BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

To the ones who have a rib/costal catilage graft: can you still do the piggy nose? I dont expect the post-op nose to be as soft as pre-op, but I thought that my nosetip would significantly soften after 6 months or so. However, now 2 years later it still feels like wood.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I just have a quick question. I am 3 months post op. This is my second rhinoplasty. I feel that the bridge between my eyes is way to high for my face and gives my nose an elongated feel, too long for my face. I was wondering if there is a chance that the silicon in this area will shrink? I will post about my experience soon. I need 10 posts to PM people and when I do, I will send you guys pictures of the experience as well.

NOSE JOB ROUND TWO- PLEASE READ!

*Before you begin reading- I just wanted to say that I do not have a botched nose job--my nose looks like Song Hye Gyo's nose, sharp and defined, but I'm getting this implant removed. This is reasons why*

Hello All, I've been a silent reader for the past few years, and I feel that I can contribute with two nose jobs (and maybe a third soon) behind me. I hope that you guys can avoid the mistakes that I made.

Tip Number One: Be IDEAL
- I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Please ladies, be ideal. I know this may offend you guys, but with two surgeries behind me, I feel that I cannot be more right. I used to spend hours and hours of time looking for the "perfect nose"- sharp, defined, you know it. And guess what, I got it. I have the sharp, defined, Song Hye Gyo nose that people have been so notoriously talking about. But, before you guys try to ask me who my surgeon is, let me tell you, I LOOK WORSE. The nose does not match my face. I have a round face like Selena Gomez. Try putting a sharp nose to that face, and it looks very very off. It looks so off that I'm planning on getting a revision to lower and desharpen my bridge.

-So if anything, make sure that you are ideal with the nose you want. Having a round face, I don't think it's ideal to want a sharp defined nose. Just because it looks good on a celebrity, doesn't mean it will look good on you. Remember the Golden Ratio. It seems like Bullcrap but it's really true. The nose should balance the face.

Tip Number Two: Look at your FOREHEAD and EYE AREA
-I think surgeons are very fixated with making your nose higher, I mean, that's the reason why we get nose jobs right? So, 9 out of 10 times they will start the bridge right in between your eyes. But, LOOK AT THE AREA OF YOUR FOREHEAD AND UPPER EYES. Is your forehead flat? Do you have a lot of space between your eyebrows and you eyes? If your forehead is flat, I will tell you that starting the implant between the eyes will not look good on you. As I take my finger and run it down my forehead, I get flatness and then BOOM the implant. It makes the implant so noticeable and crowds the area between my eyes and eyebrow. Again, as I have said, I have a round face and having only that area crowded is really weird.

-I recommend that you discuss this part with your surgeon. I would say to start the implant lower than the area between your eyes, but that's for my face and I cannot say for everyone else's. But please be skeptical and be prepared when he tells you that he's going to start the implant from there. If your forehead is flat, I seriously warn you against that.

Tip Number Three: To Elongate or not?
-Again 9 out of 10 times, a surgeon will want to elongate your nose. They generally go by typical standards and think that its what you want. Again, look at yourself in the mirror and see how proportinate your nose is. My nose was short to begin with and people said it was "cute". My nose is now long and I look "old". Going long doesn't mean it's going to be better. If you go too long, it gives your nose a frontal appearance of flatness. This is because your surgeon can only pull out your tip so much. Thus, you won't be able to see that slant in your nose as well as if your nose is short.

-This one is really hard to see and won't make sense to most of you. Just think about cutting two pieces of paper of different sizes in the same degree. Let's say cut a regular piece of paper by 20 degrees, and cut a half of a paper by the same degrees. Which one looks more dramatic? It's the half of a paper that does. This is because it is shorter. Poor example, I know, but I hope you sort of see it.

Tip Number Four: Keep your head up! TIME HEALS EVERYTHING
-It is hard, especially those first couple months of rhinoplasty. I am on my third month of healing and let me tell you, it's been a rollercoaster ride and it still is. I think many are not MENTALLY prepared for healing time. This was my second rhinoplasty and it still shocked me. You will not look pretty for the first few months. This is the time when people regret getting it done the most, but as most people have already stated, you just have to wait it out. Your nose has just been through some trauma, so you have to wait for it to heal- and this takes time.

I cannot cannot express how much I feel for you guys that are in the healing process. I cried myself to sleep mostly every single day, but looking back, my nose looks completely different than it does now. My nose was a blob for about two months and then it started really sharpening out (and too much sharpening for my taste). Please be patient and don't be rash.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask. Some of you guys might disagree with me and feel free to say so. I'm glad that there is a forum like this to help inform people about this. You guys have been so helpful to me and I hope I can contribute a little bit back to you guys.

Hey guys!

