BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Innitially I thought so ( I was all for cartilegde but not ribs I was hoping to use my septal cartilegde).Then it turn out cartlidge and silicon is pretty much the same.At the end of my consult (when I was kinda set to do nose job),I raised several issues on implant.
However,for my case i have thick skin on my nose thus a silicon implant will be able to placed well.
The chances of it getting infected are equal to the chances of cartilge getting bend/absorbed my body = They're equally rare.

Yes,some may said cartilgde have less extrude/infection.However,if you were to do ribs,the complications may be even more complex (OR they may be equally rare to occur just like implant).

Just like koreanboy said earlier,most doctors prefer implant.Rib surgery is for a severely crooked nose or severly distorted/not proportional (be it after incident or etc)
Especially for asians (most caucasian have strong septal cartlige to be used for nose job hence they doesnt require your ribs),but asians,if you were to choose cartligde it has to be the ribs.and ribs is another operation which is (to me) very very unnecessarily gory.
Silicon has being used for many years ->developed & used many times -> doctor figure out techniques to make extrude-tion to occur less.

Maybe this is just for my case & point of view.Im not saying ribs/implant are bad choice.Both are equal and according to your profile,it might vary.
:smile:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that you got your nose done in the bay area..I was looking for a ps who has experience with asian noses..how was it? and around how much did it cost?

i 've been reading in this forum for a while but i just decide to be a member
i got days off in this mth from 14 to 25 . i wanna go the nose job with Dr. Lee from VIP anyone interested to go w/ me in this period of time ols let me know.

Oh and anybody planning to go korea on end of may 2011(around 20s May),please email me vivieeny[at]Gmail.com :smile:
I wanted to go there for further consultation and hopefully procedure.so let me know if u're interested :graucho:

Hi, has anyone here went to Taiwan for rhinoplasty recently? I am thinking of Dr Kao from taiwan as I have seen his previous work and it looks very good. This will be a revision rhinoplasty for me, and Dr Kao has suggested using rib and ear cartilage for my revision as I have silicon extrusion on the tip of my nose. What does everyone think of using rib and cartilage?

hey Jelly1.
I'm thinking about going something this month too. but im a little bit hesitant about going in the winter is because my winter break is fairly short (about 4 weeks) and i dnt know how long it takes for rhinoplasty and mandible reduction to deswell. I DEFINATELY DO NOT want to go back to school for spring semester looking like a mess.

Please help!
Anyone has removed an implant or cartilage graft for nose tip? Please let me know how long will you get back to your pre op nose shape? I did tip plasty with ear n septal cartilage but some how my nose look crooked than I removed everything after 17 days post op. Now is 1 wks after cartilage implant had removed all the swollen nearly gone and I saw my nose still very crooked? I'm so worry that My nose won't get back to it normal shape as it use to very straight, and I'm not very depress and I got panic attack almost everyday, I couldn't eat neither sleep.
Please give me some advise. Thank you so much

i wish you the best then. are you undergoing surgery soon?

hey i got my implant removed cause it was extruding. I left my septal cartilage in the tip though. So you only let your nose heal for two weeks before removing everything? Did you get everything removed or just the implant? My nose was swollen for a couple of days but it looks fine now. It is not crooked or anything.

Hey do you know what clinic your friend went to in Mok Dong? I def agree there are so many clinics in Korea that are very good, they just dont spend as much money on advertising like ID etc. 2,900 is really cheap though....what type of procedures did your friend get? I don't have any solid plans, mainly because I can't figure out a good time to fly out. Are you from the states?

I am from the states. And I'm not sure exactly which hospital in mokdong. She got non incision with epi and lateral, and general rhinoplasty butttt she had.local anesthesia for both procedures which could be why it was cheap

Okay I just called through this other clinic and they're super ridiculous.
I was asked to wait for additional wait after my 1st consult to 'think it through',like if i were to be set for it why would I need that extra week?
Then I pressed on questions to the 'nurse' and she said the doctor is also fully book on consultation next week-->cant operate--> thus the extra week?!
Damn this is so ridiculous.

Btw,is ID clinic good at V-shaped jaws/chin?Whats you guys take on that?

hey thank you!I wanted to go ahead for nose surgery but this doctor that I go for are recommended by my collqgues cuz of his 'eye-work' im not sure about nose/chin.Thus im very hesitant.

Plus,hifee for Rhinoplasty is beyond expensive compared to Dr Jung's or other korean clinic.I mean,Dr Jung nose job work is kindaa well-known and everything but im not sure about my current ps in his nosejob skills.

I may opt to go Korea (either banogi/Jung) for nose.I dont mind delaying on the surgery few months later,as long as in the end I'll have it as a happy patient.Though yes,it pissed me of !!!

Are you set on Dr Jung?When are you going to korea?Oh and how long does people usually go to korea for surgery?is 2weeks enough?you think?

http://forums.cozycot.com/health/30625-cheekbone-reduction-surgery-129.html
here is a site with lots of info on cheekbone surgery if you are interested

i'm set on dr jung. i'm going in late april.

the only reservation i have with dr jung is that his results are a bit too subtle.

i'm only gonna stay for 1 week and dr jung was fine with that