BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Very true. If your friends are not genuinely supportive and pro surgery, I wouldn't say anything. Your results are subtle, so I wouldn't worry about it.. in fact I'm sure you will forget about the surgery in a few months once the shock of getting rhinoplasty wears off.

In other news, today is Day 17 post surgery. I went to the gym, walked on the treadmill and did light weights, and also went on the bike. My rib does not hurt, so I will keep it up and hopefully be back in my dancing classes in a few weeks. Wish I could get back in the water but you have to keep the rib wound dry for at least 2 months.

Btw, I bought silicone tape/steri strips? for $20 at the pharmacy here. They tend to peel off on the sides, so I'll probably cover them up with one of those huge bandaids during showers.

On the rib wound, there is a black horizontal stitch, OR it could be scabbing? I'm not sure since I don't want to touch it.

I feel more confident to go out without makeup, now that my face is more 3-d. The balance of my face is better than before. My nose has been rapidly deswelling. It looks nothing like when I left Korea a few days ago.

My smile is ugly now. Not only that, but it takes more energy to smile than it used to. So I look like a snob, which is fine if it's temporary... but at some point I have to return to work!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of the things I say will be repetitive.

I hated my nose after surgery - I remember posting my horror feelings about my nose and fat grafts right after surgery on this forum that it made people question about VIP. haha. But I am starting to like my nose now - and it is almost 2 months. I think with time, you will start to have a different feeling about your nose.

Your nose feels like it is pulling, stiff and hard because the tissue is healing. I think Rawdude or BBgurly or someone said something like you will feel pins and needles feeling in these upcoming months as you heal. It will be stiff, hard and uncomfortable. Now that I am in my second month - my nose feel a lot less stiff and I can move my mouth and scrunch my face a bit more now. My nose doesn't feel like it is stiff and pulling anymore - only when I put ice on the sides.

It is perfectly normal to have a roller coaster feeling about your nose. You hate it, then you like it, then you hate it again. Many people are like this.

Keep in mind that with RIB you will have a more dramatic effect during the initial period of healing!!! I have somewhat come to accept this truth, although it was the most difficult part for me to get over.

I hope this will help calm your worries. Although it is okay to worry about these things. wish you the best in healing.

Hey chica - what happened to the bump on your columella? Did it get better? Haven't heard how your nose has been healing these past few weeks. I hope everything is well!

You only mentioned the scan plus the money issue, but what about all the other problems yellowsuitcase and I addressed? Maybe that is the real reason as well. I guess you should understand why no one wanted to room with you so that's why VIP paid for your hotel and not because they finally recieved the money.

A business is still a business.

Anyway, even though some people can read part of angleplane's negativity with VIP but please also look at the positive ones. No clinic is perfect by the way. Like I said before, you can't expect a clinic to have 100% positive reviews. But 1 unhappy review doesn't make a clinic automatically bad.

@angleplane you arrived on the 6th but didn't plan to be operated on until the 20th.. were you going to stay at officetel the entire time until the nose operation? Maybe this is where all the officetel situation began?

Just my 2 cents, for any future patients; you should always have proof of payment in writing, whether it's a statement from the bank, receipts, or you can put the clinic on the phone with your bank so there's no reason for the clinic to mistrust you.

angleplane, i think you should of taken care of the bank transfer before the op. you said, you planned to, but made a mistake, so it didnt go through. you cant blame vip for being suspicious or whatever. usually you have to pay at least a deposit before the op, but vip trusted you and performed the op without payment. i mean, you planned to stay in their officetel even though you were doing eyes and zygoma in other clinics :s and when told to leave, you stayed there without permission.

of course clinics can be/are moneyhungry, but i dont think to the extent youre saying.

also i agree with destiny 1682, you had a lot of work done. eyes, nose, zygoma and mandible. i think you need to give yourself some time to get used to your new face. youre 3 weeks postop. the final results of rhino are usually seen after a year.

stay around 2 weeks if possible. meals are ~$5-$10 depending on where you eat. joann recommends some of the more expensive places (kraze burger tastes 10x better than mcdonalds but it costs ~$10 for a burger :S) but there are lots of restaurants that charge $6 or so. i didnt find many restaurants close to the officetel (there was one across the street from the clinic, beside the family mart) but there were lots at dongdaemon and other markets, and other places.

bbgurly posted a list of ppl who had their noses done, so you can pm eac of them and ask if they would be willing to share pics

i dont feel any pressure in my bridge anymore. i used to have a constant feeling of pressure in my tip and bridge but its gone now.

how long do you plan to wait before removing the implants? and are you removing the bridge or paranasals?

Yes, they do.

its okay. i think it provides some valuable advice to other ppl: payment issues can really mess things up.

i dont think angleplane really had outrageous expectations.

Hi angleplane,
Please give more time and patience for your skin and muscle to heal before judging how it looks right now. Your eyes, nose and face heals up a little bit everyday so they will look slightly different day by day as well. Please be patient and dont stress out yourself. Im sure there are still swelling and the parts that have been worked on are not settle yet. give a little more time for them to heal to change into the shape/feature that you desire. Try not to pay too much attention on how it looks now. Wish you a smooth and speedy recovery :smile:

Guys, I am already 3 weeks post op, what I can tell is my nose and my whole face looks hottttttttt, I luv it so much, I am really thankful to dr lee, Joann, Jessica, jin, the lady who cooked us rice, the driver who drives us to officetel the lady who facial me and wash my hair everyday, all the nurses who let me hold their hand whenever I am scared, the 2 girls at the front:smile:

:smile: so glad you're happy with your results and healing well! What procedures did you have done and how much?

If you don't mind, could you share any post-op pics? [email protected]