BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

sounds kinda harsh, but i have to agree. whenever i think of plastic surgery in china, i think of this

http://www.chinahush.com/2010/11/26/female-star-dies-in-plastic-surgery-accident/

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i did mine with Dr Hsu,
I shall start from my touch down to present day.

Try to include everything that i want to share so hopefully I can answer most questions.

Bare with my lengthy post!

Anyway going to Kaohsiung is an experience itself.

I reached Taipei Taiyuan Airport.

Took the Green UBUS to Tauyuan High Speed Train which took about 20 minutes at about $140 NTD

From there it is about a 90 mins ride to Kaohsiung Zuoying High Speed Station.
Cost is from $1450 NTD Economy or $1900 for Business class which I took for fun. ( It had twin Seats instead of triple and includes power plug. Refreshments are unlimited and complimentary which includes light snacks and hot or cold drinks and newspaper.

The Zuoying Station has a rather new department mall which is really convenient.The walk to Dr Hsu Clinic is 2 blocks away about 300m walk or 10mins walk.From the station you walk to the middle of it, there is a traffic light and you walk 2 blocks and at the main road you turn right and walk about 2mins.I took the cab for the first time and reach within 2 minutes at 85 yuan!

The first meeting included about a 2 hours consultation which include some photo morphing.

Conclusion is I wanted no scarring of my Stomach so no self ribs.

Used Donor Ribs but Have to supplement Ear cartilage as he explained that Donor may have higher chance of resorption so the use of ear cartilage is to strengthen/protect the tip area.

Dr Kao thinks resorption rate is same though about 10-20%, Dr hsu 10-40%

Anyone knows?

I was asked to pay the fees in advance in CASH( no credit card accepted which i find inconvenient as Money changer is like non existent. YOu can change in some banks or big dept malls but rates are not the best.) as I wanted to do it the next morning. Initially I was uncomfortable but later I agree but requested some kind of receipt.( Is this the norm to pay in advance? DO you guys get receipt?)

No food 8 hours before surgery was told. Had last meal about 330am

Day 1

Did my surgery at external hospital near Sanduo(Downtown Kaohsiung)

930am-Went to the Hospital for registration.

10am-Checked in to my room for the night. Did ECG test and IV( again no pain).. for 1 hour.

After i had 1 hour. Only complain is the part where they insert the IV and after Glucose was injected, I had a numb and cold feeling on my left forearm but Drs checked and said I was tense and ask me relax oh well.( anyone felt the same?)

12pm-After I said my last word of concern to the Dr in op room.

9pm- Anyway my surgery was said to be 4 hours and best part is I did not feel a thing. I used Donor cartilage so only LA with sedation. I woke up with slightly drowsy head only to remember my last word. No Episodes before of some of you guys saying you see the Dr hammering or sawing away lol. Super hungry now and saw bland food ( porrige, vege, vege, fish)on my bed table. Tried to consume some porridge with my straw. Had medication.

1am- Had second medication( every 4 hours nurse comes to check on my IV drip and pass me medication)

Some Info about the Hospital Stay.

Stayed overnight in a room which was the top floor and facing the the tallest skyscraper in Kaohsiung which towers at 85 storeys or the second tallest in Taiwan after Taipei 101. Room was spacious had ensuite toilet and 2 sofas which can be reclined so people can rest inside. Also had Fridge and Plasma Tv.

Staff are well 7/10 at best. You have to put effort in talking nicely to get better service. I had to try to smile and put in nice words most of the time before they return the favor.

I am not sure but I find Taipei people more friendly and less harsh. Perhaps could be due to weather as Kaohsiung was really hot and polluting. Lots of people wear mask so when i wore mask even indoors, people did not look at me. I find them also more dark skin maybe due to weather again.

Day 2

Second day night I was walking out already and went to the famous LOVE RIVER to catch the Chinese festival. Massive display of lanterns and fireworks. the event was for the whole of FEB( GOOD time to be in Taiwan)TOO bad cant eat much.:sad:

I stayed at the T hotel Kaohsiung and I loved it.
Hotel has side entrance for secret entry to the elevator so good to avoid reception with my swollen face.
The room had NEW and well organized with plenty of tables for computer and make up desk which included a vanity mirror which had the magnified side so you can apply your post op care with precision! Had good breakfast. Had free use of Microwave and washing machine. Its about 200m away from FORMOSA BOULEVARD station. Cost about $1500 NTD/Night

Day 3

First Follow up to do cleaning which is much needed as i struggled to breathe.

