BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Kain,

I think it is a bad idea to pre pay. You want to do the consultation first.

With credit cards, you have one month to pay back after the date of purchase, so you do have plenty of time to pay back. There's really no need to worry about it. And paying back the credit card is easy. You can do it online or write them a check by the due date.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's possible, you should try to have a consultation with both doctors in person. I know Dr. Lee doesn't charge for a consultation, and I don't think Dr. Jung does either. You have nothing to lose, right? This way you can go with who you feel comfortable with. Receiving an online consultation and meeting the doctors in person are very different. I'm sure you'll be able to make an informed decision after you meet with each doctor.

i guess i will just stomach the foreign transaction fee, even though it is kinda a ripoff that the credit card company can take several hundred dollars from me while doing next to nothing. but i guess that is how they make their money

why don't you pay with cash for most of the payment, and then the rest with credit card? That way you won't have to pay that much for cross border transactions/foreign transaction fee? Also, you can also get cash from ATM machines.

There is a certain type of credit card and ATM cards that do not charge foreign transaction fees. It depends on the bank. You may want to do some research for credit cards where you live.

hi i remember you from a while ago from when i was browsing the forum solus how is your nose?

i haven't had surgery yet but i will in april.
i'll post pics sometime in may

that sounds smart. i can bypass the cash carrying limit and at the same time avoid some of the credit card fee

the only problem is that i don't know how to carry around several thousand in cash. i'd be so scared of losing it. i really don't wanna wear a fanny pack but it sounds like the safest thing to do so i don't accidentaly leave it behind

Tough decision, I had been thru this (almost want to resort to tossing a dice to decide). I can't find a PS experienced enuf with nose jobs here in SG (they seem to do a lot of botox, thermage, eye jobs, boobs jobs, simple L-shape silicon nose jobs, but revisions involving tips, septal correction???) And for the $$ I have to pay some very famous or very expensive PS here? - that's why I consider Seoul and Taiwan.

I met Dr Jung (and ya, the cute SG ENT, Dr Loh as well), Dr Lee, and also went to Real, Dream (suggested by my GP in SG cos his patients went there b4). I'm pretty sure I dun want any more silicon in my nose (the current implant din give me any problem for so many years and then it decides to contract and the contraction is so gradual I din realise the problem until I see an ENT for sinus problem last year and he told me my septum is deviated and most likely due to the pressure from the silicon contraction, that's when I compare photosand saw that my nose's shape is different now, shorter), The decision is really between Goretex for ribs + septal/ear for strut/tip or ribs throughout. From the consultation, I have good feeling with both Dr Jung & Dr Lee, both pointed out my problem upfront and thorough with the options and approaches. Dr Jung gave me the goretex and ribs options (he quoted studies to show Goretex is relatively safe and most problem occurs during 1st year) whereas Dr Lee strongly recommend I go ribs (cos he feels Goretex may stay problem free in 1st year and still give me problem many years later because I have thick skin and enuf tissue in my nose to cushion the initial signs of implant and since Goretex will fuse with tissue, any need to remove will mean a nightmare. Moreover he thinks my septal cartilage may not be strong enuf to serve as a strut for my tip since it is deviated so he may have to resort to ribs afterall). I decided to go with Dr Lee in the end becos of the approach he uses to harvest the ribs cartilage (he uses endoscope so I reckon the incision will be smaller) + the available aftercare in his clinic/officetel (aftercare is very impt to me cos I will be alone in Seoul and I'm freaking scared of blood and wounds). If I were to go Goretex, I believe Dr Jung is the go-to man + he has the plus of being trained in ENT (prob that's why a lot of complicated nose revision and nose reconstruction cases get referred to Dr Jung according to the SG ENT Dr Loh).

I'm no longer young, I want this revision surgery to go well. The +ve experience of Izora, BBGirly, Townstory .. who so generously share, help make me feel better after the decision to go ahead. Like Rawdude, I too want to get this done and live on with an nice nose before I kick the bucket .. lol .. .

hey ladies for those that went to VIP for nose job, when you guys were there, did you see any others going there for jobs other than rhinoplasty? im looking to get my mandible reduction done and possibly mid face lipo along with the rhinoplasty.

my original plan was to go somewhere else first right after arriving in seoul and then go over to vip for nose job. but that sounds like such a hassle, since i'll be going by myself. thanks for the information, much muchh appreciated. =)

I'm so glad that you were able to meet both doctors in person. Like you, my nose was contracted from years of having silicone. I didn't even realize that I had a deviated septum until I met Dr. Lee in person. He used a device to show me the inside of my nose- it was weird to see how crooked it looked. It never occurred to me that silicone could have been the reason for the deviation.

I was very nervous before my revision too (I booked months in advance). I was so scared that I considered canceling many times. I also waited a long time to finally remove the silicone. In the end, I asked myself what scared me more, a revision or more problems with silicone. I was definitely more afraid to deal with any complications from silicone because it was only a matter of time. Rib was the only viable option for me since my nose was contracted. I felt very assured and confident after I met Dr. Lee and the rest of the staff. But honestly, you'll feel so much better after you get the surgery done. My recovery was tough, but it was so worth it. Remember that the discomfort and pain is only temporary and that it will be all over with before you know it. You will receive excellent service and care at VIP, so you have nothing to worry about. Don't forget to arrange airport pick up with Joann. You have me and people on this forum for moral support!

Thanks dear, I certainly need the moral support. I've made arrangements for Mar, still want to chicken out at times, all I can do now is to go exercise, take antioxidants ... hopefully keep my immune system in good condition. And trust the surgeon.

hey there,

Read that a few fellow singaporeans in this forum going to VIP in 2011. I'm considering that too! Since Catlover88 has already made her arrangement in MAR, guess im a bit too late to join her now. anyone keen to go together so we can hv company and perhaps tour Seoul at the same time? btw, VIP gives discount for foreign patients who go together! =)