I will be going to Seoul, Korea for eye/chin surgery end of jan or february 2011. I'm still undecided on the clinic but will prob choose one of the most common ones. Is there anyone on here that would like to meet up/travel/share a room with me? I'm from the states and would love a buddy/buddies. I'm up for sightseeing and shopping so let me know!

If you are going around this time, contact me at [email protected]

Dear all, I am not sure how many people remember me here now, I was very active in last couple months, then I was silent for a while. If anyone is interested, please click my name and check my previous posts for my whole story.

I am a Chinese girl living in Australia, I used L shape silicone implants for my first nose job in 1997. The result was good and I can see the great improvement in my nose, but then in 2008 I started to feel painful in my tip area. Did not want to bare the risk of protruding implant, I rushed myself into an Australian Plastic Surgeon (who is from Korea). Unfortunately, my nose was contracted a bit during years because of the silicone and this surgeon did not consider this condition and put Gore-Tex in my nose, as you can imagine, it was crooked badly. I was so depressed, so a week later, the surgeon decided to operate on me again. This time my nose turns out a lot nicer and I was happy with it, but one and half year later after the surgery, the Gore-Tex moved and my tip area (used ear cartilage)is separated from the Gore-Tex, so there was a line breaking through my thin skin and I can see my nose as two separate parts.

I went back to my previous surgeon and asked him to give me a solution, he sent me to Korea to Dr Jung. He said that is his teacher and he will do a good job on me, since my nose is very hard to operate for him. Until now, I was not happy about this surgeon's result, but I was really touched by his after care, no matter how many troubles that I have to go through, he was always there to give me a bit of support. So my conclusion to this doctor is he is a very kind doctor with a good heart but he needs more experience in cosmetic surgery area.

This year in March, I decided to make my Korean trip, I took six weeks off work and made my managements extremely unhappy about me. But at that time, I had a dream to have a perfect nose and I could not care less. On 9th March 2010 I went to Dr Jung's clinic, it was a very small clinic in an old building with an extremely small lift. There were a few other girls in the waiting room, but they are all from China and said they want to have nose job in Korea by the most famous Dr in Korea. I was in the waiting room for about one and half hour, and I did not see a single Korean girl came by. Finally I got to have the consultation with Dr Jung. He was smiling and looks nice at the beginning. Then during our consultation, he did not go through things carefully with me, I felt he was very rushed. I explained my situation and asked him to do a good job on me, coz I really did not want it to be failed again. He pointed out that my nostrils are extremely uneven, so I need a procedure to cut both of my nostrils to even them up. I did not agree on that procedure, which I can clearly tell that he was not too impressed by it. When I asked about the material to be used, he said Gore-Tex is the best. At that time, I actually kind of set my mind to Rib Cartilage, but how lucky, I did not insisted to go with rib with him. About five minutes of our consultation, he stood up and said he has to go. So my first impression to him: Very commercial doctor, not famous in Korea at all, but good at making his reputation overseas. Since my surgery cost will be covered by my previous surgeon, I felt that he knows that I will not have a second choice of the Dr and he just did not care about me at all.

My surgery was scheduled the same day in the afternoon, and when I entered the surgery room, I saw about ten Chinese Doctors standing there and the nurse explained that they are here to study and learn from Dr Jung. After my surgery I was lucky enough to talk to one of the Chinese Doctors, he told me they paid really high tuition fee to Dr Jung to come for a two days' "hands -on" course and he will give them a certificate to hang on their clinic's to prove that they are qualified. What'd hell is this? From this behavior, we can see that he can achieve two results at the same time. First make more money by doing this: second, build his reputation in China and make people think that he is the best doctor in Korea. He just did not care about whether those doctors are truly qualified for the plastic surgery, as long as they pay the money; they will have the certificate from him. This is kind of funny, as he is an ENT doctor and not a plastic surgeon.

In the surgery room, I felt very stressed, as you can imagine, more than ten people were standing around you, and they were breathing and talking, so poor me have to bare a much higher risk of infection. After about one and half hour later, my surgery is finished and he woke me up and the nurses helped me into the recovery room. In there I took a small rest and then they asked me to walk back to my hotel.

I was not happy about Dr Jung's way of operating his clinic by then, but worse things are just yet to come. The after care service in his clinic was extremely poor, I did not get to see the doctor much, it was always a nurse helped me with my dressing and so forth. I can only see him if I have a good reason and keep on begging the nurse that I want to see him. I thought he should check my nose each time I go to the clinic to make sure everything is ok, but it did not happen at all. Then the nurse told me to massage my nose, which is squeeze the implant in to help desawallen. Without much consideration, I started to massage my nose 20 times a day per nurse's instruction.

