BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

is this list all VIP dr lee patients? (unless otherwise noted)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually exit at #6 and just walk straight there without having to cross the road. After speaking to the girls, they told me you better call up first, sorry! Cos last time we rocked up without an appointment, they told us to come back in 2 hrs.

Hmm.. honestly, none of us Banobagi girls are happy yet. But we did have ****loads of procedures done at the same time, so maybe swelling is taking longer than expected :/

@ Crok/Taeyang - Yeh, all 3 of us girls did mandible/zygoma and nose at the same time, so recovery was hell for us! I will put pics when I am at 2 weeks post-op. Me and dorkie girl are hoping our noses will go down... I don't want to evaluate so soon in case the noses turn out wonderful down the road..

Anyone who's been to Banobagi know how long it takes for the tip to droop and by how much?? I feel a lil bit piggy on the side :sad:

Part 1

Hello everyone !

So, I'm alive and the healing process is going well.
In fact, as soon as I woke up, I could stand up and check my emails, but I was very tired and just wanted my body to rest.

So, I arrived in Korea, VIP clinic's driver picked me up, I was dropped at Officetel. I told Joann in advance, and by email, that I was planning to do my eyes first. So, initially, I wanted to be operated one week after my arrival, I wanted to do other consultations first to make sure that I would have no regret. But, anyway, I did so much research, I thought that it didn't really matter that I did the rhinoplasty 2 days (there was a slot available due to a cancellation) after my arrival because it is never good to change your mind at the last minute (because of stress, or because one could change their mind because of the appearance of a building, or the equipment used in the consultation and these are details compared to all the research I did prior to my arrival).
Joann said I should take that slot 2 days after my arrival and for that, she could help me to have my eyes done first at Teuimps. The fact that I chose another clinic did not interfere with me having the rhinoplasty at VIP 2 days after getting the accommodation, it didn't change anything if I was sleeping in the room or doing other stuff outside-like having my eyes done-). Also, I was set on my choice for Teuimps, so she did not insist to make me have my eyes done at VIP. Also, if I didn't do my eyes first, I would not have done the rhinoplasty before the eyes.

So, I arrived at Officetel. I slept. I woke up and Joann picked me up to drive me to VIP clinic. I had a consultation with Dr Lee.
Overall, the consultation was very satisfying. It felt a bit like I had to go straight to the point because soon he would have another consultation.
But, anyway, in general, he will make sure that the consultation is thorough and that you asked everything you wanted to ask.
My advice is : get yourself ready, be prepared, you must know which questions to ask, point out which points are important to you because you will not have time to think of your questions especially if you have many of them. Also, if you know how to draw, it could be a good idea to draw a nose that you like and explain why, same for a nose that you do not like (if you're afraid there's a risk it could turn out like that).
I think drawings are better than showing movie star pictures because if the person's nose is completely different, Dr Lee may think that your expectations are too high and at the end he will just ask you what are the specific traits of your nose you want to correct.
I think the ideal would be to write a list of five points and say for example:
I want my bridge raised by 3mm, a thinner tip, more tip projection, not flaring nostrils etc. Then, show a picture of the nose that has the feature that you like or show a drawing with this specific feature. I had my laptop with me to show the pics.
I drew noses that I liked and did not like (eg: I drew triangular nostrils and wrote "No", and then, I drew round nostrils and wrote "Yes"). So, at least, it's clear and simple and it goes straight to the point.
It is important that the points that matter to you are stated clearly, he must not be confused, and he is very busy so the consultation cannot be extended for too long.

Also, you only have one consultation, then, you have a quick recapitulation of what you want right before you're surgery and you're operated !

Since I had my eyes done at Teuimps, the nurses removed the dressing (Teuimps would have done it the next day anyway), then, they took a picture of my face.
I had an air shower before entering the surgery room, never saw that before, it is always good to have the dust removed out of you, if you have any, but it seemed like a big gadget. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly surprised since I never saw that before. (continuing...)

Part 2:
Quick review about Teuimps: Dr Kwon was very meticulous, he spent 4 hours to do my eyes. It started with local anesthesia and as it was lasting, he had to do an IV sedation, so I wouldn't feel the pain when the local anesthesia wore off (I think local anesthesia is a numbing cream, no needles). I only had a catheter on my hand (no needle injections of anesthetic products) which was useful since I needed an IV sedation at the end.
He told me to open and close my eyes almost 10 times, this is how meticulous he was.
He did ptosis correction (mine was very slight and only on one side), double eyelid, magic epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty (the latter required the IV sedation, we were at 3 hours of operation). Every time, I was put to sleep, I felt like in a dream, so it was alright. I felt no pain, it just feels weird that someone is cutting your eyelid and he used a laser to cut my skin and it smelled like grilled dried cuttlefish I thought...), so he had a state of the art equipment, he took the time, he knew what he was doing. So, that was perfect for me.
I was very satisfied after he finished and everyday as it is de-swelling I am super happy, I will finally be able to go out without eye make up.
As for lateral canthoplasty, usually, they say it is for medical conditions, I don't regret doing it but I'm not sure that it was needed, also I feel the dry air in the corner of my eyes, it is uncomfortable, I hope this is temporary, if anyone had lateral canthoplasty and had the weird feeling and it disappeared, let me know.
But overall, I think I could not have gone to a better place for eyes (maybe Bandoeyes, but I cannot speak for them as I have not been operated there).
My eyes are exactly as I wanted them to be, but it is still swollen so, I should not be too enthusiastic.

