BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi snowmouse!!
Please help me as I'm so depress and anxiety after 17 days post of tip plasty I had removed complete my ear and septal cartilage and now is nearly 5 days but I couldn't see my old nose back. The tip is still upturn and very hard so I can see my nostrils hole before no one can see my nostril hole and my nostril whole also very uneven as well. Please let me know how long did you see the result of your old nose back?.. Thanks heap in advance

Hello everyone!

First post here, but not new to this website. I lurk every now and then just to learn more information on rhinoplasty.

Can someone link me to any websites and galleries of male rhinoplasty? Before and after would be great.

Btw, Koreaboy, not sure if you still post here but I would really like to view pictures of your rhinoplasty! Please check your PM.

Hello everyone! I've been reading several of your posts and it seems like most people want to know more about the different clinics in Korea. I've visited several locations so hopefully some of you will find my insights helpful. Overall, I personally think actually meeting the doctor is extremely important because you really need to find a doctor whose vision is similar to yours.

ID
Popularity: ID is popular on this forum and it is quite popular in Korea too. They have several ads in the trains and the clinic was literally packed (with natives).
Building: It's definitely a bit overwhelming because there are so many people going in and out, building is big, and there are so many attendants.
Doctor: Dr. Kim is straight to the point, willing to answer questions, overall conservative approach. He didn't seem to advocate anything drastic.
Material: Goresili (Combo of goretex & silicone)
Damage: Approx. $3000 for basic rhino.

Banobagi
Popularity: This clinic is also popular on this forum and it's definitely bustling with natives as well.
Building: Very similar to ID. The clinic is one whole building-huge facility, lots of people, tons of attendants.
Doctor: Rushed the consultation. Spoke more with nurse/attendant.
Material: Silicone
Damage: Approx $3000 for basic rhino

View
Popularity: Not so much info about view on this forum. However, pretty well known among natives.
Building: Not as big because they don't own the whole building, I believe the clinic consists of a few floors in a huge commercial building. Lots of people going in and out, 5-6 attendants?
Doctor: Similar feeling to Dr. Kim from ID. Overall, nice doctor who answers questions.
Directly expresses his dislike for silicone as a cheap material.
Damage: Approx. $2400 for basic rhino
Material: Goretex
Other: It's clear that View is extremely known for breast augmentation. They have lots of pamphlets, photos etc. on breast procedures.

Kairos
Popularity: Unknown on this forum. One of many clinics in Gangnam (usually the location of the most reputable clinics). Mainly visited because a friend works there.
Building: One floor in a big commercial building. 3-4 Attendants.
Doctor: VERY thorough. Spends a lot of time explaining all the details. His wife is the receptionist and main attendant. She is also very knowledgeable.
Damage: Approx $3000 for basic rhino
Other: Doc is in his 50s. He's been doing this for a long time and he himself says his approach is conservative because he's seen things go wrong in the past. When i was there, one of the attendants had gotten her nose done and I took a peek. The doc here really seems to be on the more conservative side.

Cinderella
Another clinic in Gangnam. This is the only place that I will give a real opinion on. simply. DONT GO. waste of your time and money (CONSIDERING THEY CHARGE FOR CONSULTATION). They will not tell you about the fee over the phone. Unlike most clinics, the whole place is dimly lit and the doc is just weird....like he hasn't been outside in months. Absolutely no English from attendant or doctor.

After all this, I would say choosing the clinic, implant material really depends on what you are trying to achieve for yourself. After visiting the clinics I think it becomes a lot clearer what type of personal preferences the docs have and obviously your results will often reflect the doc's style. For instance, with Cinderella the doc almost always does eyelid surgery + 앞트임 (sorry forget the term in english....this is incision in corner of eye to widen the eyes). This seems to just be the look he likes.

Hopefully this info is of use to some people making big decisions!

Hi. I'm new to this forum cuz I wanted to share my experience of rhinoplasty with you guys.

I know most of you are planning to go to Korea but I just had mine done in Thailand (Yanhee Hospital) 5 days ago. It was so impromptu. I landed and from the airport, I went to the hospital just to enquire about rhinoplasty with the best doctor there and he said why wait? Just do now since I only have 2 weeks before my school reopens! And my mom said YAR YAR then the doctor started drawing on my nose with a marker.

Next I knew, I was waiting for my turn and then I went to the operating theatre and was injected with some anesthesia. the whole thing was a blur, I felt like I was in a dream. Its painless except the part where he pulled out my fillers (I injected fillers into my nose in May so it was not dissolved yet). That hurt a lot.

