BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi Milk,

I am a mixed race woman. I am half Korean and half Mexican from the United States. I speak English. My stepmother and cousins helped me with the translation in Korea. I was ALL set to have Dr. Kim at BK Clinic do my eyes and nose and maybe skin, but my cousin and step mother felt really bad about the consultation. I told them I read that Korean doctors, especially one as famous as Dr. Kim, do not like answering questions. Well, this did not chime well with my family and THEY are Korean business people! My cousin took me to Grand Surgery, where all the famous young "Talent" of Seoul go. Then, I asked to see Dr. Jung at Shimmian. I read he was best for noses even though I wanted to also have some fat removed from my eyes. I am sssoooo glad my cousin talked me into seeing a few more doctors. It was so different at Dr. Jung's office. It is much smaller than BK. The women there are not models like at BK. The prices were clear and upfront. His number two doctor, Dr. Chuang did the consultation as Dr. Jung was visiting his university aged children in the United States. They acted so honored to have an American come all the way to their office. They spent one hour in our consultation. The doctor explained the entire procedure with photos and examples. I got none of this treatment at BK, so even before meeting Dr. Jung, I decided to go with him.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the reassurance. I do get frustrated because some days, or rather hours, are better than others. I am a little paranoid because I also got a paranasal-labial fold gortex implant. The clinic said it would improve the overall look of my rhinoplasty. Making me look younger. I am 40 but I look way younger. Being Asian helps! I agreed to the implant and now I cannot tell if the swelling is from my nose or my cheeks! I look like a raccoon with the projection and the under eye bruising and my pointy nose! I actually prefer to wear the plastic splint and a mask even though I look weird back in America!

Hi mexikorn 1,

Me too, was considering Dr Jung initially. How is your new nose? Do you like it? What material did you used? I know Dr Jung does autologous rib cartilage too, did you go for that? DO help us in providing more details of your surgery. I am planning to go to either VIP or Dr Jung. Mine will be a revision case. Had my silicon implant for 14 years. wanted to go for full autologous rib this november.

what is this labial implant? for your cheeks?

My primary reason for having a nose job was to straighten my bridge and narrow my bulbous tip. Dr. Jung used a gortex implant to straighten my bridge. He said it would only be raised 1.5 to 2 millimeters. All four doctors said the same thing in each consultation. They all said I had a deviated septum with a bulbous tip. Only Shimmian suggested the paranasal implant for those parantheses lines from the nose to the mouth. I really did not want a "Caucasian" nose as I am mixed race. I actually brought a photograph of my Korean mother when she was younger and told them how much I loved Korean noses, so I was not one of those people who wanted a "Westerners" nose!

I noticed that the Korean plastic surgeons are very perfectionistic. They also wanted to make my eyes symmetrical and my nose perfectly straight and pointy. I was REALLY going for a subtle, natural look!

I need to be patient and I am quite sure Dr. Jung and his staff did a great job. I am just scared about my implant and how it will look. Now, I cannot smile. I was prepared for that, however I resemble Meg Ryan!!! Eeks. Remember how she looked all stiff after plastic surgery?

I did get some fat removed from my eye pads and they do look really good. No one would ever guess that I had my eyes done at all. I just look younger and refreshed. I believe Dr. Jung is great for other face procedures even though he is mostly known for noses.

He advocated for Gotex but he also mentioned silicone and rib and ear.

Shimmian clinic explained that it was better than getting temporary fillers, but now I am getting kind of scared as I am reading mixed reviews. Some people say no one will notice. Others say they can move and become hard to remove. I am still swollen so I do not know but I am not excited about the implants.

I wish I could have afforded bringing my two kids. I missed them. I begged my mom to bring them but she was swamped at work. It is very safe near the Plastic Surgery areas. There are subway stations and food places everywhere. We ate at many Korean places, but we also went to California Pizza Kitchen and TGI Fridays when I missed American food. I took taxis, trains, and busses. Korean transportation is extremely reliable and inexpensive.

My medication made me sleepy for the first few days of recovery in our hotel room, but we eventually did see the Palace, to the movies in English, the malls, and do some shopping. I also went around Korea to visit relatives and see sites. Many people wear masks there. I am not sure if that is how it is in Singapore, because it is not really lik ethat where I live in the U.S.A. I was embarrassed by being in public but my cousins said that many people are proud of plastic surgery. Like it shows you are healthy and rich like famous people??

