BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

VIVI

Shopping after 2 days!!! WOW!!
You mean there is no pain where they cut you at your rib and nose???

YOu are SUPER!!!!!

I hope I can be like you!!

Did you go to Dr Kao for your nose surgery??

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey khw9495! Sorry, I haven't visited this message board in a few days. I'm still somewhat new and not sure how things work when it comes to messaging. But yes, please send me a private message and maybe we'll be able to share our experiences on the LA surgeons we've each consulted, thanks!

@curiiious hey I haven't had any consultations with any doctors here in NYC yet, but from what I've gathered it's roughly about 10k for a decent job. However, none of the doctors I came across seem to have extensive experience with Asian noses, so I agree with you about feeling more comfortable getting it done by doctors who do have experience =)

Thanks again for your response & support! & thank goodness for this forum because I was almost considering Dr. Lee in Beverly Hills, but after seeing the recent posts.... hell to the nizzo!! HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE, AND HIDE YOUR HUSBAND... hehe

@ flychick : okay, DAMN, babe, you RUN AND TELL THAT, RUN AND TELL THAT, HOMEBOY, HOME HOME HOMEBOY... hahahaaaaaa... you are hilarious, haha.

i agree, i've seen his and other north american doctors' work and they do GORGEOUS work on caucasian noses but limited experience with asian noses :sad:. i've spent a bit of money on consultations where i am and the docs seem almost hesitant to operate on my nose... but in my area, there's lots of asian people and they have specific "asian" sections on their websites so when i met them, it was weird they didn't seem to want to operate on me. they usually do nose implants, eyelid, etc... but they're either way too conservative or way too extreme. i must admit their work on caucasian patients are great though... but i'd be worried because, for example, i've felt my friend's nose (she's caucasian) and the cartilage in her nose feels very stiff and hard (not bad, just different) compared to mine... and her skin is thinner... so if they were to mold the tip or cartilage the same way or adjusted a bit, it might not work out in a predictable way? so i'd feel like a guinea pig, haha... and re: the asian people in my city... i think they all go to asia for surgery... suspect because don't know for sure, never ask...

which docs are you looking at?

i'm considering dr. jung right now, have you seen his GIANT gallery:
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/recent/read.asp?idx=12826&page=2&S_Kinds=Title&S_STR=&flag=8&LangType=1

and also dr. kook:
http://www.nosecenter.co.kr/nosegallery/05nosegallery.php

dr. kao:
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/article?mid=1999&prev=537&next=1332&l=f&fid=11

dr. hsu:
http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/hsuyc1/post/1311013413

* i also found this website super helpful (but, umm, as you say, "hide your kids", etc. if you don't like looking at actual surgery pictures and the tools and blood):
http://www.facialsurgery.com/ClkoffTPgt3_2011_04_02mh.html

hope something there helps you out a bit?

happy thanksgiving (to everyone else too!) and tty soon!

@julabula8d_aim hey I saw in one of your posts that you're from NY (me too) & u mentioned Botox injections. Just wanted to let u know that my brother in law is a dentist & has been mentioning that he will start taking Botox lessons. I told him he should sooooo do it & told him about jawline reduction with Botox & he started talking about the masseter muscle & TMJ. He's a board certified orthodontic surgeon, so Botox would be nothing for him, especially in the jawline. I am definitely going to be one of his practice patients, so I will let u & the board know how it goes.

...now... :back2topic:
That's fantastic you are about to get your rhino done soon & I can't wait to hear! Plz let us know if u decide on silicone or gore tex. I'm so nervous about the choice, but I'm more scared of cutting into my chest! Also, how much are they quoting u? I'm saving up now...

Good luck! & plz keep us posted :party: (just discovered these happy faces haha)

:wtf: woah! that last link u sent me was a doozie... (autotune) haha

Dr. Jung seems amazing & I can't wait to see what @julabula8d_aim posts back after her surgery. I was looking at Dr. Lee from VIP but he seems to be good for revisions mostly & it's just a first rhino for me. I'm still just lurking the thread & waiting for the right time & money before I make the jump.

Also, which of these clinics offers the best post-op services? I'm just so nervous about anything happening when I get back & they're all the way over there.. :confused1:

Thx for the links & my search continues...

