BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

If you're open to SF, then I've heard of a surgeon, Dr David W Kim who specializes in rhinoplasty. I've never done a consult with him or know anyone who went to him, so I can't say much, sorry. But I heard that it's good to find a surgeon who's an ENT, someone who specializes in just the face and not a general plastic surgeon (who also does breast augmentations etc.)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you going? I'll be visiting seoul in december to see a friend. Surgery was about 4 hours i think i can't remember. The scar is not very obvious, it hides well under my boob. If you want you can ask for it above your boob so that way it's impossible to see any scar unless you flash you actual boob to someone.

I think you should be prepared for the pain but since you've had kids i think it might be incomparable. Having kids would've been 10X more painful than this surgery ahaha.

I'm a filipino and I'm planning to have my surgery in the Philippines, should I really stay away from Dr.Lansangan? he's actually one of my top choice. Do you know other doctors that you can recommend?

House of Taylor,

My plan is to reach Seoul on the 2nd and come back on the 10th.
Which country are you from?

Wow, if only I can meet you there. I will be so relieve!!!!

Flash my boobs? Hahaha, you are making me laugh so hard!!

I have small boobies so I was wondering if it matters if it is on my breast, under or anywhere else!!! Hahaha!!

Also, I wanna ask about rib and ear cartilage implants.

I wanted to go full 100% rib for my nose revision but I have gather some information from consultation of a few doctors that mentioned it is recommended to use rib for bridge and ear for tip because it will be too hard and stiff if rib is used on tip.

What do you ladies think? Especially those whom had rib wholly. It seems funny to be cutting on your rib and ear for one nose surgery when one rib alone has sufficient material but i would like the idea of a softer tip too. It seems more natural to have a soft tip isnt it??

Please advise me!!!!!!

Ur price sounds about right. Ya that price i heard but even the rep (joann) cant confirm with me... but they have a confidentality policy with prices tho

@ curious: thanks - I'm looking to get a rhino and epicanthy with Dr. Jung. I'm thinking about a silicone implant but when I asked his associate, a Mr. Jay Lee, about it (via emails), he seemed to state that Dr. Jung is very experienced with goretex and seemed to favor it though he said it's "20 times more expensive than silicone" and that the fear of goretex is a rumor spread by inexperienced doctors. So for now, I actually don't know but am leaning towards silicone. I guess I will see once I actually speak to Dr. Jung. He says he will put an implant (haven't determined size yet), a paranasal implant for more facial projection and epicanthy. Jay said an associate clinic also does buccal fat removal that is in the same building for slimming down the face. I want to ask them if they can remove fat from the face instead of temporary botox injections to narrow down a wider jawline.

Waiting to get my renewed passports and looking to set a surgery date in November. Apparently you save about $800 on tickets to Korea in November vs. December - peak season.

I had a breakthrough this weekend - I am planning to get these surgeries solo and without telling anyone - esp. my mom who is adamantly against it - and aside from you guys noone else really knew. I finally told my bf who I never planned to tell b/c I couldn't lie and he kept grilling me about the real reason why I was going to korea. Let me say that it is such a huge relief that he knows but he is very against the surgery and says he "loves my nose" but he seemed like he would still support me in the end. So that's a big relief - I was really scared/embarrased at first when I told him but it's so nice that he is supportive :biggrin: so I'm happy for that much.

Anywho, what are you interested in getting done and with whom?

You're only staying about one week? That's really pushing it. Dr. Lee did not like the fact that I was leaving 12 days after my surgery. He had to rush things for me a little bit. Can you go a different time where you're able to stay longer? I'm just concerned about your recovery process. My chest and back were so painful (too much strain on my back from the pain on my chest) that I had to take a muscle relaxer and a mild narcotic just to make it home on the plane. Of course most people don't suffer from back pain, but you just never know.

I asked JoAnn about it and she says 10 days is fine...
Oh dear, now I really have to consider another time.

Dr. Kim quoted me in total $9150.

As for Dr. Yu, although he offers "free consultation", the consultation is really with his assistant. I'm not sure she has the credentials to give a consultation other than she's been working with him for a long time, and Dr. Yu did her nose and eyelid. I was only able to speak to Dr. Yu for about 15 minutes. His price is definitely more reasonable, around $5500. But once again, I have my concerns.

Let me know if you want to know more, I can always send you a private message about it.

Hey everyone! After a long thinking process, I finally decided to get a nose augmentation. Surprisingly, I found out that some of the BK doctors perform surgeries in China periodically (I'm from China and live in US). Actually one of the places they go is my hometown...However the Dr Kim everyone talks about doesn't perform surgeries in my hometown; only Dr Hong. I can't decide if I should go to Shanghai for an appointment with Dr. Kim, or if I should just go see Dr. Hong in my homwtown (obviously it would be a lot easier&cheaper if I can stay with my family). Any thought/suggestion?

not true, i use soley rib only, my tip has rib cartiledge too!! if i touch it i can wiggle it around (its fully healed and stays put) i like it alot, my nose doesnt feel fake and i can scrunch my nose and it doesnt feel hard at all actually.
I never knew there was cartiledge on rib.. i dunno, but there will a the main rib part and then like peices that he can use for your tip. u can use ear if you want a curve up look like if you want your tip for forward. and _\ that shape. Recovering process was easy-peasy for me no pain at all, in taiwan there isnt much pain, but i heard in korea it seems a lot of ppl feel pain. But its different from everybody. I took care of myself for 2 weeks prior going into surgery. I think the most painful part for me is doing all those blood test ughhhhh i hate that. there is like 4-5 test u need to do before going in to surgery. (note: i did my nose in taiwan / will do revision for a curved up nose) so i will ask for ear so it can enhance my profile.

again pain was zero for me, i went shopping 2 days after my surgery. I was fine, i just felt uncomfortable-tired if i wear my bra while walking. Or if i laugh. PS.. omg.. i had massive mood swings tho.. it might be the meds tho.. like u will laugh and then cry... happy and then sad/worried.. which is natural i heard, cuz u just changed/