BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for accomodations...

I'm looking at some of these cheapo tiny rooms to stay in the area that cost like $30-$40 a night. Obviously, no services with that. I'm a little concerned that a disgruntled guy lit one of these places up on the same street that the surgery clinics are on and a bunch of people died. Just not sure what I'm getting into.

I've stayed at the renaissance hotel maybe a month in total and it is a great deal compared to comparable options. Seems like everyone there who isn't cleaning toilets lived in an English speaking country for awhile and are really helpful. I know the priceline price for this hotel is $120/night including fees so if I can go 1/2 with someone I'm definately going for that option.

My thinking goes like this... God forbid this should happen. One of us finds the other non-responsive. Calling emergency in Korea would be pretty pointless, but one of us could call the front desk who would definately know how to handle this.

It is a 45 minute walk from the hotel to apgujung area (I know because I did it several times).

You can probably tell from the romanization that 치과 are dentists. Still,
Dream is definately not back alley.

All these posts about how Korean (non-English speaking) surgeons are better than even VIP and Dr. Jung... I'm starting to wonder if I should go to a Korean doctor.

Does anybody know the doctors the Korean celebrities go to?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to go to a very good and reputable Korean clinic (that doesn't speak a word of English) and to hire a translator for a week. I just want to go to the best surgeon, don't want to mess this one up. Who's really the best in Korea amongst Koreans?

Also Dr. Jung's office is recommending I do a goretex bridge even though I said I only care about the tip and don't care that my bridge is flat. My biggest worry about getting a bridge done is changing the shape of my eyes. For the tip they want to use ear cartilage... does ear have the same high chance of warping that rib does?

hi migookinamja!

can you explain a little more about what you wrote in your previous post?
"Because if it were my first time I probably would only go to VIP, even knowing that they are overpriced." why would you choose vip if it was your first time? i thought you preferred dream clinic...

are you getting a revision rhino at dream? for what reason, if you don't mind me asking? dream was a heavy contender for me as well since there is a dream branch 40 minutes away from me. i figured, if something goes wrong, i can drive 40 minutes and bug the doctors as much as i want.

also, why are you aren't you getting a rino at your local dream clinic? why are you flying to korea?

i'm sorry for a the plethora of personal questions :P

i read that ear cartilage warps as well.. the the chances of that happening are not as high as rib though

@ migookinamja: When you mention Dr Park, I suppose you're talking about the one from Dream ? Are you having a rhinoplasty with him ? Does he do rib cartilage ? Is he known for being specialized in it ?

@Kain: You met one person who was not satisfied and did not want to share her experience, did she have rib cartilage rhinoplasty ? Is it because he made it bigger, thinking of reabsorption, or because of a swollen tip ? or a bridge that was too high ?

I think I am going to Korea very soon, so any info is more than welcome right now.

I would go to VIP because Joann would take care of me :smile: Not knowing anyone in Korea and not knowing how to get around, if there was an emergency, etc... I remember my first time in Korea, it's pretty frustrating when you can't figure out the basics.

Now, I know hangul which is really helpful sometimes because a bunch of stuff is written in English but in Korean script. I know a few words to read off of signs and can speak a word or two. I know how to say I hurt, I'm cold/hot, thirsty. Seems like pretty important stuff to me if going for surgery. That's why I would not choose Dream or any of the other Korean clinics if I didn't already have someone that knew these things. I also know many people in Korea, more as business aquantances but they are all very kind and I'm sure would help me out. I wouldn't have that going alone my first time.

No, this is my first rhino. I'm going to Korea because it's cheaper and I believe they know what they're doing. I'm not even Asian! Their volume of experience and knowing that that society doesn't value half-assing it like ours (America) does helped me. Still I probably wouldn't be going there if I couldn't use my miles for free first class tickets.

A family member who has contacts in Korea sent me a list of clinics that one of his contacts gave to him. He said these are very famous places in Korea for having rhino done but he did not personally know about any of them:

http://www.engbanobagi.com/nose/01_bnbg_nose.asp
http://eng.idhospital.com/en.asp
http://jwbeauty.net/

Anyone heard of any of them? Are they any good?

Yes, Park Yang Soo at Dream. 박양수 in Korean. He's specilized in noses as my Korean friend pointed out. I've searched for him in Korean. 성형외과 is plastic surgery in Korean. Dream shows up as #2 when you google it. I also saw he was an invited speaker at some conference on advocating closed rhinoplasty (what I'm going to have with him). All this stuff is circumstancial unless you speak Korean fluently. Everything I've seen points to that this guy knows what's he's doing. It's still a risk.

Edit: Hey, does Dream show up as #2 in anyone elses google for 성형외과? Because now it's showing up as #1. Just wondering if google is tayloring the searches because I've been googling the hell out of Dr. Park and Dream.

@jenstar11: You had a friend who changed her decision after seeing results from VIP ? What did she not like ?
I think I shouldn't change at the last minute, but I've always been concerned by the fact that some doctors seem to be very famous like Dr Park at Dream and others well known among foreigners.
Now, I think I'll have to do many consultations whereas at the beginning I thought that being distracted by unimportant things like it can happen in consultations (kindness of doctor or how modern the building is) was not a good thing to do. But I also realize that I relied mainly on comments from this Forum. I'm sure in Korean forums, many are ecstatic about their own surgeons.
I don't know what to do ...
There is only one thing that convinces me that I want rib cartilage, it is that Dr Wang (I would not go to China and I don't think he can revise nostrils) said that if I wanted projection of my tip, rib cartilage is necessary, my 2nd surgeon also said that my tip would never be projected unless I use a hard material. So, Dr Lee seem to be the expert on rib cartilage.
Please, to everyone who had a rhinoplasty, share your experiences :smile: As the summer is approaching, we're all soon to be operated.

@migookinamja: Closed rhinoplasty is more for primary rhinoplasties, I am doing a revision. But it means he is conservative, which is always good.
I'll have a consultation with him just to make sure.

When are you going? Tell him I said hi. Are you doing consults first and then returning or doing it all in one shot?

it shows up as #1 on my search as well :smile:

may i ask why you're getting a rhino?