@ flychick - Wow so nice to have a doctor/dentist in the family ~ jealous! Actually, I have already had the botox injections in the jawline twice already - it does work! But it's temporary and goes away after like 6-9 months :shucks:and it's an expensive habit to keep up Xp I got the injections in NJ for $500 each time - heard it's soo cheap in korea though. I've been considering buccal fat removal as a more permanent change but not sure need to do more research.. So cool you're also in NY!! :coolio:I'm in the long island area. Are you set on a doctor yet? I know Dr. Jung favors goretex but still am not sure what I should use. His assistant said the cost of goretex is 20 x more expensive than silicone though! :wtf:!

I'm so annoyed I got my passport renewal application back today that I sent two weeks ago b/c I forgot to sign the dang documents ughhh. I resent it signed sealed delivered today and now it's gonna be another 4-6 weeks.. I just hope the cost of the flights stay low to korea by the time i get it... hoping for mid or late November.. so who knows now...

To all - get your passport renewal done early!!:Push:

Lol I just discovered these smilies too X-P

LOL @ "HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE, AND HIDE YOUR HUSBAND" :roflmfao: the remix song is hilarious on youtube!!

I am also in LA looking for a surgeon, except I am seeking a revision rhinoplasty. I had my primary done my Dr. Charles Lee and I hated the results. He gave me a huge implant which was shifted from day one, so I went from having a cute, albeit low dorsum, nose to a huge, slanted witch nose. I had him switch it out for a smaller implant but it was still too big.
I ended up removing the implant and now I have the scar tissue in my nose, making my nose look wider and undefined.

I don't know if I want another implant. I just want some refinement on the bridge, but I don't know if that's possible without an implant. I am planning to consult with Dr. Kim and Dr. Griggoryants. I am considering having the revision in Taiwan with Dr. Kao or Dr. Andrew Chang. I have no idea yet!

If anyone like to share notes and perhaps go together on this rhinoplasty quest, let me know.

IZORA!

Everything has been confirmed!!
I am going to VIP on the 1st Dec!!

SO excited!! I mentioned to JoAnn that my friend ( that is you) went over 1 month ago for the same procedure and she says she remembers you. I do not know your first name so I said "My friend that came with her husband from USA"

She aded that you guys are so wonderful and you have a very handsome husband!!! :P:P

Btw, how is your nose healing???

Cant wait to see your nose girl!!

I am so excited to go, any advises like where is fun to go and sightsee?
which restaurant di you guys went?

Congratulations on setting your surgery date- that's a big step!

My nose is healing nicely. I sent Joann my 1 month photos, and Dr. Lee said that everything looks good. I've been in touch with Joann a few times after I came home. The aftercare is still continuing, so it's been very nice.

Hi I am just wondering if anyone has had any problems with implant extrusion post rhino. i had mine done 7 weeks ago at BK [really great work btw] and im sticking a flashlight into my nostrils to check on them. paranoid, i know. anyway i see weird lumps, some flesh color so i dont worry too much. but i also see a whitish one and it is deep inside right nostril, on the side of the bridge. i am wondering if it could be a silicone and if so, what the heck do i do? i have NO symptoms, no pain, swelling, bleeding or pusing. Dr Kim assured it is normal but I am wondering if anyone has had similar experience?
are white lumps inside the nose a normal thing???

Congratualtions, I am contacting VIP now and thinking of going to them for a revision in December as well. JoAnn told me in December office hotel is fully booked. So did you get the free accomodation? How much will your surgery cost, you can PM me if you want to. Would love to hear from you.

That happened to be too, i freaked out and called my doctor, he promised me it was just the natural shifting in the healing process, but i still paranoid SERIOUSLY i had to call my other friend. But actually it did disappear my nose was fine afterwards. As long as it's not painful and itchy. It's normal many ppl experience this actually. I had a white color on my tip (freaked me out) and lumps inside my nostril. But its gone now. (except im fully healed compared to u...) i seriously do feel my nose is completely healed at 4months.. even tho i know thats impossible.. the look and feel, is the same at 4months comparing too now (which i am almost 1 yr healed)