He removed like 2 earthworms of mucus and blood yucks.

Day 5

Cleaning again.

Removed Ear Stiches

Removed Ear Cast and replaced with waterproof bandage.

Also removed nose cast and replace it with new bandage.

Finally can wash my hair! so itchy.

Day 7

Cleaning

Removed Cast and washed my face after 7 days!

Removal of External Stitches

Saw a bird nose as my nose look so projected!

He reaffirms me that its swelling!

Can finally breathe properly from about day 10 onwards.

Day 14

Cleaning

Removal of ear bandage

Final Check and Bid farewell.

After your reading about VIP facilities, I am abit envious about the treatment you guys have. They have all the post-up facilities like saloon, therapy and even accommodation!!

Guys got any link or photo of the clinic and accommodation. I would love to see it man.

IF VIP is a 5 star hotel, I think Dr Hsu clinic is a 3 Star at best haha.

In fact his clinic is like any Small GP clinic. The clinic is co-shared with another ENT btw. Its like a low cost clinic honestly.

Dr Hsu still operates quite abit of ENT patients.

When i did my 1st follow up I can say only 1/3 are rhinoplasty and the rest are just ordinary locals doing their allergy or sinus issues.

Its abit strange to be amongst them as their fees are probably like $20 while mine is like $6000.

Thats the only thing bothering me as you would wish to see more expensive patients.

I guess he is less commercialize. He has no English instructions and they are all purely Chinese so as his website. So most of his patients i feel will be Chinese In fact mostly are Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Taiwanese.

I guess this could be the reason he is less popular than Kao.

He also only exclusively use rib cartilage while Kao uses goretex and silicone.

Having said that I do like the fact he runs a small business that he attends to my emails and cleaning personally rather than by someone else.

I am about 3 weeks post op and I can see a reduction of about 10%-15% since day 7 to now.

If anything I think I look quite natural by day 14 and only a professional or someone familiar with surgery can spot that its swelling.

I wish my COLLUMELLA is abit more protruding from front view ( like ELVA HSIAO) and maybe I like my overall height higher by 1.5mm but he told me that there is a limit on how much height and projection can be done at a time.

He said that I should allow the skin to get use to the new expansion and let it 'stretch'

and any increment can be done after at least 6 mths.

Overall, I am reasonably satisfied.

I think there is an improvement. For now I wish it is a more aggressive change but Drs usually are conservative and willing to do within their own limit.

I did instruct him to go all out as i prefer a big nose. However my nose look like a medium-large now. So i assume its only going to reduce and refine.

Then again, it is early days still.

Anyway my ideal nose is as follow so if you know how to achieve that please feel free to input me some of your opinons.

Front view- From the top to the tip. Must look like triangle. Very Narrow on top and widest at the tip. Collumela out by 2mm-3mm. to create a triangular look.

Side, I like slight hump just after midway towards the tip.

Also like the tip to be at least double the height of the Alar.

My current favourite nose is Andy Lau

http://aspiringminimalist.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/28-andy-lau.jpg

Guess most feel so too that his nose is nice.

http://andylausounds.blogspot.com/2007/07/andy-lau-and-michele-reis-came-out-top.html

Andy way Will see what happens after 3mths and 6 mths.

ok feel free to share your views on the above info.

wait a min, dats too much information... ;p

wait...your ex?!?! :thinking:

To answer someones question...No I didn't particulary had a nose in mind nor did I bring a photo. I realize that everyone face and features are different. In my opinion, I think that it would be harder for the doctor to replicate the nose if I had chosen one. All in wanted was for my bridge to be narrower, tip more refined, and fix the deviation. I think Dr. Lee has enough skills to do what he think looks best to fit my face...But right now my tip is so bulbous, ah, maybe its the swelling. My face is still super swollen, my bottom half of my face that is. I am really scared and anxious when they have to take out my staples on my head..has anyone experience this, PLEASE SHARE! I think Uzura said that the stiches across the columella is not dissolvable, so that means they are going to have to take the stiches out...ahhh, does it hurt?? Sorry guys I am being a big baby, its just I've had a really bad recovery

