BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Banobagi, and I am happy thus far though it's Only been 3 months

thank you so much for the detailed reply vivi!
Im kindaa born with asthma as well.sigh I really hope they can use my septal cartilage instead of rib!it sound & look kinda scary for rib hahaha.
yeah im just worried that it'll took a long time since i will be doing my eye surgery on the same day as well.

Anyway,im glad that your nose surgery sounds fine&great :biggrin:
Just a qn,when you had flu or sneeze,does it make a difference after you have a rhinoplasty?
hahaha sorry for the random qn im just wondering!

Hi everyone,

I am looking to do both eye and nose surgery. I have slight ptosis that I have be dying to correct and I had never really liked my nose, it's a bit wide and undefine...I had never thought about the height until now..though I think that I would only want to raise it alittle and make my nose slimmer.

Well I consulted VIP, dr. jung, a few doctors in taiwan and other from korea.

I actaully got more confused now listening to everyone here. I was seriously thinking about going to VIP but I don't really know if I want to do the rib graft...which I think in a way VIP is very knee on doing this. Anyhow if I can get it done, I just want to see if septial and ear carliage is enough for me... koreanboy I can't pm yet but I was wondering if you can let me see your before and after photos. My email is [email protected].

too change topic a bit..
i forgot to say something... someone said something about the shot.. the shot that deswells your nose... i recommend NOT to do that. I think it's better to let your nose deswell on your own. I really didnt wanna do it.. prior to getting on the plane and i talk to 2 other girls.. 1 girl didnt do it.. and she said u wont feel any unfortornesss.. just cover your face. During that time it was winter + this was the time when ppl when that H virus (forgot what it was called..) was in the news.. so i always covered my face with those sars-mask thingy. Anyways another girl did it.. and she said IT DAMN HURTS. And it didnt even deswell her nose that much. This is a real natural material.. let it do its course and dont do any steriod injection on it. plus i research there is side effects (tho again... rare stuff) ouch sounds painful tho.
I dont think u should be going when your feeling sick..or if u have a sneeze.. (especially if u plan on using rib and since u said u were born with asthma like me) i was 110% healthy when i went.. i took care of myself the 2 months prior to going to surgery (note: stop all pills/supplements 2 weeks prior to your surgury date) IN MY OPINION, you should be physically, mentally prepared! (i also picked a date where i wouldnt be menstrating) i dunno thats just me.. loosing blood + surgery... would make me weak and pass out.. (i had low iron *anemic* problems when i was younger which cause me to get easily dizzy) So.. yeah.. plz plz plz girls... take care of yourself before you go!!! Perhaps thats another reason i didnt have pain problems either.. i dunno. ALso i only ate half the food given to me on the airplane since i knew my surgery date was the next day. (normally i would gobble everything on the plane cuz plane food is good LOL) yeah... just be super good to yourself.
Also ear / septum cartilage.. is TINYYYYYYYYY. Dont expect much height change. U can see many ppl who use ONLY those... it's only to straight their nose or add a bit of tip... there noses normally look the same, very natural though. But it's not for bridge work in my opinion.

hey THANKS you're so thoughtful! :hugs:
no,the sneeze..I mean..
AFTER your surgery,if you sneeze or something,does it bother your new nose?
Or it doesnt make any difference?

Yes im currently stopping on my supplement intake !
Thanks for telling!Did doctors usually did alarplasty when he did rhino?
I seee,so cartilge doesnt give you a much height change.
I really hope he can use my septal cartilage instead of ribs,im really scared with the ribs incision frankly!
though ribs > septal for height?:huh:

again thankyou vivi!you have no idea how helpful can your post be to me!
im having surgery around 6december so yeah your info is really great!
Thanks for sharing:flowers:

Hey it was me who mentioned the steroid injection thingy to deswell the nose. I heard the surgeon injects it after the surgery. Does it rlly hurt tht bad? I thought it would be like getting a normal needle. What are some of the side effects? R they scary? I was thinking of having it done cuz I heard it can tke like 6 months to 2 years for the swelling to go down with rib rhinoplasty, seems like a rlly long time. I have hyper-pigmentation so I'm also worried about the scaring tht will be on my face/nose. I heard tht steroid injections r used to also reduce scaring. Any info would be good if u kno any ;)

Thats great!!!!! You arriving on the 6th???? Please do come and look me up? I should be recovering quite well already and we can be there for you during your op.

Are you coming alone or with someone else?

Hi Koreanboy!

Thanks for the informative write-up from the start till the end! :biggrin: I really appreciated the details, and it helps me to prepare for the rhinoplasty i've been wanting to get since forever! Thank you :P

Just a couple of questions!

1) I'd be going in March 2011 (start of Spring, I suppose?) and it's my first time...I'll be bringing a girlfriend of mine along but she isn't doing the surgery...just accompanying me and keeping me entertained. Would you think 2 weeks is sufficient for total recovery? How would the weather be like over there during that period you'd reckon?

2) What does the Wonjin website state for the prices for a nose job that just requires a height increase in the nose bridge? (I'm so sorry for being that specific, gotta be clear and precise about these kinda things, and working my budget around it...hehe :biggrin:)

3) What's your email address? Could you send me your pictures before and after the surgery? Gotta drop a few more questions....REALLY WANNA SAY A BIG THANK YOU for offering Korean translation to poor English-speaking souls like me.....

Looking for good surgeon in U.S. for asian rhinoplasty

Hi, I know there has been some discussion about Dr. Anil Shah in Chicago in the forum but has anyone had surgery with him and/or know someone who has had surgery with him? I am especially curious as to why he charges relatively little for his primary rhinoplasties (between $2K - $6K). The few posts I could find on him on the other forums says he doesn't use implants, has natural results and is very caring and good. I have a consult with him in early December and any information about him and his techniques would be appreciated. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure when people mention rib cartilage, it's not JUST rib cartilage. In my circumstance, there will be additional septal and ear cartilage for the tip. But in terms of raising the bridge, this is done by rib.

Your sample batch of quotes is biased. They are all american doctors, whose patients are most undoubtedly white. Caucasians do not generally have a lacking dorsum and a wide tip and alars. (I only clicked first couple links, pretty sure they're all white doctors, just sayin) Their experience in doing rib augmentation is limited. I am not saying that rib is the only option. In no way am I conveying that it's my way or the highway type of circumstance. But I think we can both agree that everyone should do their own research and balance the pros and cons at their own discretion.

Btw, I loled@ people experience post-op rib pain. derp derp derp, orly?
If people want to see more studies. Some using irradiated cartilage, auricular cartilage, etc.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2884862/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15277829
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1097/00005537-200206000-00006/full
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1749-4486.2009.02038.x/abstract

Pretty interesting.