BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

yep exactly.
I've been to Dr Kao in Taipei. It's been about 7 weeks already.
Ribs is not as scary as it sounds. Previously I was considering using donated ribs, it cost the same.

But have to worry about possible future adverse effects as Taiwan just started using donated ribs only this year. The approval was only granted last dec. From what i've gathered, it's always better to use our own.

Immediately after i woke up from the GA, i was more concerned about my severe sorethroat, there's a dull ache at the chest area, more like muscle ache, not intense pain.

The nurses inject antibiotics periodically at the IV drip so i don't feel any pain at all.

Anyway, i started jogging after week 5, initially, nose will feel a little heavy & stuffy, perhaps due to the swelling at the tip.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rawdude,

Skill: My nose before was very flat that it made it look wide as well.

I wanted my nose to look more thin and with a high bridge but didn't think it would be possible because mine wasn't even close to the picture I showed. (I used a picture of a vietnamese model Elly Tran Ha)

I'd say it looks pretty close even though I'm only a little more than one month post-up.

Also the swelling on my tip has been going down at the same rate of my bridge and I'm already really loving it :biggrin: Not bulbous looking as I heard it may be when using rib cartilidge.

Service:

He is a very caring docter and makes absolute sure that you are okay.

One time he picked me and two other patients up from the office hotel to the clinic because he wanted to make sure everything was fine.

JoAnn and the rest of her staff are the same way. They would always help me out when I needed to order food (which was like twice a day for the first week lol) and would make it very easy for us to get around. Me and my friend would tell them where we wanted to go and they would write it down on paper for us in Korean to give to the taxi driver. They also wrote down on paper where we were staying so we could get back to our hotel too.

Satisfaction:

Overall, very happy ^_^ I am going back this summer to have my eyes fixed.. Anyone else planning to go to Seoul in August? Let me know :P

JuicyMe,

Are you using rib cartilidge too? If your staying in Seoul for two weeks and than going back to work right after you should be fine..

I waitress at my family restaurent and I have to do ALOT of heavy lifting, but I was fine ^_^

And Rawdude,

Don't be scared!!!! lol

I'm honestly the biggest baby that I freak out by just getting a papercut.. but I did it :P

Just think of how much you want it lol

Oh yah guys, I am considering doing fat graft on my forehead as well..

Is it that in most cases the fat just gets eaten away? Debating if I should bother or not.. I'm only 19, so am I more susceptible to that happening?

good choice! As i heard from one patient using donated rib has higher warption possibility~ "The nurses inject antibiotics periodically at the IV drip so i don't feel any pain at all."
I highly recommend this too u can sleep and not have to be woken up.

I have a question for those who didnt use rib... do you still need the injections ?? Or were those constantly injections (i think there was 6 of them) antibiotics just for Rib patients?? Those who are doing revision who dont need to extract rib.. they only need to take pills medication after iv drip is taken out after surgery is done correct?

For fat graphing is it in a suringe "needle" and gets into straight to your forehead? like botox?

Did anyone having ribs rhino avoid having to go under GA? And how many days did it take for the chest wound to heal enuf to take showers? I'm hoping the dull pain from the ribs won't last long, considering I'll have to lug my own luggage home (and I intend to shop for skincare/makeup in Seoul :smile:

I've experience of GA b4, din take it very well - the sore-throat and nausea after that was the worst part - the jelly-drink is a good suggestion (I find that plain rice porridge helps but doubt the clinic can provide that), I'll make sure I have some on hand. I've actually asked JoAnn if I could simply go on LA + IV Sedation, but seems GA may be needed.

Rawdude - :lol: the discomfort will be temporary, just think of how much the surgery mean to you. The last time I went thru' a surgery, I suffered for a week and swear I won't go thru' another one, but here I am, planning for one ...

Shinangel - which Arnica Montana did you get? I'm bringing Sinnecch but thinking of starting on Arnica well b4 that as well.

BBGurly - I remember you were concerned about a tiny bump on your nose bridge. How was that now - gone? Hope everything heals up nicely for you.

I was once considering donated ribs too (to avoid a scar on my chest) but all the docs I consulted expressed reservations about using donated ribs. Dr Jung in particular said he'll use it if a patient insists cos it is safe (as in very very low chance of rejection & infection) but he won't use it for any support structure (he'll still use whatever septal cartilage there is which is usually not enuf for asian nose, supplement it with donated ribs, and he'll need to resort to goretex for bridge) - he mentioned resorption rate of donated ribs is very unpredictable, can range from 10-100%.

I took Arnica Montana 5CH prior to and 30K (brand: Boiron) after surgery. But I must say that I am not really familiar with homeopathy and did not always comply with posology.

My graft did not move over time. When I had my cast removed, the bridge was completely deviated. Either the surgeon had failed to graft it properly, or the implant had came to move under the cast. I believe the first argumentation to be more plausible, because the cast itself was very slant as well.

WATTT ur like opposite of me..dont most ppl wanna be GA and knocked out completely (i know its worse/complicated for ppl )
How many injections/shots do we need for LA + IV Sedation?? Its soo weird cuz im WANTING GA... the reason i avoided my revision was cuz my last doc said he will do it for free since i only want a lil fixed.. but i wanna do it with GA.. but he expressed its not nessary cuz GA u need to have a Anesthetician there (which is like wayyyy more expensive to have them there) am i over re-acting? Another girl told me she did LA (maybe it wasnt LA + IV Sedation?) she said it was the SCARIEST thing in her life, cuz u and see and hear what they r doing. So she kinda got me scared to do LA...
doctores dont know what to do with me they just say "i think your just scared about pain"
i think so.. cuz with my rib rhino with GA... it was easy peasy... except for the needles.. and im picturing LA.. they just give a bunch of shots in ur nose to numb each area they gonna touch??? The girl said yeah.. and u can fee the pinches. O_O

Thanks vivi_bee_bee & catlover88,

yeah, i'm glad i chose my own autologous rib.

vivi_bee, try to opt for LA & twilight sedation so that you can sleep & can block out the noise. You won't feel pain & doctor don't have to keep injectiing LA on the respective area if you feel pain.

I'll also puke after twilight sedation so maybe can ask doctor for anti nauseous pills.

.. okay? but how would u describe it? 2 paper cuts or 4? 5 paper cuts at once on the thumb? or index?

ehh which is more painful?

having your little toe kicked onto the edge of a table or RIB?

gees. r we all gonna puke or wat? after all the watever Ga, IV , LA gucci and prada?

Please keep in mind that everybody is different, so everyone's reaction and recovery will also vary. I'm a big baby who is terrified of pain, and Joann teased me about it constantly while I was at VIP. If I can do it, anyone can. I had a really rough recovery, but it was all worth it. There were patients who had so much work done, and they were walking around just fine the day after surgery. I didn't puke even though I was under general anesthesia, but I know some people who have. More than likely, you won't need general anesthesia because almost all patients at VIP are put under IV sedation. You're knocked out completely just like GA, but it's easier on your body and you regain consciousness a lot faster. Both IV sedation and GA are injections. If you're afraid of needles, then ask for an IV catheter to be placed in your arm. This way you're only pricked once. You'll go through a lot of IVs and shots after surgery. I used a catheter and I didn't even get a bruise on my arm, and I bruise easily.

I know the surgery sounds scary, but try not to get discouraged from other people's experience because everybody is different. The surgery will be all over by the time you feel any pain. What bothered me more than the pain was the discomfort. But this is all only temporary. You will be well taken care of by the staff at VIP. Try not to focus on what may or may not happen. Instead, focus on the positive like your result.