I am sure you will love your new look!! Please don't be vex about the outcome. It will only get better and better and before you know it, you are all healed and ready to party!!

I am going for the autologous rib cartilage revision with VIP. Have you heard of them/ are they famous for their work in Korean? Do give me some feedbacks on the korean surgeons. Because I am bringing my kids along and none of us know or speak any Korean, I will not be visiting more than 1 clinic. Most probably, will decide on one and go for it!!

Hence, it will be most helpful if I can get feedback from the locals or people whom know/read about the reputations in Korea itself.

I would like to read some testimonies about people having had their goretex implant removed without having it replaced by any other implant.

What does the nose look like after that kind of revision?

My nose had a nice projection and did not need any significant augmentation. I had a 4mm implant which I did not ask for.

Dr. Hsu tells me that I would prolly need a 2 mm graft upon removal of the goretex. I will discuss the matter with him and see whether we could do without graft, as I would like to get my old lateral profile back.

Hi Mexikorn,

I do totally understand your point of view. I would not like people to know I had PS. OK, admitting openly that you want or have been through PS is one thing, but I definitely would not be proud of it or try to show it off.

I saw VIP and wanted to visit but I felt so comfortble with my decision. My cousin made appointments for VIP and Banobagi also. We just showed up at Grand Surgery and waited for 45 minutes to see the top surgeon for eyes there. I am very glad I went to multiple clinics. It was easy with a translating cousin to care for me. No one at Grand spoke English at that time, but I think they have translators available upon appt. VIP looked really big and seemed to have a good reputation. They are all really close to each other.

Hi Mexikorn, how are you going? Have all the bruises gone? Are you happy with the way you look?

I am thinking of going to Korea for nose surgery too and finding your posts are very helpful. Would you mind sharing info like the cost of the nose surgery and some experience people should know when they want to have a surgery in Korea?

Thanks a lot in advance :smile:)

Most of my bruises have faded. They have faded in a way that looks like I have heavy eyeliner on! I can cover them with makeup now. It is my nose tip and bridge that are still swollen. I feel very self conscious in public. My children and mother say I look fine, but I do not believe them. LOL!

I will estimate the cost in US $ dollars, but I will probably over estimate as the dollar was faring better this month.

My nose was about $4,000 and my eyes were $1,000. They also gave me a discount on the paranasal implants at about $650.

It was even less at Grand Surgery. Nose at Grand was $2,500. Grand told me not to do my eyes. The PS really liked my mixed race eyes and said Koreans wanted double eyes like mine already. He told me to come back in 2-5 years for fat removal only.

BK Clinic was $10,000 for nose, eyes, and eye muscle, and lateral eye cut. Dr. Kim suggested a special operation to actually fix my collapsed muscle over my left eye. The other doctors did not offer this. My cousins suspected he wanted the extra money but i suggested maybe he was the only doctor who was skilled enough in doing the procedure??

I can't believe what I got myself into. I went to BK a bit less than 2 yrs ago, and got my nose done. I figured there was no way it could go badly when he's famous and I'm just getting something so common and simple done. I was torn between goretex and silicone and he made the decision for me and went with goretex. I'm fine with that. I think he would have given me this result regardless which material. Goretex was celebrated on the forums when I got my surgery done :sad:.
My new nose is now insanely long for some reason, making me look like a witch. I try hard not to laugh or smile too hard now because it's so hideous. My nose was also already quite projected before the surgery. He kept recommending raising it so I went with it. I previously just wanted to make my alars more narrow.
I went with their kind of 'tour guide' who'd bring girls as groups to go do ps at bk. I emailed her a while ago about this and how much it would cost to fix it... she never replied.
Could I please get some help? Is it difficult to remove/ fix gortex implants??? Is there a dr. who is particularly good with this??? I'm seriously so insanely depressed with my nose, I almost want to cry every time I look in the mirror. I've been saving money but I'm still a student, and I live in canada, just the flight will be so expensive... I'm so so so unhappy... Thanks so much for any help

Thanks for your reply. Are you happy with the result? I really want to fix my nose but I am also scared the result will be a disaster; like Disparity (no offense) If you don't mind, could you please send me the before and after photo? or may be when you are fully recovered with your nose.

That's so hard going to a country where ppl don't speak a lot of English and you know no one.

How did you go with the recovery? was it easy?

Thanks.