u guys think. I plan to go during the summer of 2011. Hopefully not alone tho cuz china is a long way from canada. I'm scared tht he's not legit tho. Cuz I hear ther r a lot of unregistered surgeons in china. Apparently tho he went on a visit to the states in october, I think to visit a doc called dr. Gruber. Don't kno who he is buh seems like a certified surgeon in the states. If any of u guys have friends or have gone to him or heard reviews plz do share!! His name is Dr. Ting (tim) wang. Need all the help I can get! I live in toronto by the way.

Hi, everyone! I got my cast off and all my stitches out! Here are the pics

Day 7 (cast off): http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/day7castoff/

Before (I added some pics of my full face):
http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z463/koreanboynose/Before/

First, let me say, I'm reeeally happy with the nose! The nose tip is obviously still verrrrry swollen, but the rest of it looks great! I hope the nose tip gets considerably smaller... as of right now, it looks huge and round and bulbous, and from the side, it kind of looks like it's sticking out way too far, like a Pinocchio nose.

But... I am pretty disappointed with the chin implant. I even made an appointment with the doctor who did my chin and I'm going to try to get him to admit that it's placed wrong. It looks like I'm going to have to get a revision surgery to get the implant moved a little lower :sad:

Am I being crazy? It IS too high right? I mean, I can feel my chin bone right below the implant - and I feel like everything I've read says that the implant is supposed to sit right against the chin bone! I think the chin implant being positioned too high makes my face look shorter from the front and like I have some food in the pocket between my bottom teeth and my bottom lip. Also, from the side, it makes my chin look very amorphous and verrry round. I don't like it at all. It's all the more sad because everyone said that rhinoplasty is hard to get right whereas it's hard to mess up a chin implant! Well my experience has been the total opposite.

When I got to the clinic this morning, they took off my cast first. They kept saying it would hurt a lot, trying to prepare me for the pain, but it didn't hurt at all. Cutting the stitches out of my nostrils stinged quite a bit, though. I was the most nervous about getting the stitches in my ear cut out (because my ear still hurts quite a bit!), but I actually didn't feel anything at all when they cut them out - I didn't even realize they were doing anything back there, so I guess I must my ear must be kind of numb.

They said I have to go back in 3 days to get the stitches inside my nostrils cut out - which they said would sting quite a bit, too. And next week, I have to go to get the stitches in my lip (from the chin incision implant) cut out.

The scars on my nostrils are pretty minimal, but you can see them from below. I hope they fade more over time!

When I first got home from the clinic today, my skin was a mess. I still had the marker on my nose from the surgery, and there was tons of oil and dried blood caked onto the skin that had been under the cast. It took me 1-2 hours (and lots of various products, including q-tips and cleansing oils and even tweezers) to finally get my skin clean. And now it looks like there's tons of blackheads/dead skin patches flaking off, so I guess I have to wait for that to end, too!

It's really weird to wash my face now because my nose tip is completely numb. I'll be rubbing water and soap everywhere and it all feels normal, but suddenly when I get to my nose tip, it feels like I'm washing someone ELSE'S nose!

Well, that's all for now I guess. I'll probably stop writing a daily update and might only update periodically, but please feel free to ask me any questions!

PS - one last thing! I just wanted to say that I can't believe how quickly things change during the recovery process. I mean, 2-3 days ago, I could barely breathe, my face was covered in dried blood and huge tape/cast, I couldn't really wash my hair, I still had some bad bruising and swelling, I barely felt human... and now suddenly, I look and feel totally 100% normal - I even went to the gym today and did a "light" 5km walk on the treadmill and went out for Thai food with my friends. My surgery was just 7 days ago, and up until 2-3 days ago I still felt like total ****! Seriously, if you had told me a couple days ago that today I would ride the subway and feel totally normal, breathe fine, walk 5km, eat Thai food in public with friends, I would have thought you were crazy. It's amazing how quickly things can change... but now it feels like those days during my recovery that I felt miserable were soooo long ago!

I don't 100% understand your post (I understand your English is not good), but I think the general gist of it is that you think I'm being compensated for posting positive things about the clinic that did my surgery? Well, the answer is no, I'm not. I paid 5,500,000 Korean Won for the surgery (I have the receipts) - that's 3,500,000 for the nose and 2,000,000 for the chin. The clinic has no idea that I'm writing anything about my experience anywhere. I don't really think they have much interest in reaching out to English-speakers, as evidenced by 1) their lack of an English website and 2) the fact that no one on their entire staff speaks English. I was kind of surprised about this second point - my friend who picked me up from surgery only speaks English, and he had a very hard time finding someone to give him intelligible instructions on where to wait for me and when I'd be done, etc. Seriously, if you don't believe me that they're totally apathetic about English-speaking patients, try calling them and asking some questions in English - they'll probably just say something really awkward in horribly broken English and hang up. Go for it, +82-2-3477-3300. Why would a clinic that seems so uninterested in AND unprepared for English-speaking clients go to such great lengths to have someone post positive comments about it on an English-language message board...?

Also, I don't even think that what I've said about my experience so far has really been all that positive? I just went back and read everything I wrote, and I sound pretty sad/depressed in quite a few of them. Also, I haven't really said very much about the clinic itself... I mean, it's true that I DID say that it was one of the biggest and most famous/popular clinics in Korea, which is just a fact. But if you back and read my posts, I never really made any general comment about the quality of their work. I've just been truthful about my experiences there, the good AND the bad. I've also said a fair amount of negative stuff about them. I mean, my past three posts in a row have complained about my chin implant, to the point of saying that I think they botched it and need to re-do it. I also had a mini freak out where I was questioning whether my doctor had given me a "piggy" nose

Finally, if you go back and read all of my posts, I actually don't even mention the clinic's name in the majority of them. I think I only mentioned it in about 2-3 of my dozen or so posts.

So, I don't understand why anyone would think I'm somehow being compensated for giving mixed reviews of a place that, most of the time, I neglect to mention by name?

I just saw this question right now! Well, they took the stitches out of my ear today, but the wound is still heavily covered with a bandage. Um, I can't really tell yet that it's gone, but the ear definitely hurts... it's dark red and swollen (it looks 1.5 times bigger than my other ear). Also, there's yellow bruising all around it all the way down my neck. I'll try and update you more once I get the bandage off and it heals some more!

Kboy- You look great!! Happy you are satisfied with your results! :yahoo:
Don't worry about the tip...swelling still coming down and will do so considerably in next week or so and tip will sharpen up alot in next couple months. (at least it did for me).

@ koreanboy : thank you so much for sharing your experience complete with pictures here. i have a somewhat similar nose to yours (higher bridge though) and i am glad to hear that the doctors have been able to give you what you want. no doubt my YEARS of hesitation in getting this surgery has to do with the nature of surgery results not being able to be "guaranteed" and it really helps what you did for us here so thank you very much. it looks great so far! but i also want to say you had a good "masculine" look before too. i think i'm starting to feel differently about slight humps on noses, lol! but you look super nice right now. the side profile i am sure you are very happy with! and more than that, a surgeon's ability to be able to give you what you want. you seem very happy and i'm very happy for you! it looks great and it has been ONLY one week (hardly!). congratulations and happy healing!!!