BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Was quoted 1.5mil won. Bt cos mine is a simple case, purely dbl eyelid w no epi nor ptosis or watever kind of fold. Hv heard tat his fees can get quite ex. A fren was quoted 5mil won to correct some levelator muscles or smthing. I've had no prior exPerience of dbl eyelid so I can't tell e results yet, I jus know I look like a freak now. Lol! Will hv a separate post on e experience at teuims clinic later on.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided nt to have eyelids tat r parallel in the end. I still wan to look like myself. =) as to lateral canthoplasty, I asked bout it b4 I had surgery, they didn't think I needed it, so I didn't probe.

The "space" idea was according to Joann, nt sure if tats e way all doctors do it. But so far, although I keep hearing about the lateral procedure, have nt really known anyone who has it done in kr. Hands up, if anyone of u did, pls share experience. =)

[/QUOTE]

Hi, pain for nj is still quite ok for me, eyes r more painful. =x
Payment wise I followed the ancestors way. Jus bring cash n pay. Card payment mtd I gotta Check w Joann, think there an admin fee or smthing like that?

JuicyMe, well...I guess Angelplane explained the warping part ;) the first year the tip of my nose and bridge (goretex) was nice and I was pleased but then starting the 2nd year it begins to show signs of warping so the tip looks pointy now and both side of nostril shows a dent and this looks obvious when I am out in the sun. I am so self conscious. its tricky with cartilage...ear cartilage tends to warp and reabsorb over time even if the doctor is skilled at "breaking cartilage memory." Ear cartilage is not straight like rib cartilage, hence the risk of warping is more.
I also has flushed tip (slight pink) this is because the doctor didn't use fascia to cover the cartilage. My skin is thin so you can see the tip is slightly pink depending on the temperature of the day. When it is hot, the tip is fine but when it is chilly, the tip looks pinkish and this bothers me.

of course we can exchange photos.

My email address: [email protected]

Ohhh my, ok thanks for explaining. I will email u and we can discuss more there. Oof!!

angelplane, word of caution. I had a friend who went to BK DongYang clinic for fat transfer to forehead and guess what? It was all nice for first month but then now that it has been 4 months....the fat is gone just like what Rawdude experience,,,am I right Rawdude? Dr. Kim at BK told him to return 3 months later for another fat session but he doesn't trust the Dr. It doesn't make sense to store your fat cell for 3 months and expect it to survive...the cell is already dead so why inject 3 months later. I met Dr. Kim and he is into money. You come in for one procedure and they would talk you into getting more than you need. The sales girl has the same motive. I would never consider my surgery there..its like a factory producing the same cookie cutter type.

I had fat graft to my lower eyes in the US and it worked because you just have to go to the right doctor. it takes a skilled doctor to extract fat and then precisely inject certain amount. i am glad I had mine done because I would have looked older had I not have it done 5 years ago.

so, if I want to book surgery, i can just ask Joann to hold a date for me and pay full when I arrive? In America, you have to put a deposit to secure a surgery date...wondering if that is how it works in Korea. I emailed Joann but have not heard back

Please ask Joann when you are well about the information above. Is the clinic busy at this time of the year.

@deliriousgirl :thanks for the fat graft info. I had fat graft on my cheeks and it didn't go away, I guess it was because it was the area of expertise of my 1st surgeon. I guess it doesn't stay as long on forehead or chin. Nevertheless, I thought Dr Lee, who seems to be ethical, would have done it the proper way, meaning that it would stay longer, but apparently no, if Rawdude (maybe, he did it with Dr Lee ?) says it has resorbed.

By the way, with the description you've given, I wonder if my ear cartilage on my tip hasn't warped. Nevertheless, it seems that my tip was alwasy like that after the surgery. I only noticed that my tip had more definition because the swelling went away. That's the only change I noticed.

Ear cartilage is often used on the tip of the nose and due to it's irregular shape, it is often used in very small pieces. Although is possible for ear cartilage to change shape on it's own, the pieces are so small it usually would not be noticeable. What is noticeable is if the scar tissue surrounding the cartilage or the "pocket" contracts and ultimately exerts pressure on the ear cartilage changing it's shape and the way your tip looks. Ear cartilage is the weakest and most flexible of the three.

Rib cartilage is very strong but is more prone to inherent warping. - meaning it can withstand scar tissue contracture from changing it's shape but due to the material's grain the piece may be prone to change on it's own. The theory is that using the inner core of the rib produces a pieces less likely to warp. Septal cartilage is strong and less likely to warp. However, most Asians do not have enough to use for a big change or for a revision.

Thanks so much for the ear cartilage information JAMNYC~! I was wondering about it whether it will warp for long term basis, so I guess it really depends on how good is the doctor's work isn't it?

By the way, does anyone know if is okay to only do correction to nose tip without touching the nose bridge? Will it cause any risk of unevenness or asymmetry? I love the way my nose look but just wish my nose tip is more refine and I think is slightly bulbous for my face shape.

if you have a photobucket account, you can log in and delete the photos