So, to go back to my surgery day at VIP for the rhinoplasty. The dressing of the eyes was removed by the nurses, they took pics, I laid down, they were nice with me, as all the nurses at VIP and then, I fell asleep as I only remember seeing the nurses before I woke up from the surgery.
So, I did not see an anaesthetist coming in, maybe it is not needed for an IV sedation and the nurses can just put you to sleep.
I woke up and had no pain, but also I was mentally prepared for it. I only had chest pain from the rib cartilage harvesting.
Surgery duration: 2 hours rib cartilage harvesting
6 hours for the rhinoplasty.
Total: 8 hours
I can't believe he spent 8 hours for my operation. I think it is very rare to find a doctor that would spend so much time to make your nose look as you want it to be, it also shows that he is very meticulous and tries his best to give the best nose he can give you. I lack words to describe how much he is caring for the patient's good. It shows his integrity, humanity, perfectionism, genuine kindness, honesty. I know he tried his best, he even took the documents I gave him (pics, drawings) during the surgery according to Joann. He called Joann to show her the end result, I don't know if he always does that, if not, I guess this is a good sign for me. I still have my cast on, but from the B&A pics, the patients I've seen at the clinic 8 days post-op, the fact that he tries his best, and I saw my swollen bridge quickly, I am sure that I currently have the best nose (according to the features I asked) that I can possibly have with the nose I initially had. I can't believe that is even possible. After my rhinoplasty in India, when I said I wanted some corrections about my drooping tip, the doctor said that I just had to accept my nose as it was, but in Korea they immediately know that a long drooping tip can be corrected by more projection). My surgeon in India was saying that all the cartilages available on my face were too weak to project my tip the same way as I was showing the projection I wanted with my fingers, he said my face cartilage are not as strong as my fingers, but the thing he didn't know was...rib cartilage :smile: or maybe, he just didn't mention it to me. So, I have found a doctor specialized in Asian noses and in rib cartilage with amazing results from previous patients, I couldn't go wrong. At some points, I was wondering if this Purseforum was not, just all fake, and that some members were just part of the staff, but that was just my imagination. It is hard to believe that from what we see on the computer screen, the things we see or talk about virtually can actually happen to you in real life.

Also, I wanted to say that those that might not be totally satisfied after surgery (taking into account that the nose is very swollen after surgery), it might be because they didn't properly explain to Dr Lee what they wanted to have. He cannot guess your perception of beauty. In the West and in Asia, we don't have the same perception of a beautiful nose. For example, I asked for a very short nose, Dr Lee said Park Si Yeon's nose was too short (as several of his Asian patients want to lengthen their noses I guess), and I said "I see what you mean, but I like noses that are very short."

So, what I mean by that is: if you expect to go to a surgeon, and wrongly imply that he will have the same perception of beauty as you do, then, you might end up with a different nose than what you thought would have been a nice nose. Eg: you could get a high bridge, whereas you would have liked an upturned, curved nose that requires the radix to not be low (source: Dr Jung's website).

So, know what you want, and ask him what can be done and he will try his best.

Also, it seems that a lot of people have a deviated septum but they never know about it, even their previous surgeons would not even mention it (that was my case), it took him a long time to correct my deviated septum. This also shows how much he cares for the patient's good, because correcting this takes ages, probably other doctors just go straight to the tip or do the alarplasty right away so the patient sees a dramatic result and will be happy with it.
Dr Lee corrects everything from the foundation.

I also feel like I can breathe better even though I never thought I did not breathe even better than before my surgery (I mean I was breathing normally).

So, yep. To me, all that matters is the nose you get at the end. Therefore, all that counts is a skilled surgeon that cares for the patient. Dr Lee is the only one that I can say met these standards.
I stopped considering Dr Jung when I read that he lied to one of his patient, he said he used goretex (or another implant) whereas he used donated cartilage, I think it was Townstory's testimony, but I'm not sure. If he can lie once, it does not show that he genuinely cares for the patient. Also, he has the reputation of saying that everything is possible, and that is not a very good sign. Finally, most of his patients' complaints are from those who wanted rib cartilage rhinoplasty, he is not as much of an expert as Dr Lee concerning this technique, so this is why Dr Lee was my choice.

