BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

hi mintminttang , what nose surnergy did you done ? how much costing (in korean won) ? thanks very much for your share !

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys..
I know many of you are skeptical about VIP. Honestly I was too, until I came here 2 days ago for surgery. Well first of all I just wanted to say a little about myself. I am Vietnamese and was raised in California then moved to Tennessee my freshman year of high school. Anyways, met my husband in high school, both finished college, then my husband joined the US Army as an officer. So we are at Camp Casey now, as our first duty station and we will be here for approx. 2 more years until we get our orders to our next destination. Honestly, if I was still living in the states I don't think I would consider getting a rhinoplasty. My nose never really bother me, its just I have a slight deviation but my bridge is considered "high" for an Asian. Anyways so as a stay at home wife (right now ;0) ) I love to explore Seoul, and would jus take the amazing train system that they have here and just go wherever "tourist" goes. It just amazing this street, there are plastic surgery clinic EVERYWHERE, its so accessible here. Granted, of course I've always been a fan of Korean drama, and noticed all the actresses are so beautiful. No offense, but my impression of the "typical" Korean person uh...well lets just say it suprised me a little bit. I was expecting to see beautiful people everywhere. Well ok I am from Camp Casey, which is near Dondecheon (considered country). So what I am trying to say is that going toward Seoul or to the large city you will notice there will be prettier girls with the nice nose and slender figure. Ok so many girls and guys here get plastic surgery...So back to my point I was trying to make until I started rambling =0), is that the plastic surgery results here looks good and I am guessing its cheaper than the states.
Like many of you I used to internet to find doctors in Seoul, but the only thing that I found that has a bit of info was this forum and crazycot. Since it was convenient for me to go to many clinic that offer free consultation; I took advantage of that, being that I live here. I went to 3 other clinic; Bk, Oz and Shimmian. Bk, I waited 11/2 to talk to Dr.Kim at BK, which took a long 2 min. It did seem like he was rushed, granted he is busy of course. They also seem to overpriced me and pushed other surgeries I feel like I didn't need. I then walked to Oz clinic after my appointment with Bk. Oz was a very charming man, I felt comfortable with him right away. His clinic is alot smaller, not as modern as some of the ones here. The next day I went to Shimmian, and consulted with him. His manager Jay Lee was there to assist and translate for me. Dr. Jung I am sure is a very good ENT, I was so confident that I was going to get my surgery done there. Until, I read all the nice things people had to say on this forum about VIP. So, I booked a consulation with JoAnne and I have to say, even if I didn't read these forum I would of choose VIP that day. She made me feel so comfortable, she took her time talking to me after Dr. Lee looked at my nose. So right after my consultation with JoAnne, I felt at ease and I knew then that I was going to get my surgery done here. Now present day...
My surgery was booked for March 9th. Mind you that my husband was in the "field," I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with military lingos but that means he was training and I wouldn't have any contact with him, (considered all these problems with N.Korea). So I felt alone and afraid =*(. Alright I am not going to go all detailed into my surgery, but I have met 4 wonderful other ladies here who some are members of this forum and some are "lurkers." I was honestly really suprise when I met them, because as many of you guys I was skeptical as well. But this is my first rhinoplasty and FOR SURE MY LAST. I hade septal, ear and fascia. Recovery was and is a B*tch. Everyone is right, VIP is a busy clinic but run really smoothly. Everyone here is so caring, and even the "nanny" who cooks porridge for us, she resembles my mother in law. (My husband is half Korean/half white.) The nurses are super sensitive and there is a button you press in the recovery room and they will be there right away for whatever you need. I am still in the recovery room (its soo comfortable!). Uzura was right, this heated mattress rocks! My pain level is moderate now, its my face and cheeks are SUPER SWOLLEN; you would think that I had my jaws shaved. The porridge that they give is ok, not excellent, but not bad either. If any of you guys are Vietnamese it taste like a thick version of "chao" But in my luggaged, I bought a bunch of canned syrupt free fruits and a bunch of low sodium chicken noodle soup. I am trying to eat healthy, but dang right outside they have a basket full of individual servings of AMAZING AMAZING Korean coffee...Ahh, it can't be good for my body can it? But ok guys this is getting to long, and I am pretty sure you guys are bored from reading this. Its just honestly, I am kind of bored =0(, I can only do so much on the internet and since there is no speaker here on the computer I cannot watch season 2 of Vampires Diaries. TVDUCK.COM is really good guys and free to watch shows online.

Hey I would ove to hear ur experience with vip, even though I do not plan to get a rhinoplasty there, I plan on getting other procedures done by them. I would love for u to pm me if u hve the chance :smile:

Hey I would love to see some pics!! I can't waiit to get my rhinoplasty. Getting impatient from reading all these wonderful experiences from vip. My email is [email protected] :smile:

im just really picky, i want my nose more curve and less straight i guess.
I just preferred korean doctors, its just that i understand mandarin so i thought taiwan would be better for me.

asianmodelboy is correct. I know about this too because I learned it from my boss, a plastic surgeon. the doctor that i worked for explained to me so much about rhinoplasty, pinched nose and the causes of this condition and things mentioned above. please people, if your going to have alar base reduction or tip refinement...you will most likely have a collapsed and pinched nose similar to what you see on Ashley Tisdale. Yes, her tip looks less bulbous and more refined...but that not the end results.

Lol I'm glad someone agrees :smile: I am in love with her nose. I saw pics of her before all her plastic surgery, and she was still a pretty girl. Her nose was quite wide before. Now she is just stunning. I would love to find out who her plastic surgeon was.

thanks for the long and detailed post of ur experience. I appreciate it. I kNo what u mean about everyone in seoul looking like models. I've heard from many ppl travelling there tht there are soo many pretty women. All the actresses in korean dramas look amazing!! They r the ones responsible for starting the huge wave in plastic surgery, not just in korean but all over asia as well.

yeah same situation as me, I speaks mandarin so I thought I could interact better with the taiwan doctors..

I dont want to tk up too much post space here, so I will nt quote. I'm responding to Deliriousgirl's post. Doing tip refinement or alar base will make my nose collapse n have a pinched look ? What does it mean by it's not the end result, pls elaborate. Thanks. =)

BBgurly is truely a hot mama..i was shock when u told me u r a mother of two. i m a total goner .. ha ha
I dont think Rawdude is single ,if he is that wun be for long :yahoo:

i felt totally fine after surgery.was even walking around the clinic. but as days gone by i become more restless n tired.. not sure is it the antibiotic n the medicine which they prescribe..i still have 6 more days of med to finish up.. n for no reason my rib will start to hurt even while sitting..n my back hurts too.. having those sharp piercing pain. they did prescribe me pain killer but i try not to take it. but a few ladies here didn seem to have the rib pain problem that often..i felt like a granny,..

Hey Welna, its Annie! I dont have your number. But you said you were having bloating problems, do you think yogurt will help? Cause I have the same problem. Either that or I have to take a MASSIVE shadubee ;0). Anyways, JoAnn just visited me and she said that the officetel is booked so I will be staying here till Sunday..when they take my stiches off; I am scared!