BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

now that u mentioned; her nose looks outa place.
was dat silicon? or rib rhino? looks silicone?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rights dat explained why not much swellings. no major reconstruction...

gd for her, those with original nice bridge just need tip augmentation

hi ppl^^

I really hope my surgery will be a drastic one because I want the changes to be noticeable and do not mind my friends, relatives or others opinion. I just want my time, effort and money to worth the result.:sad: I had done my research on doctors and clinics whose work look dramatically different from the before and after.
O&Young Nose: http://koclub.com/board/view.asp?B_CATEGORY=0&B_CODE=B_Gallery&tID=110&sID=253&IDX=1450&gotopage=1&search_category=&searchstring=
IDHospital Chin:
http://www.idhospital.com/dolchul/clinic/photo_list.asp?cat_id=d
But sadly, the cost of the surgery is too expensive. O&Young charge a minimum of 9,000USD for rhinoplasty. IDHospital’s genioplasty surgery cost 4,600USD.:cry:
Dear readers, are there other Korea clinic that produce drastic work and the charges is not too expensive? I hope to know more about other clinic which may cost cheaper or produce even better result which I may not notice them? Please leave a link or pm me the website so I take a look.:sad:

Hey migookinamja,

I don't think I'll be going in July anymore. Anyways, thanks for all the information.
Good luck with your surgery! :smile:

What prices did everyone get quoted from VIP for materials?
I was quoted for:
Septal cartilage + ear cartilage + silicon bridge, Surgical cost= 4,300, Anesthesia =US$ 500.

Rib cartilage tip + rib cartilage bridge = $7700, anesthesia = US $800.
Are these prices what everyone had when they went to VIP?

Also Dr. Lee said that he would use 'rib cartilage for both bridge and tip'.
Did anyone have typical Asian nose with low bridge, short nose and bulbous tip had rhinoplasty and would like to share some photos of before and afters? And share what materials they used. I'm real curious as I haven't seen much photos on the net about this fixing of the 'bulbous' nose. If anyone has a good site of these before / after shots please share as I think I overworked my search browser and had a brain freeze about search words -_-

@rawdude, i've read all the posts in part 1 and 2 of asian NJ but going through it was much more psychological, emotional and friggin uncomfortable than I could imagine. I think after you've passed the "run-over-by-a-bus" stage then maybe you start thinking it was a piece of cake cos I never actually experienced any pain. Yes I may post a photo of b&a once i've healed and let you all know what I think of Banobagi's work. Oh gawd, I hope I don't get addicted, I've already burnt a massive hole in my pockets..

@angleplane - it's a good idea to do nose and jaw separate if you can afford the spaced out healing time! Cos havin both mouth AND jaw restrictions REALLY SUCKS right now! OMG I hope the silicone doesn't go blue! I don't think it's true though cos it would be a big thing people would be complaining about right? I heard that 90% of patients in Korea use silicon and we dont see actors walking around with blue noses in winter right :smile:

Well I never visited Teium because Kara got her dark circles done at Dr.Koh's and I liked the results so just did eyes there although he is known for fat grafts and not eyes. Me and 2 other forumers consulted a comfy handful of doctors:

1. Dr. Jang of Shimmian (Dr. Jung was on a business trip)
2. Dr. Lee of VIP -twice
3. Samsung Line (lined up with Dream/JW/VIP etc on the same street!)
4. Banobagi - twice
5. Dr. Song
6. Dr. Koh

We didn't want too may options as consulting is sooo tiring and we didn't want to spread our procedures out with too many doctors as our time is limited here..

Bdw, so sick of soymilk right now. Can't even drink SOUP until 5 days post-op!! I feel so fragile.. eerrggh.. fooood... hamburger!!!! O_O

Sorry, the replies here are so fast I can't keep up! I remember someone asking me why I didn't end up going with the clinics I'd originally chosen.

The reasons why I didn't end up choosing VIP for nose:

1. Incredibly overpriced
2. Bumped into another forumer there who wasn't too happy with her nose (you can read about her experience ie. Destiny). Her nose was pretty and suited her face but her 3 mth post-op incisional scar was still red. We compared it to Dorkiegirl's incisional scar at only 10 days post-op which was barely noticeable with a special "w" cut which the Dr at Banobagi uses.

Reason why I didn't go to Dr. Song was only because I didn't want to have my procedures done separately. I would definitely go to him if I were to get jaw done though. Sweet prices but do not bargain with this guy man, he FREAKED OUT when we asked for a discount.

basically most of the time i believe dr lee's style; he will defat your tip if he finds it necessary, highlight to him what u want for your nose, some sample pics will help give him an idea.

but he will reduce the weakness n flasw u have on your nose and correct them during surgeries.

y not post some pics of your nose here so we can advise u.

