BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

makemeheal.com

took sineech and their pre&post formula.

disclaimer: pls practise ur due dilligence when taking oral supplements. im only speaking based on what i've been thru, pls check w the qualified personnel for proper advise.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you guys who had the nj alreadt please tell me how your recovery went?

i had a really high fever which made the nurses worried. and i can't movr due to the rib pain

when didf your rib stop hurting? the doctor said that my rib pain is highr than other ppl cos i am too skinny

it is day 3 or 4 now and everyhting i still swollen. it hasn't gottenbetter at all

also, what did yoou guys do durinh recovery in the rec. room?

i'm justs sitting hretr drinking lots of water :/

i can't even eat anything cos of my mouth incisuons. my speech is distorted too cos i ccant move my lowerr lip

Hi WATERsKIN, here is what I recommend to have and avoid when undergoing surgery.

2 weeks prior to surgery discontinue/avoid any products that thin the blood, such as: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Excedrin, vitamin E, fish oil and garlic supplements. (Having thin blood during surgery could contribute to excessive bleeding, more swelling and/or bruising.)

Take only Tylenol (Acetaminophen) if you need something for pain before surgery.

Also stop smoking (or at least cut back heavily). Smoking causes vasoconstriction (narrowing of blood vessels) and may delay healing.

2-3 days prior to surgery, start taking Arnica Montana and Bromelain, and continue to take this for at least the first 3 days following surgery (during peak swelling). It will not harm you/your surgical result when taken longer). I usually take both for about 3 weeks post-op.

Arnica Montana can be found at places like Whole Foods or most vitamin shops, and online.

Bromelain is found in pineapples, so if you're able to get fresh pineapples, this is the best. The majority of Bromelain is concentrated in the core, (what is usually discarded) so try to buy the whole fruit and cut it up yourself. The core is pretty fibrous and tough, so you may find it more
palatable if blended into a smoothie. This way you can also add other fruits,
as you may get tired of pineapple. Hehe

Frozen peas are good to use as a cold compress. Just remember to use a face towel or paper towel as a barrier between the bag of peas and your skin. Swelling peaks at around 72 hours post-op, so cold compresses are only recommended/effective during this period. Some doctors recommend warm compresses after this, and some don't. Always check with your dr.

Some form of saline nasal spray is good to irrigate/moisturize the nasal passages following surgery. I like a brand called "Simply Saline". Your dr. may also prescribe or recommend other sprays and/or ointments.

And of course, as you know...Q-tips. :smile:

I hope this helps!

hey r u alright kain?

rest more n eat more nutritious food.

erm, my recovery was better then most ppl i think. day 1 & 2 was sleep, eat and watch drama. day 3 shopping already.. guess i'm fat so my rib didnt hurt tat much?

just do watever the doc and nurse instruct u to do. dont worry, u'll be fine yea? many ppl get fever after surgery though.

r u still in recovery rm?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Kain you are so CUTE!!!!!

This is funny man!!
i THOUGHT wHAT??? wHEN DID DESTINY go for a second round so suddenyl!!!

Tuesday, 26 April 2011, 17:07:46

wow i really losyt track of the time. think i said 3rd day but its only the second day?

ah, prolly cos i haven't been able to sleep snd the 12 hour clock

Kain,

right now is the highest peak of your swelling but remember.

It will all go better from now!!!

Just take medication for the pain if it is too hard to handle!!

YOu go BOy!!!!

thanks XD

and even i f ium not cute now, i will beb after the surgery XD

argh, jus my luck. i was trying to gain weight b4 surgery but i end up losing weight instead

my rib huuurts. i can't even move my right arm without it hurting

im still in recovery room

Hey guys.....
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know some of you all have message me for photos. but if you would email me first at [email protected] then Ill be happy to reply. Its easier for me that way....Anyways it has been 6 weeks since my surgery, and this was my primary. I don't mean to make you all insecure about your decisions, but this is my own personal experience. The people that I do meet are all post opt, I deleted most or all of my old photos on my FB. My sister just recently moved here and has been looking for an apartment, in the mean time I was staying with her and going clubbing/bars every night. *(HEHe I have to relive my teen adulthood...all I did was school and work, now that I am happily married and financial secured I thought I would enjoy myself before I have a baby.)* But anyways back on point...So I have been meeting many new people and somehow they all know I have a nosejob. I don't know if it makes any difference as all these are males? But since my surgery I have been pretty insecure and have been wearing a hat out in public for the last 5 weeks. You all asked what part seems fake? Hmm...well obviously its my scar, that is a dead ringer. I know I have to wait and be patient, but it is dark (dunno if its just me) and elevated around the incision. I normally always leave with concealer, foundation, and powder and it seems to still have a faint line afterwards. So I make sure not to tilt my head up that much. Even though I wear a hat it seems like everywhere I go people always compliment how beautiful I am (Korean Locals) and how much I resemble a Korean singer. But the guys that I have gotten to know never bluntly ask me if I had a nj, just indirectly. As you all know who reads this forum, I had a hard time adjusting to my radix, hence that is why I ALWAYS ALWAYS wear a hat(even to the bars & Club =T). I still think its high and to narrow towards the top, I think this is that part that looks unnatural.
But I guess its only 6 weeks....My next appt. will be the one at 3 months, by that time I am told I should have an idea of what my final look would be. I know many of you all are doing revisions, and for me I think as a first time and for those who are going to do it for the fist time should understand the amount of insecurity that arises and what you put your body and your mind through...its tough!
My husband, who I love never really supported my decision for my nj (fascia,ear & septal). He still has yet to comment on my nose aside from one time he said its just "too big". My sister who just moved here said my nose "looks good" but she is a sweetheart even if it was messed up she would never put me in a situation where I would just sit there and regret my decision. She did assure me that the radix will go down...I have yet to show my best friend/mother my nose. I just feel so embarrass to skype her, and always making excuses that my internet or webcam is broken.
Hmm....haa...feels good releasing some of this tension =). But ok guys that is just my input for the day. To those who are thinking about getting primary nj, make sure that is what you REALLY want. I don't doubt Dr. Lee's work, I think he is a good surgeon, and takes his time. There obviously are tons of his patients here on TPF who are satisfy.

Forgot to add: avoid those blood-thinning substances and smoking for 2 (or more) weeks after surgery as well.

And yes, what megoreng said: ask your doctor about the homeopathic (Arnica/Bromelain, etc.) before taking anything. I am definitely not a dr. :smile:

@Kain...I also too had a high fever the day after surgery and had a UTI. It was a pretty bad recovery. I stayed in the recovery room for about 5 days. Hmm...although I didn't had ribs and there were no stitches in my mouth. But all I did was sleep and went on the internet. JoAnn had to wake me up several time and told me to get my ass up and walk around haha, I had really bad swelling also! It should hopefully get better soon, good luck!