BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

i just got an xray at the dentist and saw my chin bone with the wires in it. i think i mentioned before that dr lee made the cut that extended almost to the back of my jaw, i was wrong. it is actually a standard cut. i jus have a sort of notch in my jaw line that i never noticed until now, so when i felt along my jaw, i just assumed that is where the cut was made.

anyhow, i need to decide whether to get my wisdom teeth removed or not.
if i get it removed before i turn 19, the cost is covered 100% by the government. otherwise i have to wait at least a year until i have a job cos i barely have enough money for tuition and textbooks.

anyone care to share their experience getting their wisdom teeth out? by pm or forum. thanks

my bottom two wisdom teeth are pointing straight forward btw, at 90 degrees to how it is supposed to grow. i have a feeling that this will hurt even more than rhinoplasty ;_;

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had wisdom teeth taken out under iv sedation. I don't remember anything about it and felt no pain. I was restricted with chewing, but that's to be expected. Overall, no big deal.

i gotta ask my dentist if he uses iv sedation. i hope he does :S

i just watched a youtube clip of the procedure. it looks like they actually cut away all the gum, exposing the bone. and then they pull the tooth. were your teeth impacted? cos i think if it is, then the extraction is more complicated

I got my wisdom teeth out, only 3. Two of them were over in 5 minutes. One took maybe 15-20 and hurt so bad (only local sedation) for about 30 seconds. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. But then it was over it was fine. The healing wasn't too painful. Only ibu profen for me, even though I was given vicodin I didnt take it.

It wasn't bad at all but I have pretty high pain tolerance. I've had 3 tattoos, one shoulder tattoo that took 2 hours, and that wasn't so bad either. The only reason that one tooth hurt so much for the 30 seconds it did was cause it was too far for the anaesthesia to reach.

I'm sure mine were messed up. I had to get them out because they were running into my other molars. I thinks it's fine if yours are messed up. You don't want it to be borderline and for them to give you local. I'm sure rhino hurts less than it appears on youtube. Gues I'll find out next week.

Awww poor thing! My wisdom teeth surgery was painless, but I was put under general anesthesia. It was awesome, lol.

thanks guys. i wonder if i'm gonna get iv,general or local... i remember only getting local for previous extractions when i was young, but that isnt really indicative of my molar extraction.

Hi angelplane...

I'm glad you are better!!

wow..you went through two rib surgeries and got the same bumps as a result? i'm so sorry to hear. Yea, mine started out like a piece of sand but it didn't stay sand-like unfortunately. It got bigger and bigger. Perhaps i should've gotten it shaven down earlier when it was still hardly noticeable. I didn't want to discourage people on here from getting rib either because I think autologous graft is the way to go too, but it's one of the down side to using rib.
are you getting a revision with vip? yea.. i don't like the fact that they say those bumps will just magically disappear. my advice is if those bumps are present on the nose bridge, one should get it shaven down as soon as possible. don't wait so long like me and hope it'll go away. sorry if i sound so pessimisstic, but i learned it the hard way.

they put me sleep twice to took 4 of my wisdom teethes and 4 extra teethes on my bottom jaw, the first time i got it done when im 16 cuz my wisdom teethes i guess came out early and have no room to come out, they put me sleep but not sure iv or general, all i know is i fall sleep and when i woke everything done, they have to put me sleep cuz my case were more complicate i guess, they have to cut my gum to take those bad a** teethes out lol, it hurt few hours after i woke up, i took the whole week of from skol, my face were swollen too:sick:, not a very good experiment:tdown:, cant eat for a few days, all i can eat was soup, the second time i have it done when im 19, it actually not as bad as the first time and i have to take 4 extra teethes i have under on my bottom my jaw again they put me sleep cuz this time they have to cut my gum again, dont want to scare you just my personal experiment, ohh and i have 36 teethes total, i knw everyone call me freak lol

Oh.. its been 2 weeks since my genioplasty and my lip is still kinda numb. Hopefully it gets better soon.

My nose was originally much slimmer than now so hopefully its just the swelling. I dont know about absorption. I asked doctors from realself.com and the majority said rib cartilage doesn't really absorb. So now im worried that Dr Lee overaugmented expecting absorption.

Hey guys,

I previously mentioned that the Banobagi nose "W" scar was really faint. Unfortunately, I found that it was barely noticeable immediately post-op but towards the end of the first week, it did go red, and still is red at 20 days post-op. It will probably start fading from hereon..

Anyway, just at update with my Banobagi nose.. it is still a little high for my face, but the nose itself is beautiful. Anyone know how long it takes for septal + tip plasty to droop and by how much from your experience??

Thanks!

Hi reiyuna,

Do you mind telling me how much you have paid for the tip plasty w/septal and jaw reduction at banobagi?

Are you girls staying at Noblesse?

Im heading there in a day and plan to get the same thing done at bano too.

Thanks!

this cream really good. i had fraxel n prp n fcr.. and this cream + some other restorative cream combi saved my face from damages. i didnt peel at all. just red for 2 days or so and recovered...

will want to get some from vip next visit..

hi mind posting the realself article which doc mentioned that RIB rhino will not be absorbed ? for what id read was different.. most of them said it will be. about 5-10% over the years