Hi, I kinda agree e u that I would prefer dr lee to determine what kind of nosey I should be having. I will nt show him any pic too then. I m Sorry destiny, I have nt had my surgery yet, so I do not really know about about the situation there. But rest assure that it's gonna be fine! So far the reviews of VIP in this forum is extremely good! I'm sure they will try their best to minimize any pain or making u uncomfy in the process. =D

I have a question though, wat are the staples there for? Didn't hear it from others on the forum..

Hahha... Yes kain, my EX. Of course, nt due to my fake nose. He never know about it. Or perhaps, he did notice, but just too polite to ask..? =P

Rawdude, tat piece of info is for u. U can still hv the whatever-kind-of-kiss after your recovery. Tested n proven, fake nose wouldn't drop off in those situation.. Hahaha.. =x

Thanks for the tip anglefern! Wish I had consulted u guys before I click the "buy" button! Oh well.., I'll jus try my best to swallow whatever pills I can then. How many different kind of pills did the doc prescribe to u then?

rhinose -
If i nose was smaller i wouldnt mind so much, mind u im a girl and your a guy so maybe thats why u wanted a bigger nose like andy lau. My nose seems completely healed and has stayed the same height doesnt seem to be decreasing and if it did, i wouldnt mind so much.
I rate dr hsu's nurses 4/10 i rate dr hsu 9/10. Because he is really sincerely, genuine and caring... i personality talk to him and other things happened within my sceduale that made me see he is such an amazing person.. and would be.. an amazing father LOL
but anyways u can't expect taiwanese service to be good as korean service. I dunno.. i was just really disappointed.. and even in other hospitals.. they are only doing their jobs and being mediocre.. whereas in korea they dont just "do there job" but they try to do something out of their way to make you feel special.
But anyways if u wanted your tip to be like elva your thinking in the future u dont mind to get revision then right? Because Dr Hsu did want u about donated rib up too 40% and as u can see on here and other threads that the ones that get all wonky and warped are not ownself rib, but it's donated rib. I've read too many thats why i didnt decide on using someone else's rib. I even read some ethnical report that having donated rib used from dead ppl and how ppl dont even get why some ppl would logically do that. I really hope all goes well with yours, please take good care of your nose so it lasts for awhile.

Hi Vivi,

Pardon me for my ignorance,

mind telling me where you get the info for warping?

My understanding is that warping is like bending and it usually occurs if you use own ribs.

As ribs have their own 'memory', the natural curvature cause it to bend.

Whereas donated has already been treated and has been put aside to stabilize and not immediately applied to the nose. Downside is absorption but again its not definite as Dr Hsu has told me is base on the extreme cases and not on average.

Vivi, I suppose you did with Dr hsu. May i know how long ago and did you do any revision since. thanks.

I do agree with you guys that Korea might have better service as they are more commercialize. However, i was looking at the price of VIP and i think it is a good 40% more.

If I am paying that much more, I want to make sure the 40% is the results of the nose and not 40% of good service and facilities.

I am not sure which hospital you did yours but Dr hsu told me this renovated hospital is used for the recent 2 years.

Like I said the nurses actually i felt improved as I tried to smile and talk to them. They even joke and talk to me. Dun get me wrong they are not automatic which would be ideal or what you expect as an international patient. But i guess its due to the cost factor?

In terms of caring of nose, I was only told to avoid exercise/glasses for 2 weeks and swimming for 6 weeks.

I did some osteotmy but was told that 'exercise' was optional.

You guys have anymore tips on post-op care?

Any supplements you take? Im thinking of Vita C.