Two days after the massage, I noticed that my nose become narrower and I can clearly see a line around my implants at the right side of my nose. I was very concerned and worried, I rushed myself to the clinic and asked for help. Dr Jung checked it for around one second and said, “I can't do anything right now, you have to wait for another half year to see the result and do the revision". I could not help crying in front of him, but he just stood up and asked me to go back to my hotel. I came back to hotel with great depression and disappointment. Each time I woke up at that night, I couldn't help crying. I believe each single ppl who had nose job before will understand me, having one botched nose job was enough stress to put on, and I have to go through that kind of stress and depress for three more times.

On the day when I supposed to go back to Australia, I went into his clinic to ask for a final confirmation and check up. When I came in, he saw me and he left me on the treatment chair, without greeting me or anything, he started to brush his teeth in front of a sink in the same treatment room. There was awkward silence in that room, and he was really taking his time to clean up his own teeth. I considered this behavior is extremely arrogant. If only he has ever had a heart for his patient, he should understand their feelings and give their consultation priority to his own teeth.

As you can imagine, he did not tell me what to do again rather just told me to wait. By then I knew that no matter how much I hated it, I have to go through for another revision, when I asked him what kind of material that he has used, he told me that he used Gore-Tex and my ear cartilage. I found out now after another surgery, that he used donated rib cartilage without discussing with me. What happened is half year later, the donated rib cartilage filled area got fully absorbed and my nose is more deviated.

This is actually the first time I decide to post my experience with him to the everyone in this forum. As a girl who has went through so many nose jobs, I fully understand how important it is to choose the right doctor. I hope my post will warn anyone who is interested in Dr Jung, please just remember: First he is not a plastic surgery doctor, he is ENT and his cosmetic result is very limited. Second, he is a good in making himself famous in overseas, but he is really nothing in local Korean area. Third, he is very money driven and he does not provide good after care and all in all, he doesn't care about his patients at all.
[FONT=맑은 고딕] [/FONT]

that's really scary :cry:

i was planning on going to dr jung but now idk. i can't believe he gave you the wrong implant!

i was considering vip but they tend to make the noses too wide for my taste

idk where to go now =(

i have a question, do you mean he used goretex+donated rib cartilage which cause the goretex to show a line after the donated rib got reabsorbed? and did you say it was also deviated or is that tied with the implant showing?

or do you mean that he used only donated rib cartilage?

also, how did you not notice that he didn't take any ear cartilage like he said he was going to?

thanks for informing us about your experience
i am reconsidering vip clinic again

to anyone who has rhinoplasty with rib cartilage
where does the "hardness" of the nose start? does it go from the bridge (which is supposed tobe hard anyway) all the way to the tip? or does it end somewhere before the tip and the tip is relatively soft?

Hey, I've been reading along to this forum for a while and have made a couple of posts. I've been looking for a good surgeon for a while now. I have wanted rhinoplasty for 2 years now. but have not found a doctor yet. I am considering going to a chinese doctor named Dr. Ting Wang (www.wangmd.cn). The before and after pics are really nice and he does the type of noses that I am looking for. My face is long and I have cat eyes that are medium sized but look small because of my bulbous nose. That's why I would like a very sharp and defined tip. I already have a bridge so I don't need work done there. I love song hye kyos nose, and I am aiming for results like hers. May I ask who was your plastic surgeon. I would love if u could pm me some before and after pictures. :smile:

$120 if you book with orbitz. if you share a room ( two twin beds in the same room) it comes out to $60 a night

i think they serve free breakfast on the rooftop and they have massage services, a barbershop, a rooftop restaurant and other stuff. they also got consistently good reviews from all the sites i checked

it is close to an airport shuttle so it is easy to find, which could save you money on a taxi trip. it is also close to the subway if you want to explore

http://www.ancsr.com/artcity2/eng/intro/location.asp
the station and shuttle are on the map

the hotel just opened a year ago

Hi Kain, I have to admit that it took me a lot guts to say something really bad about Dr Jung. I was slient for his botched job for around 9 months and was keeping on following this forum. I saw a lot of people here are interested in his work. So I made up my mind to say something about him. Because I understand how important it is to choose the right surgeon and one botched nose job can deeply affect you in every aspect of your life. I did not want anyone to go through the same pain that I have to take and wish everyone here choose the right surgeon to your like.

Dr Lee in VIP analyses each individual patient and his surgery method is tailored to fit every one's different taste and different face structure. I was lucky enough to see a lot of different patients who are from Korea, the States and Singpore and all over the world while I was staying in here since 6th December. I saw many patients with amazing results. I am sure he will not let you down. I will write my expereince with him in full details and then you can make up your own mind. Just bare in mind, choose the right doctor is very very very important.

i have been thinking about it and i think that the reason he used the wrong implant is because he wanted to demonstrate a new technique to the doctors he was training.