So now its been 5 days, I removed my plaster and the stiffener yesterday. And around my eyes is yellowish like some one punched me -.-

But overall I think it looks nice. I hope it won't get infected and that it'll heal properly! :biggrin:

Hi JuicyME,

I'm going to Korea on 25 Dec and will leave on 12 Jan. I might get my nose surgery around 28 Dec. Is t possible for u to change ur time? I booked my ticket already so I couldnt change it.
There is another girl could go to Seoul around that time as well. Hope we 3 can go there together!!!:biggrin::nuts::smile:

Omg! Thanks soooo much for all your input. did you make a final decision yet? Gosh, 3 grand is pretty hefty. I plan on getting both my eyes & nose done.. Did you ask about any discounts? Some places do if you pay all cash.

My plane ticket is booked as well ! :sad:
Where do you plan on getting it done??

Hey guys im finally going for my consultation todayy,no not in korea :P(im going to consult on nose and eyes surgery)!hopes all went smoothly tskk..

hey skyliu,im interested in going korea as well for nose and chin in 2011!we could totally go together!and do you need to make visa to go Kor?...I need to :sad:
i was hoping to go during my semester 1 break next year.It would be great if we could be travel buddies !

which implants did you choose for you nose?
speedy recovery to you!

Hey Juicy~ I actually went as a translator for a friend (although....after going around with her I'm now considering nose myself). Generally, the huge hospitals deal with lots of foreign patients so their rates are pretty set...since all the foreigners are paying cash anyway. With places like View that are more known among natives, they were willing to give discounts for cash up front.

Hmm, I emailed Teumips & BK and they said they would discuss discounts during the actual consultation, but the discounts only apply if you're getting more than one procedure done. Also, my friend got her eyes AND nose done for 20% off at a whoppin $2,900 in Mok Dong and it came out beautiful! The one in Mok Dong isn't as famous so that is why it was cheaper but they're just as good~ OOF! I'm so stressed out because of the $. Please keep us updated. Did you decide where you are going to get it done & when?? Let me know how much both of it is ! :smile: Thank youuu

i've been looking at VIP and was pretty set on going with the rib instead of just ear cartilage and silicon. but im really scared about the rib surgery, i like how with rib the nose looks more natural and it can last a life long but the thought of removing part of my rib is kinda iffy. since surgeons are always coming up with new advanced techniques, i would be very disappointed if later they discover some other brilliant way of having results just like the ones with rib but only without having to REMOVE a piece of it. for the silicon, the revisions are pretty simple and the damage is only to the nose but nowhere else on your body. whereas the rib (isn't 100% guarantee and still some risks (better than silicon)) for later revisions, the nose can be revised but nothing can be done for the missing piece of rib.

hey guys i just did my consultation today,im really happy with my ps.he really examined my profile/face THOROUGHLY so as to make sure my decision is the right one.(note: im not at korea & he's not a korean either)

So here's my experience on him today :
I went in for consultation saying that I was more of wanted in doing eye surgery (epi+lateral) ; you know,creating those eyes that makes me look more caucasianish.
And having said "Lateral + Epi" he immediatley knew I read somewhere about in in Korea doctors/articles/etc.
He examined my face,said the probs in my profile is not my eyes,is my droopy brows,nose & chin.(went on explaining why to me)
He also mentioned during his trip to asia ps meeting,he learn that most clinic in korea failed to examined the patients full profile ( eg. person A said he have a small eyes ,doctor A do a epi+lateral with him--->in the end person A still unhappy.Why?cuz the real problem is not his eyes is his droopy uneven eyes and uneven jaw)

Moving on,he said the distance between my eyes looks wide due to my flat bridge nose,thus if i really wanna look different is either nose,chin or do a eyebrow raise.He also said the 'meat' infront of my lids is not meaty enough for the epi+lateral procedure plus my eye has the (you know the inner corner 'meatty part) that part of my eye can be seen and he said if it can be seen --> epi + lateral will either make me look hideous or the scar to be VERY viseble.

Oh and be careful on some of the chin procedure in kr clinic,they're very aggressive --> may cause numbness on some of your nervous system.

He asked me to think again on which procedure will I feel to be the most appropriate etc and now I decided to do nose + brows (note the brows require incision as well)

So overall he REALLY diagnosed what my problem is (by examined my face thoroughly) ---> I think on which procedure should I go next --> operation.
I recommend you guys to go for this kindaa doctor instead of a doctor who will just do what you tell him to do.Because you will end up wasting $ and not happy

I will be having my second consultation with him on upcoming monday.Right now,I feel so enlightened cuz I realised my eyes really isnt that bad ( i have double eyelids and a three folds on my right eye).

Whatever you guys researched here,at the end of the day you wouldnt know what you actually needed until you went for a consultation.

This is just my personal telling after a consulattion with him
Hope this helps ;)