If you guys want pictures of the facilities and ammenties at VIP you guys can go to their website..I think its VIPNOSE.COM. Its really nice here and modern, well the areas that I have been. But there are computers with internet access all over... Ok I just checked they only have a few photos up. But really overall its really nice, however the theme color here is Orange and baby Green =T.
Anyways I feel alot better right now. This morning the nurse came in and I had to go to the 3rd floor which is where they change dressing and their facial room and have a mini room where they wash your hair (with a salon-type chair). Well Dr. Lee changed my dressing today, the other 2 days Dr. Jung had change it. Well BOY I was in for a suprise. They had the tubes taken out of my nose today. I ALMOST DIED! Granted, I think I am a slow healer compare to these other ladies here. But then Dr. Lee had 2 other pointy tweezers looking thing and was picking in my nose (dried blood?) and he had pull the packing out. Tears were sheding like waterfall, I don't even know if he had taken out the blue stiches yet, but I did feel some tugging on my columella. I know the first time when Dr. Lee changed my dressing, I almost past out =X, although it didn't hurt. But I guess I was anticipating pain and put my body through so much stress. LOL I scared my roomie for a day when she was waiting outside to get her dressing changed, because I left the rooms in TEARS! But I told her not to worry today, cause she is just having her dressing changed. But I told her to be prepared to be in pain tomorrow ;-0)
They finally took the IV out today, and I started taking my meds orally. I was fed ALOT today, I guess I needed to be on a full tummy for the meds. But the food was indeed delicious. I had yummy friend rice with some type of dark Curry, yellow radishes and some kimchee, which I didnt touch cause its spicy and will make my nose run. Then I had a place of banana slices and strawberries. Normally every morning they bring you a bowl of their infamous porridge. I have also been drinking alot of the pineapple that another member of this forum bought me =). I just need to release a mighty load--been constipated for almost a week...lol TMI?
Yeah they do spoile you here with food, JoAnne that is! Although I moved to Korea in November I never tried Korean pizza. I had a slice the other day, I think there is mung bean paste in the crust, corn, and the have jalapenos slices in between. I ate the crust first it was good, but then it got way to spicy so I had to throw it out. I also got a slice of DELICIOUS cake from the famouse Paris Bakery here, along with 2 pastries looking thing (keeping for home). I try to eat healthy when Iam at home, I excercise alot and am very proud of my 6 pack. haha OK well not 6 pack but there is a 6 pack like definition =0). So now my tummy is bloated, luckily I am still wearing the hospital looking like gown that they have everyone where here for surgery.
Although I feel better now, my hair itches and I feel so dirty. My skin is oily anyways, and I feel like I have all these white heads on the side of my nose; its really killing me not being able to pick at it. I really recommend that you guys bring baby wipes and a good lip balm! Those save my live here, literally!
@Megoreng I used fascia, that is why I have staples in my head. I think its for people who has thin skin, they harvest it from your head, and wrap it around diced cartilage??? Well my incision is slighty in back of my right ear, but more towards the top. I think it is harder for people like me who had that harvested and both ears. Because I do not want to put any pressure or even have pillows touch my ears.
I seriously need to considered doing somthing to my skin here. It seems like MANY Koreans have BEAUUTIFUL skin. Unfortunately my skin is kind of rough. I had presistent acne for years and years, I finally took a course of accutane and it cleared everything up. However, I am left with icepick scars =0(. Well I will ask JoAnne for a quote on the skin care here. But I think there are many other cheap places, which I am going to look into when I am nice and healed.

the myths of using own or donated ribs can only be proven on oneself when the time comes. lets X our fingas for now.
anyhow,@rhinose; multi vitamins, vita c shld aid in recovery but use with guidance as i know as i had experienced n said many times i had gastric problems along with multivitamins as they may cause indigestion after a surgery..
just eat natural n good food.. thats best for recovery.

meanwhile stay positive , cuz i believe u are what u think. mind over matters. just keep thinking u have andy lau s nose for now. lol ;p

hee sidenote; dunt really like andy's nose no offence, i mean its NICE in general n fits his face and its like his "trademark" iconic as a superstar. but actually; technically , its not a standard symmetrical nose. i would think the tip is slightly too long south.

then again we havent seen your pics! post us some and let us share opinions! TAIwan especially taipei is amazing too. love the food there too bad u cant eat at the night markets. unhealthy.

pls do update us!!!

hi everyone, i dont really know how to use this forum. do you guys mind to tell me if uzura will get any notice upon my post here? Thanks a lot. Im thinking to go banobagi for rhino. did anyone have any experience at banobagi?