RIb rhino is quite a major surgery, for a drastic change, for correcting major problems.. there is a tough recovery phase you need to prepare yourself with, more pricely, ugly scars you need patience to deal with and swellings for months years depends on individual.

this and that if you had read thru.

is your alar wide? depends on your profile, they may suggest paranasal and fat grafts n such to go along with your surgery to balance it out.

tell us more about your nose and what do you need.

ask all you want here and number them. easier for everybody.

@1 -- overpriced on which procedure? as far as i know rib rhino priced competitively

@2-- i know destiny's situation. and many others who r unhappy recently; anyway all i can say is one word : impatience
about the scar: hey im at 4mth and my scar is hardly visible now. couple of them healed at 2nd 3rd month? ask mixedgirl!(if i remb she hardly have scars as she been applying pfizer ointment)

about that" w" cut. idk. i have that used on me too with vip, fyi- its nothing special. its a technique widely used in many clinics there is a purpose to it which i cant remb- its about camouflaging or something.joan told me.

about bumps
joan had explained those bumps to them and many others many times.

even without her explanations; it is logical to understand that ;

bones and cartilages harvested to be reconstructed, like jigsaw puzzle. they r of uneven shapes n sizes, during surgery surgeon tried his best to craft them nicely to each fit for support and recorrection for deviation and such( especially for severe cases or previously blotched cases; very difficult).

as the parts merged overtime uneven swellings and irregular absorption causing these tiny bumps, they are usually hardly noticeable but u can feel them if u press on, infact this autologous methods are like this.accept it.

it is almost impossible to have a smooth and perfect shape no matter how good the surgeon is, its not totally about his skills, its about individual body reaction. this method is not crafted by a machine or robot or pre-made to fit all; just like silicone-goretex

the thinner skin people tend to experience them than the thicker skinned ones.

its abt how your body adsorb overtime.some of them will go away overtime. if your nose absorption is high and u ll tend to experience them.

afterall; many of them are till at healing stage; patience patience patience!

I'm now 3-mths postop for my ribs rhino. Folks I've not posted for a long time, am busy and I need some quiet time to deal with the recovering process.

Pl think twice bout plastic surgery (esp ribs rhino which is reputed to require LONG recovery) if u r impatient, you won't turn into a beauty instantly. In fact, u'll go thru a period of extreme ugliness, extreme discomfort, emotion turmoil and doubts about your "new look". And as it heals, u start worrying if it'll turn out well, and when u feel the "sensations of healing" (skin contractions, muscle pulls, needle-pokes from nerves healing, uneven swelling causing distortions, swelling that come and go, scars...), u feel scared if something has gone wrong.

I've gone thru' all these. 1st 2 wks my nose looks like a pig's and my whole face was swollen beyond recognition, but it got better each day. At 3 mths, all the swelling on my face's gone, my nose is beginning to show it's shape, radix and upper part of bridge settles to a nice height I'm happy with, my tip is still swollen, so it's yet too early to tell if the final product will be what I want. But I'm patiently waiting cos I know it may take 6-12 mths b4 the final shape shows.

b4 u walk into any surgery, pl pl be mentally prepared for the worst. Do your reseach well, look at b&a pics, but use that only as a reference, cos everyone's facial structure and skin thickness is different (a doc can only do so much on your original foundation) and diff person's tissue healing & scar contraction can hugely "alter" the final results.

If what u see postop is not what u expect, dun be too quick to blame it on the doctor, dun be too quick to call the surgery a failure. Give yourself some time, communicate nicely with the doctor to clear your doubts and find out how you can manage some of the "symptoms" - like proper cleansing, arnica gel to control the swelling, applying antisep cream, applying scar cream, putting silicone tape to prevent a "raised scar" and to make the redness and discoloration go away faster, or even take some supplements to aid healing - these are things u can control. The rest, if u can't control it, be patient, live with the healing process and review at 3-mth, 6-mth, 1-yr interval, b4 u judge if it is a success. This way, it is less stressful.

btw - I din have any "bumps", in fact, the bridge area looks very straight and "smooth" (perhaps it's becos doctor covered d cartilage with a layer of perichondrial tissue which is the ribs cartilage membrane covering which he conveniently harvested as well, he did it becos I have thin skin on my bridge he din want the ribs cartilage outline to show when my skin contracts around it). My columella scar is healing nicely, it is only a very faint line now (and I have been lazy, not applying any cream to it at all), the scar on my chest is still red, but I've been applying silicone tape so it wasn't raised at all, it's just reddish.
My tip is still hard and swollen (bulbous esp from a front view) - despite the thin skin on my nose bridge, the skin on my tip is extremely thick, so I'm prepared that my tip will never be sharp and refined, that I can live with, doctor told me b4 hand.

Yep, Dr Lee.
He uses a simple straight cut on me. I din ask him why but he uses both methods based on his judgement of the skin texture. There was another gal I met during my surgery and she had d W-cut and for her, doctor harvested fascia from a separate scalp incision to be used on her thin bridge skin (cos her perichondrial membrane is too thick) so I guess he makes these decision on what to use based on individual's requirements during the surgery itself. But no harm asking him specifically about these details during your consultation so that you are prepared.