As to Dr Toriumi in Chicago, out of the question, it seems that he is using his patients as guinea pigs.

Also, it seemed that most of the patients of VIP were satisfied of their rhinoplasty, so Dr Lee was also a safe choice if we consider statistics.

Also, I did not consider goretex, nor silicone because it is not natural, so your body would normally want to reject it (I think), also it causes scarring which makes a revision rhinoplasty even more difficult.

Concerning the rib nose swelling, the nose is much more swollen than if you have silicone or goretex, but I think it is better to think of the long term, since no one wants to correct their nose all the time. It can be a bit scary at the beginning if we think that it will stay as it is few days post-op.
The nose will become more defined after months and even after years. I asked Dr Lee to show me which B&A pics my tip definition would look like and he said that my tip would be different every month, and in one year, in two years and even in three years. So, I'll be pleasantly surprised as each day goes by. I'm quite happy, I like the feeling of hope that my nose will look prettier every day.

For the rest, the clinic is super modern, clean, everyone is very nice.

So, that's my experience.
I will have my zygoma, mandibular cut and masseter done at Smallface, I'll let people know about it on the Cozycot forum if you're interested (cheekbone thread).

@BBgurly: it was nice to meet you, it made me realize that this Purseforum was really for real... :smile:
You look much younger with your new nose as compared to the before picture you showed me on your phone.

@Kain: You have no idea how many guys you inspired to do rhinopasty+genioplasty, I met one person that came to do the exact same thing as you.

I was almost going to do a genioplasty, but Dr Lee Seung Chan (from Smallface) said that if I had a swollen chin, he would not be able to do my face contouring, and I know that he will make a drastic change as to the width of my face, so I did not do the genioplasty with VIP.
Even tough, now that my tip is projected and that I have paranasal implants, my chin looks even more retruded. But it's alright, small chins are cute from the front view. I think Dr Lee from VIP pays a particular attention to a beautiful profile view. I think my front view is more important as I see it everyday in the mirror. Also, a Korean lady was surprised when I said that I wanted to do a genioplasty to make my chin bigger, she said "in Korea, we like small chins because it makes you look young" and also I was alright with my chin before considering genioplasty. Nevertheless, it is possible that I come back to Korea to have this genioplasty since my nose is much more projected now.

By the way, I was worried about my two front teeth that felt numb and I met a patient who had rhinoplasty with Dr Lee and said that one and a half month after her nose job the roof of her mouth still felt numb and same for some of her front teeth. She talked about nerves that could have been touched and said it is probably temporary.
I found a reassuring post on another forum : "I wouldn't worry. I had numb teeth for ages too. It's probably just an indication of the extent of the work done in the tip area."
So, if you also wondered, I guess there is no need to worry about that.

Oh no, I'm starting to worry. Part of reason I want a nose job is that I dislike how my nose is turned up (b/c it's short). It kind of looks like a piggie's nose, I think.

I tend to let my paranoia get the best of me though.

I'm sure your noses are just swollen. With time they will go down and it will look awesome. This is my more reasonable side. :smile:

Angleplane,

How functional do you feel after having your eyelids/nose done? I have to get back to work after the weekend I do my surgery, so I'm hoping I feel good enough to read/write/speak for work.

Thanks!

Congrats, and happy that u have a pleasant experience. I too felt very lucky that I found a good and honest doc in Dr Lee, and his passion rubs off his entire staff, that's why you find everyone so nice and caring at the clinic. I had numbness in my 2 front teeth as well (felt that they could drop off any moment) but the problem went away after about 3 weeks. Yes it is due to some nerves severed during the surgery but nerves will regenerate, I read they grow back 1-3mm daily.

btw, how long are u going to stay in d officetel? I'm heading to VIP week after next, for a follow up check, to get some lipo done and hopefully use some of it to fill up the nasio lines. If u r still there, I'll see u. I don't look forward to the needles, but I look forward to meeting the nice folks at the clinic again.

@catlover come find me!!! I will be in korea at vip next week,.. So nervous

congrats girl, happy for ya after having so much research done. finally got what you wanted. happy healing, meanwhile pls do update us on your nose and VIP happenings! post some pics remb!

enjoy seoul!

After the surgery ended I could see well if I did not have the ointment on my eyes.
Since they put a lot of ointment and you need to put some 3 times a day, I'd say you can see well after 2 days.

But also, I need contact lenses to see and I couldn't put them on. So, I did not see well, I could read after the one night of sleep, just because the oinment went on the sides.

I look very swollen, maybe it will go down after one week (after 7 days they remove the stitches) and I think the after pics on their website are 7 days post op but I am not sure.